It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien conflicts

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:
(post by Scdfa removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

originally posted by: wmd_2008

a reply to: Scdfa

Why limit it or did they stop visitng when digital arrived

No, but it became far easier to fake photographs using digital technology. That doesn't mean all digital photo are faked, however. I'd prefer they were included in the body of evidence, I've seen some stunning digital photos of UFOs.

Well post the links to them , any type of photograph can be faked not just digital also you have to consider ANY old photograph has to be scanned and then becomes digital to get it on to the net

First of all, GFY, I'm not here to do your homework for you.
If you want me to teach a class, cough up some tuition.
I'm not here to beg you to believe in aliens, you can remain as ignorant as you like.
This is America, ignorance is encouraged. It worked fine for George W. Bush.

Second, you're damn right about the net. That's what happens when you rely on the net for your understanding of reality.

What's "GFY"? Is that anything like GFL?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

You think I find idiots entertaining?

I know I do.

I suppose when Paul Revere made his ride, there were a few who rolled over and went back to bed.

Well, I'm Paul Revere.

Another screen name?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

originally posted by: JackHill

I'd ask my Space Brothers from the Pleiades what they think, but they don't believe Jadestar exists.

Oh my god. Just brilliant. Please never leave this forum.

BTW, I hope you take some time and make a thread with your experience eventually.

Could you BE any more over-the-top in your public display of slobbering affection?

BTW, many of us have also expressed this hope.

Yes. I am very interested in the details of Scdfa's story. It's a pity he spends more time in verbal jousting which references his experience than writing down the details OF his experience. Details of which may be of value in supporting his story.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I have no doubt YOU think your experience is real but YOU cant prove it and for all anybody knows you could just as easily be on here to wind people up and entertain yourself at the same time and that is just as likely as your claims.

You think I find idiots entertaining?

I'm here because what happened to me is important.
Not just important to me, but important to you.
It's a matter of life and death, even if a great many are too brainwashed or simply too stupid to connect the dots.

I suppose when Paul Revere made his ride, there were a few who rolled over and went back to bed.

Well, I'm Paul Revere.

Didn't you, earlier in this thread, accuse scientists who are patiently waiting for conclusive data regarding extraterrestrial life of having "delusions of grandeur?"

Funny I don't see any of them comparing themselves to historical figures.
edit on 13-5-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

'Hey dad you know I think I have this crazy dream, because obviously can't be real right? I mean, little big headed things entering my room, you know... I just mention it because believe it felt so real'

'Hey son, guess what, I had the same dream, I remember basically the same things, damn! It felt so real'

Houston, we have a problem!

Schizophrenics are known to have quite similar and stereotyped delusions and hallucinations. People's brains are not so different from one another.

Sure, I forgot that when people start claiming that they were abducted by unkown entities, they automatically become 'schizoprenics'. In the example above, the two, perfectly healthy (as usual happens with the abductees), suddenly become 'schizos' even when a medical exam will say otherwise.

Try again.

Here's an actual photo of the most common species of alien:

Where's the moderation on this thread? Do we allow systematic trolling?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

'Hey dad you know I think I have this crazy dream, because obviously can't be real right? I mean, little big headed things entering my room, you know... I just mention it because believe it felt so real'

'Hey son, guess what, I had the same dream, I remember basically the same things, damn! It felt so real'

Schizophrenics are known to have quite similar and stereotyped delusions and hallucinations. People's brains are not so different from one another.

Sure, I forgot that when people start claiming that they were abducted by unkown entities, they automatically become 'schizoprenics'. In the example above, the two, perfectly healthy (as usual happens with the abductees), suddenly become 'schizos' even when a medical exam will say otherwise.

Try again.

I thought that photo was kinda clever.

Basically what he was saying is the most commonly offered argument in support of the existence of aliens on earth is a "straw man" argument.

Do you know what straw man logical fallacy is?

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on false representation of an opponent's argument. This technique has been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly in arguments about highly charged emotional issues where a fiery, entertaining "battle" and the defeat of an "enemy" may be more valued than critical thinking or understanding both sides of the issue.

Scdfa uses this quite a lot in his posts.

"jadestar says I'm a liar or delusional" - straw man

"jadestar ignores the mountains of evidence in the field" - straw man

"jadestar says the aliens aren't here because they can't get here from there." - straw man

"I don't need to give the details of my abduction because it doesn't matter what I say, jadestar will think I am lying." - straw man

He knows it will get him stars because of the audience. He knows his audience well, i'll give him that. If he sharpened up his act he might even be able to hit the UFO lecture circus, i mean circuit.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Try again.

I don't think so. In fact there was just a post that got removed for manners violation.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Try again.

