It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It's time that Pistol and Boo buggered off back to the United States.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The title was taken from the article and is not neccessarily a personal opinion .

But it might be .

www.9news.com.au...

Well it seems Johnny Depp tried to pull a swifty and bring his 2 Yorkshire terriers, Pistol and Boo into Australia without going through quarantine

"The dogs have been ordered into quarantine and the owners have been advised the dogs must be exported within 72 hours," the statement read.

If they were not exported, the animals would be euthanased, the department said.

Now Australia has built a whole industry around clean and disease free food produce and i am sure if an ordinary run of the mill non movie star had done this their dogs would be dead and the owner would be in a whole world of hurt . Yes i know he will get fined etc but do you think that a fine will even be noticed with the money he must be making .

But then i guess you are thinking this .Put put to sleep you say , a bit over the top . But wait . Seems the US has pretty harsh qurantine laws as well , although i am sure it will work out well because ... , well he makes movies .

www.9news.com.au...

Johnny Depp's dogs could be put down upon their return to the United States because of quarantine laws there for animals coming from outside the country.

Oh Johnny , oh what a tangled web etc .

"I'm informed that Pistol and Boo are preparing to fly on a private jet back to the United States, which is the best news that I've got," Mr Joyce said.

Private jet . I cant afford to have a decent holiday and pistol and boo get a private jet . But it all should be good .

The Department of Agriculture will issue export certificates for Pistol and Boo in an effort to make it easier for them to re-enter the United States.

Now i love the pirates franchise and the 5th movie is bringing hundreds of millions to Australia . but Johnny what were you thinking .

Thoughts ATS especially Australians .

edit on 15-5-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Alas not Australian, but I saw this "news" today and saw some people respond via fetid media.. I mean social media like twitter and facebook, people up in arms that the whole thing is vile and that the authorities in question should be ashamed! I could not agree.... at all. Like you said, if it was a normal person BOOM dogs put down and fine issued. Because the guy is famous for playing that one role... over and over again... we should all feel sorry for him and his lil doggies.

How about no?

Don't feel sorry for people who knowing break the law for personal gain

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose
How about no?

Don't feel sorry for people who knowing break the law for personal gain

Have to agree. One rule for us and another for them is entirely BS.

Hate it for the dogs, because they're innocent in all this.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I dont think anyone blames the dogs . lol. I am sure the dogs are disease free , christ they probably have never been outside , but our laws are for the 1 percent of animals that might not be so clean and healthy . Sorry johnny you broke the law .

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
i feel sympthay for the dogs - they have to live with the idiot - and face the consequences of his stupidity

PS - can we not put the dogs in extended quarrantine - and re house them when they are shown to be desieise free - and euthanise mr depp ?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Now, about, the boat people and illegal immigrants. Special privilages for these;. i.e. No quarantine, straight onto welfare and no need to consider immunisation.

Not levelled at you Hutchy, just the double standard. The monkey was quarantined.

Kind regards,

Bally.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

So fine the people but don't kill the dogs (animals) since it's not their fault.

That's the best way to go.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Jeez mate you kind of lost me with the monkey thing .

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
To people reading or replying to this thread in the second link you can vote on whether Jonnhy Depp should be prosecuted . And see the results .

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Alls well, the monkey in the movie was required to be quarantined. Six months, methinks, before the ape could be released to stardom.

But Depp must've thought his doggy woggies were more important and didn't require the accustomed sidelining. But,,,sigh,,if we all had a personal jet...

Ballster..

edit on 15-5-2015 by bally001 because: Flamin spellin, what else.

edit on 15-5-2015 by bally001 because: Hate spelling

edit on 15-5-2015 by bally001 because: Finally got it, I hope

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Really . I did not know that . Had to check my links . Lol .

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Yeah, it's crazy, dunno who has the more brains outta this lot, Depp?,,, his girlyfriend?,,the dogs?,,, the ape?..or perhaps the softy greenies who reckon it's alright because,,,"He's Johnny DEPP.!! and,,,and,,,those poor, poor puppies...(Cue in sobbing)".

Private Jet to Iceland I reckon.

Bally

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Private Jet to Iceland I reckon.

I am sure Iceland has strict quarantine laws also . They to are an island state .

Oh and 38,414 people or 78 percent say Depp should be prosecuted . Rightly so .

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

"Sorry" bout Iceland. Well perhaps he should jet to,, maybe Siberia. Leastways he may get to work in the camps there if he's prosecuted. Here, he'll just get a slap on the wrist, and that may hurt him.

I suggest, in line with all that goes on here, Mr Depp should step up to the plate (microphone) and say, "I'm sorry." Then, so it supposedly happens, all is forgiven. Just ask 'Peter Garrett and the Turncoats'. I'm not confident that will be the case as I don't know how many times we have to say "sorry" but JD could give it a go.

You have to ask yourself. If a person can privately jet in with animals albeit dogs. What else could be brought in on your private aircraft if you are considered a celebrity.

I really have to stop drinking...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I really have to stop drinking...

Friday night mate , its mandatory in some states to drink , i am sure it is here in SA . But you are right , he apparently hid the dogs in a carry bag . How bad is our customs people . As for an apology , yes i think it is warranted but i am not sure it will be forthcoming . and the number is up to 40712 saying prosecute him .

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Cheers mate,

I was just looking at your avatar. Sees the hog's senses and the weapon are trained upon the pooch. Very clever. Pooch looks like it's just been bagged.

lol.

Bally

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Its not very often i get called clever and sadly it was a coincidence .

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Leastways you'd make a frightening customs officer. The pooch even looks guilty.

Bally

edit on 15-5-2015 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

G,day hutch.
yep the bloke broke the law knowingly too i might add.
he did the deed to avoid the dogs spending six mths in the cages
put him in the stocks, he should be used to them by now
keel haul the pommy dogs
and send the lot packing with a very big BUGGA OFF sign round their necks. lol
you got to love b joyce he can be a funny bugga at times.
prob is he is just another main stream party polly
OK joking aside
fine the bloke to the max
deport the dogs now or shoot them
and fire the customs dropkicks who failed to do their jobs correctly

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Some one tell that fancy overpaid buccaneer to take his buccun dogs and bucc off

Its a bit sad that he thinks he is above the law, thinks that letting his dogs into the country possibly risking a national industry is ok.
edit on b2015Fri, 15 May 2015 08:13:55 -050053120155am312015-05-15T08:13:55-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join