It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Daughter Just Got a Job With Big Pharma

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Hey windword,

Congratulations and thanks for posting this thread.

NOT ALL BIG PHARMA WANTS TO KEEP YOU SICK AND ADDICTED!.

We definitely needed a different perspective on that topic.

I had a short but blissful brush with "Big Pharma" about a year ago. It changed my entire perspective on work and how it gets done.

It's the most high performance work environment I have ever been in. No one ever gets to see what they do because their processes are almost all proprietary and secret. In other words, there is not likely to be any popular documentaries on the work practices of "Big Pharma".

And that's a bummer: what's goin' on at these places elevates human work-ways to a level I have never seen. It's awesome, if you like that sort of thing, and I do.

I hope your daughter kicks some serious ass.

Have a good one.

edit on 18-5-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

This is a process my rhumatologue talked to me about, as a possible treatment to try for my problems.
She won't do it because she says it is still in experimental stages. She said it is done a lot for athletes.

My husband worked for big pharma for years, and now is in material instead (stents). We had trust in them at first, but ended up feeling disillusioned and bitter about their methods. Nasty goings on at the higher levels.
edit on 18-5-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
For you or me to get this treatment even if it is successful would probably mean selling our house and all our assets. I'm sure their treatment protocols are extremely expensive.

But on a side note, maybe its worth looking into how T cells can be repaired via natural remedies that are readily available.

That aside, think your daughter sounds a remarkable individual and is working on this research for all the right reasons.
edit on 18-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Thanks for your good thoughts, as well as everyone in the thread who has also expressed their good will. As for the rest of you, I understand your distrust.

It's the most high performance work environment I have ever been in.

That's what my daughter said too. She said that she's used to to being the one with the most drive and integrity in her work environment, working weeks without a day off and well into the wee hours of the morning. She's delighted to be working with people who seem to have the same level of drive, determination and integrity!

edit on 18-5-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
5 degrees? How long was she a student? She must be over 35 !

She may love the salary, but when you've put that much work into your education, the driving force should be to do good for the world, not to make money.

When you work for Big Pharma, it's all about the money, not what you can do for humanity.

Great she got a good job that pays well, but I would have hoped that someone with that much brainpower might use their phenomenal intelligence to bring progress to the world, not to make a ton of money.

It's not very honorable.

Who are you to determine what is honorable or not?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Good job on you as a mom. I appreciate everything you're trying to do for your son. My mom has always been like you as well.

I will be giving ATS an update in the near future, and I will write a thread about it. I have made some progress towards not a cure exactly, but reducing the pathology of diabetes. I am type 1 for many years, and I have seen you on my threads.

Remember, I'm not a doctor, but I'm making some progress towards reducing the need for so much (ineffective) gmo insulin. Here's a clue-autoimmune diabetes is a TH1 disease. The TH1 branch of the immune system is hyper-active in type 1's. The other clue is that type 2 is a TH2 disease. See where this is going? If you can perfectly modulate the inflamed TH1 system in a type 1 diabetic, I believe this will be the cure. Diabetes of both types is an INFLAMMATORY disease. Certain foods can boost or lower TH1 or TH2 or BOTH. Certain foods can modulate, or balance either TH1 or TH2 or BOTH. It's a very complex thing to figure out, but I want to get others to start researching some of the info I've found. I will not be posting that thread on ATS for some time, because I'm just at the beginning of my research in THIS area. I wish I had more info at this time, but I will keep ATS as updated as I can.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Yeah, T-cell that are "confused". Guess what. What you eat, makes up your body. You are what you eat. If the things you eat are crap - and you can assume that for at least 80% of the food you ingest nowadays - your body will become crap and behave crappily. This is the logical consequence. It doesn't take a "scientist" to figure that out.

What the pharma industry does, is, giving drugs to fight the symptoms of this weird behavior. But instead the attempts should be investigating the real root of the problem: the food we eat daily. Because what you eat defines your health. Admittedly some drugs are efficient to fight symptoms, but often you can never stop using the drugs, because the malnutrition continues daily.

Of course you can then claim the pharmacy "helps" people with sickness symptoms, but on the other hand, they just fight symptoms and not the source. And that's what casts a bad light on this industry. A huge part of the pharma industry just lives off the malnutrition of people. If money was instead put into healthy food (no genmanipulations etc.) a huge part of the pharma industry would disappear instantly (including all their "workers" who believe they work for the greater good - while in fact they just profit from wrong nutrition of the population.

You can also say: but then it's the nation to blame and not the pharmacy. And you are right. The pharmacy is a symptom which evolved from the bad nutrition we have, which is caused by the food industry, which itself is caused by overpopulation, which itself is not restricted by the government etc. Eventually you'll find out we live in a sick society and you can't blame a single person or institute for it. It's the whole together which defines this sick machine.

edit on 20-5-2015 by anotherdaytoday because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join