It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity Glue....really amazing.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well....didn't expect to get up this morning to see this thread so active. Thanks to everyone for linking to other videos and others that can do it. I have no doubt he did this, as I have seen stacks like this before when I lived out west YEARS ago. I have watched a couple other videos of his and he is just wildly talented at this. I think this would be a really cool ability to have. The balloon one just blows my mind....that is truly amazing.

Toolstar....thanks for the info...you will have to post some stuff here from LEAF! I would love to see this type of thing done in person with my kids....they would be slack jawed.....

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I emailed Michael asking about the rock watering and...

hi David, i like the way the rocks look when they are wet.

also somewhat of a christening or blessing i guess.

thanks!

Michael Grab

looks like I made too strong of an assumption earlier. lol

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomorangatangarang

I emailed Michael asking about the rock watering and...

hi David, i like the way the rocks look when they are wet.

also somewhat of a christening or blessing i guess.

thanks!

Michael Grab

looks like I made too strong of an assumption earlier. lol

Ha....wow that is cool that he was so quick responding. Thanks!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I've seen some of his stuff before - love it.

Haven't seen this collection though, thank you for the find/share!

I wonder if he'd come out if paid accommodations were to be had and build a few on my property....lol

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry
I've seen some of his stuff before - love it.

Haven't seen this collection though, thank you for the find/share!

I wonder if he'd come out if paid accommodations were to be had and build a few on my property....lol

That would be pretty cool, though who knows how long they would actually last.

If you do....better upload video and pics to ATS so we can see!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Just created a new account to tell you guys this as I haven't been active in a year or so and couldn't log in. But the pioneer of this amazing art happens to live in a hut just down the road from me. His name is Adrian Gray and I can assure you, its no hoax! Here's his sitewww.stonebalancing.com...
edit on 21-5-2015 by DorsetUK1993 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DorsetUK1993
Just created a new account to tell you guys this as I haven't been active in a year or so and couldn't log in. But the pioneer of this amazing art happens to live in a hut just down the road from me. His name is Adrian Gray and I can assure you, its no hoax! Here's his sitewww.stonebalancing.com...

Oh wow...just went through the pics on his site. Very cool! Does he do this all over the area? Seems he is making a living at it with galleries and custom installs.....very cool!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I think its one, quite remote beach he mainly uses, probably thanks to vandals.. But I remember seeing a demonstration when I was a young kid and being 100% certain it could only be magic :p

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is not possible on our planet. In the past I have been accused of being naive but If I had to choose what is a hoax or not I would pick this one first.

edit on 21/5/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
This is not possible on our planet. In the past I have been accused of being naive but If I had to choose what is a hoax or not I would pick this one first.

wow...just...wow.
1. go outside.
2. pick up some rocks.
3. stack them.
4. edit your post while there's still time. maybe you can say something that makes it appear as if you actually watched the videos or read the thread, even though you obviously didn't, and your reply is actually the hoax.
edit on 21-5-2015 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Actually it is possible, I have done it many times up in Yosemite National Park. Not on the scale of difficulty that this guy has achieved, but successfully enough to feel like I accomplished something cool. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Beautiful, thank you for posting.

I think the water added is to signify and add life to the sculpture, water is life..for us at least.

These are very beautiful works, and whether right or wrong, i instinctively feel these works are meant to convey a deeper meaning...we have natural Earth materials representing the body of Earth..the water is the life force that gives the works a life quality, and the precarious balance is representative of the fragile and delicate balance we must attempt to maintain, to achieve both harmony and beauty.

Whatever the meaning behind them, they are inspiring and instil a sense of clean, crisp freshness.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'd like to just comment on the simplistic beauty of stacking rocks in nature's wonder... and how good this guy is at it... and ignore the people saying "hoax" ... but darn, it's hard.

I know "hoax" is thrown around too indiscriminately by people with broken world-view anxiety, but this cements it. Anyone posting about how this is a "hoax" has no credibility left and may now keep their ill-informed, ego boosting opinions out of any thread pertaining to lizard people, video moons or little people living in sock drawers, too... heh.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Its cools stuff, I used to mess with things like that when a kid. Its not hard though, I just did it for fun and to kill time and on small things out of curriosity, but I suppose if you have the time and inclination you can do all kinds of balancing acts. Though they will fall, its no question especially in nature all it would take is a strong wind. In the vid it even shows them falling, though in reverse motion to give it that coming together effect on video.

Either way its pretty cool. The dude should try it on bigger things, though heavier stones? Good luck trying to lift those up to place them anywhere.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Man the wonder of beauty is so lost on some people…

Ditto, my idea of beauty is well, piling stones isn't even on the list. Unless it happens naturally…

But I won't insult you for your opinion either.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

Sure, ANYONE can do this!

What, pile up stuff on your desk? I used to make house of cards sculptures, too. Big Deal.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

All the people coming in this thread and just claiming hoax, without any proof to back up their lies and slander is what really is wrong with this website, and society in general.

You're on this website, and a member of society, too… whats wrong with others opinions, again?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

…as well as other ways of creating art from the natural landscape…

Sorry, just my opinion… natural landscape is the art, not our meddlesome efforts to recreate it.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Ya gotta love electronic corespondence.

Its quite logical that one with an elevated awareness such as he would do something so deeply ritualistic out of simple spontaneity.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Out Of This World

originally posted by: zatara

There is probably no greater praise for a work of art than to insist that it is impossible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join