It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #48: The United States Is Not, And Never Was, A Christian Nation

page: 42
<< 39  40  41   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I'm not American but I always understood that The USA was founded as a place where your religion was your choice and that all faiths were welcome with the understanding that faith had no place in government. I thought that was why the various religous groups that were being persercuted in Europe went to the Americas, why you have Quakers, Mormons, Puritans and so on and Europe basically does not. I thought that this was the idea. Am I wrong? like I say I'm not from the US.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ROUPracticaldiplomacy

I think it was the 40s and 50s a lot of things became Christian oriented, Money stamped with in god we trust, anthems, and such. Around that same time, atheism was equivocated with communism.

It was all social engineering. Took a while for us to come out of it. Otherwise, a lot of our founding was influenced by Christianity that doesn't mean we were a Christian nation but our founders were mostly Christian or deists with Christian overtones.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think, there was a competition between Christian fundamentalist and Enlightenment thinking aka Luciferianism.

Their cosmology is twofold. They see the Old Testament God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as the Satanic one.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

It's not disparaging to Christian Dominionism; the saying about wolves in sheep's clothing comes from a Bible verse. (Matt 7:15)

Some of their famous authors are caught making silly gang signs from the pulpit. If they're not Christian, they are attending church and using God's name in bad faith.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It never was a Theocracy. It was the people for the most part that had Judeo/Christian Values. The founding fathers all agreed 'If the people stopped having those values the government wouldn't work'. Look where we are now.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a

originally posted by: SortingHat
It never was a Theocracy. It was the people for the most part that had Judeo/Christian Values. The founding fathers all agreed 'If the people stopped having those values the government wouldn't work'. Look where we are now.

Well, it was because of the Bible and the values that they got from it, that was the foundation that God was really in charge, and stewardship of freedom was what they had in mind.

Freedom does not mean free from God, the original sin.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Jesus we got a necro problem.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 06:07 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Beyond claiming a divine right to rule in Rom 13, conservatives can never put their finger on what namely they are trying to conserve or for whom. They do not ask whether it is Biblically a sin, or if we have liberty in Christ to do it. or what was the Biblical means of legislating the issue. If rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil, who is actually ordained of God to rule?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 39  40  41   >>

join