It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab Emirates Mars Mission Unveiled

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Gothmog

Will see if I can locate one.

That would be good.
But it might be a problem because there have been a number of space missions since he was elected.

Only after about a 4 year lull from 2010 on . Sure the ISS , etc was continued and research still under way. However several proposed missions were scrapped at the time .

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Constellation was scrapped. And replaced.
That is not quite the same thing as:

Obama stated NASA would no longer be having space missions , their duty was to assist in the ME .

edit on 5/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Yes . Constellation was cancelled . So were the new Ares ( I think those were the planned heavy lift systems) launch vehicles , returning to the moon was scrapped (for a while) , the shuttle system that was planned was scrapped and the responsibility for delivery to the ISS was turned over to the Russians.Did someone have a change of mind in that time ?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Did someone have a change of mind in that time ?
About what? Since the beginning of the space exploration programs have been proposed and abandoned for various reasons.

Can you provide any evidence that:

Obama stated NASA would no longer be having space missions , their duty was to assist in the ME .
You said you would.

"Today, President Obama is proposing an additional $18.5 billion for NASA, building on the significant investments the administration has made in America's space program over the past six years," Bolden said. "NASA is firmly on a journey to Mars. Make no mistake, this journey will help guide and define our generation."
www.nasa.gov...
edit on 5/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

The stink of shadow governments at play.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

The stink of shadow governments at play.

Shadown government?

Ok, whelp...

Any thoughts on the mission its self ?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

I don't want to see any nation that forces theocracy and has its women under death shrouds and veils, to leave the atmopshere of this planet.

I agree but you do realise its an unmanned probe no ones on board.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Great to see signs of a global space incentive, however it does give me goosebumps.
Think of the turf boundary disputes that will most likely occur in the near future. As yet, we have not given much international attention to how this process will be managed.

As Eddie Izzard would say; "..with the cunning use of Flags."

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Amazing.

This is in the "Space Exploration" forum, not a political forum or a religious forum, but a forum for discussing "Space Exploration". The OP even requested that the replies be on topic, even though they should not have had to do that.

If you want to discuss political or religious topics, please create a thread in the correct forum instead of highjacking someone's thread and ruining it. If you have no interest in the topic don't post in the thread at all.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Right. One to rule them all.

It's interesting (I think) that the UN doesn't have an official space program. I guess nobody wants to chip in for that.

United Nations Space Command!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Great to see signs of a global space incentive, however it does give me goosebumps.
Think of the turf boundary disputes that will most likely occur in the near future. As yet, we have not given much international attention to how this process will be managed.

I agree ! It is amazing , i dont see a future with territorial disputes any time soon haha. I hope not at least . But i am curious to see what information can be gathered from this mission .

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
so the space race isnt really over yet

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I think it's a good thing. The more nations that can explore space, the better. Eventually I'd like to see all of humankind working together on these missions, but any progress is still progress.

Personally, I'm still waiting for the cheap "space tourism" though.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

To be fair, international business & political leaders are probably already working on that stuff. It's not like national political elections or political press coverage ever focus on space exploration.

It's like how the international community has many agreements on Antarctica, but this info is almost never talked about in the press. Part of it is because most citizens probably don't care, while some is because it doesn't really fit any mainstream political ideology. So what would a political party even say if China, the US, or even the UAE wanted to claim a section of Mars? Like what would that have to do with local economies, jobs, immigration, etc?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Sure but my comment would be hijacked by the mod.

Suffice it to say, I believe humankind have already been to Mars and beyond.

edit on 1431831974Saturday31Sat, 16 May 2015 22:06:14 -0500pmSaturday06101031 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join