It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab Emirates Mars Mission Unveiled

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Arab Mars Probe May Resolve Red Planet's Atmospheric Puzzles

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) Space Agency’s plan to send a compact car-sized probe into orbit around Mars appears to have a dual purpose. With last week’s announcement of its blueprints and science goals for the mission now set for launch in July 2020, the UAE signaled that the probe will secure the Gulf state’s role in both the international planetary science community and the global space technology sector.

Its mission aims include observing clouds and dust storms; changes in atmospheric layers and for the first time how the atmosphere interacts with Mars’ varied topography, from the large shield volcano Olympus Mons to the deep canyons of Mars’ Valles Marineris.

But will the probe actually be more than just an Emirates proof of technology mission?

“The UAE Space Agency has been very consistent in that they don’t want to do a technology demonstration mission,” said Bruce Jakosky, NASA MAVEN (Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution) mission Principal Investigator and a Hope mission Co-Investigator. “They want to contribute substantively to the world’s exploration and understanding of Mars.”

To that end, after being inserted into an elliptical 55-hour orbit in the first quarter of 2021, Hope will carry out its nominal two-year science mission at altitudes ranging between 22,000 to 44,000 kilometers. From there, the mission will investigate how the lower and upper levels of the Martian atmosphere are connected. One goal is to create the first global picture of how the Martian atmosphere changes throughout the day and between seasons.

LINK

This is great news ! the more people involved the better!

Glad to see Arabs coming back to the great work they once left behind,

Contributions they have made in Math and astronomy has played a vital roll for the progression of humanity .

I ask All the members who participate in this thread to keep it on Topic please ,let us not turn this into a religious or political debate .

Thanks

Kap

edit on 16-5-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Space research needs to be a greater international effort than it is now. These efforts, for too long, are too expensive for any one nation. Also, it's often the forum where nations are most likely to pool their resources and co-operate. It was just that USSR space station was called "Mir" (Peace).
edit on 16-5-2015 by Meduzi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
I don't want to see any nation that forces theocracy and has its women under death shrouds and veils, to leave the atmopshere of this planet.

Firstly ,it's spelled *Atmosphere

Secondly , I asked humbly not to turn this thread into a Religious or Political debate , they have no room here .

Thirdly , u·ni·ty
ˈyo͞onədē/
noun
the state of being united or joined as a whole.

And this is what space exploration should be about , regardless of religion or politics.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Don't confuse a government, with the people. Space is where nations grow. If you deny them that, you're advocating keeping them in their current state.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
We don't need the wrong ambassadars in space. Though the situation also has a spiritual component and what is out there, and frequency level. I actually think its for their own safety overall. But no. UN needs to ensure international laws and rights of all on earth are upheld and these nations need to reform. Their black ops have already been there, under Rockerfeller and other ventures.

Don't think people should be going to some of those places anyway, equipment is different of course, but that would be entering the space program in a visible way as renegades. And we have to stop pussy footing around the problems on this planet and start to right them, equality and freedom, progression and technology that is clean and non fossil fuel and caretake and preserves the dignity and rights of all individuals and caretake earth. Then our frequency is a little higher and the bad guys won't eat the sacrifices sent to them. Not joking.

P.S.: that is the whole corrupt problem, sell us all out for the oil money that criminals who abuse their citizens amass. No thank you,its tainted money.
edit on 16-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

It's not any countries business to decide whether another conducts space research. There is already enough legal obstacles with cooperating with other nations on space, as it is.

Edit: I see that you've added more to your post.

This research may not look important to you, but 'blue sky' research has value. There are often many spinoffs. In fact, business has been killing off blue sky research. That's one of the greatest obstacles to new solutions and possibilities

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

UN needs to ensure international laws and rights of all on earth are upheld and these nations need to reform.

Right. One to rule them all.

Then our frequency is a little higher and the bad guys won't eat the sacrifices sent to them. Not joking.
Higher frequency of what? Bowel movements?

edit on 5/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
I don't want to see any nation that forces theocracy and has its women under death shrouds and veils, to leave the atmopshere of this planet.

This comment is a perfect example of why the people of the world cannot combine efforts to achieve great things..

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Hmmmm...

Everyone suddenly wants to go to Mars.

** sniff **

I smell stink.
edit on 1431813582Saturday31Sat, 16 May 2015 16:59:42 -0500pmSaturday5940431 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I didn't write any of that.

Edit: I see you've now changed your post.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Good Lord even Buzz Lightyear has a better space program than NASA these days.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So thats where all the funding went that Obama pulled out from under NASA , then told them that their mission now wa s to create peace in the ME....unbelievable again.....

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Meduzi
Right, fixed.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Hmmmm...

Everyone suddenly wants to go to Mars.

** sniff **

I smell stink.

What stink do you smell ?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
So thats where all the funding went that Obama pulled out from under NASA , then told them that their mission now wa s to create peace in the ME....unbelievable again.....

Sarcasm I hope ?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I wish. Thats why there was that long 4 year lull in NASA missions. Obama stated NASA would no longer be having space missions , their duty was to assist in the ME . This due to the fact that the ME had contributed so much to science, and it would make them feel better...Truth

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Obama stated NASA would no longer be having space missions , their duty was to assist in the ME .

Source?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Will see if I can locate one. This was back in the early days of the Obama admin and was in several of his speeches.

Obama Gives NASA a New Mission

NASA's new mission: Building ties to Muslim world

There were lots more , but looks as if I can only post the 2 . When embedding link , Java bugs on me . I did a search for Obama gives NASA a new mission.And I remember when it was big news .I work at one of the largest tech firms in the universe , and that was all the talk at the time.

edit on 16-5-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Will see if I can locate one.

That would be good.
But it might be a problem because there have been a number of space missions since he was elected.
www.spaceref.com...

edit on 5/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join