The point of my response was that your entire post was a strawman argument - a complete and deliberate misrepresentation of mbkennel's post for the sake of showy confrontation. A common tactic among the Aliens R Here crowd.
edit on 13-5-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JackHill

If you notice, I responded to the same post and basically said the same thing. You were also rude to me earlier for apparently no reason when I responded to the same post. I tried to discuss something in a reasonable way but you don't seem like you want to discuss anything really. But yes, your argument is a straw man.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
OK, listen up....ALL 4 OF YOU. This disruption that you guys commit in thread after thread ends now. Post bans to follow. That means in other threads as well.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Why limit it or did they stop visitng when digital arrived

No, but it became far easier to fake photographs using digital technology. That doesn't mean all digital photo are faked, however. I'd prefer they were included in the body of evidence, I've seen some stunning digital photos of UFOs.

Well post the links to them , any type of photograph can be faked not just digital also you have to consider ANY old photograph has to be scanned and then becomes digital to get it on to the net

First of all, GFY, I'm not here to do your homework for you.
If you want me to teach a class, cough up some tuition.
I'm not here to beg you to believe in aliens, you can remain as ignorant as you like.
This is America, ignorance is encouraged. It worked fine for George W. Bush.

Second, you're damn right about the net. That's what happens when you rely on the net for your understanding of reality.

Sorry mate but I formed my understanding LONG before the net as for your 4th word above you can do likewise, you make claims and said you have seen convincing images they YOU should put up or shut up. The motto here is Deny Ignorance, as I have said before many of us on here are keen or even professional photographers and many of us are into astrophotography, it's really strange that with so many members active around the world using QUALITY equipment that we never see Mog from Zog that could be because WE actually know what we are looking at!

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

Then the problem is not with those who ask for testable evidence. The problem is with why such evidence is so hard to come by in this field.

Deal with that and you will have made progress. Otherwise it's just stories, ambiguity and stuff which can be explained without evoking "OMG ALIENZ!!!!"

No it can't all be explained and I already know why "testable evidence" is so hard to come by. One reason would be because of covert crash retrieval teams.
Whatever is found and gathered is being tested alright but the results are not for public domain. If you just have to have answers to these tests, find a way to get in contact with the scientific division of the secret shadowy government.

At best, everything you and Scfda have listed would be inconclusive regarding the Extraterrestrial Hypothesis. But if you look at a lot of that "evidence" you'll find real problems with it.

The only problems is with those in your camp accepting it.

But wait, the government that "covers up" UFOs is also releasing FOIA documents which you think proves they are ET?!?!

Do you not see the huge leap of logic you're making here!?

Yes government agencies back in the 70s felt the need for this phenomenon to be known and were able to release documents due to Congress enacting the FOIA but what's being shown is just the tip of the iceberg. The real juicy stuff is still classified.

Have you read this?

Physical Evidence Related to UFO Reports:
The Proceedings of a Workshop Held at the Pocantico
Conference Center, Tarrytown, New York,
September 29 - October 4,1997
- Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol. 12, NO. 2, pp. 179-229,1998 0892-33 10198 - 1998 Society for Scientific Exploration

Wow, amazing how some of those conclusions make perfect examples of what I stated.
I went straight to the photo evidence case and the photograph went through some very rigorous testing but passed with flying colors but was rejected because of the lack of an eyewitness. Nothings ever good enough. Now combinations of evidence are still needed. If eyewitness testimony can't usually stand on it's own, then what good is either going to do together?

Then I went straight to the apparent gravitational/and/or inertial effects case. The very bizarre sighting with lots of detail was corroborated by the crew, ground witnesses, then even more witnesses attested to it, but only to be rejected because of the lack of physical evidence. There was a watch that could have been tested but the assessment for cases like this is a demand for physical evidence or Impossible Proofs are mandatory. When watching an object silently zig zag at such high velocity bending at any angle imaginable how in the world is any physical evidence even going to be obtained.

Here we even have the combination of evidence (witnesses from 3 different locations) that was desperately needed but once again, it's still not good enough.

No need to read any more to see how these cases got shot down. I wouldn't be surprised if more of the reasons came from my list.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I'd ask my Space Brothers from the Pleiades what they think, but they don't believe Jadestar exists.

BTW, I hope you take some time and make a thread with your experience eventually.

Could you BE any more over-the-top in your public display of slobbering affection?

Yes. I am very interested in the details of Scdfa's story. It's a pity he spends more time in verbal jousting which references his experience than writing down the details OF his experience. Details of which may be of value in supporting his story.

In the meantime you can read about this particular case, and give us your inputs about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

In the meantime you can read about this particular case, and give us your inputs about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The first question: is there anything left which can be tested?

For instance, in the Hill case the University of New Hampshire has the physical evidence associated with the case open for examination as part of the Hill collection.

Is there a similar repository in this case?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

I gave it a look over and it just sounds like a couple of guys that ran out of gas with a UFO story attached. sounds kind of typical really. just one for the mountain I suppose.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

edit on 13-5-2015 by Scdfa because: Double post

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

edit on 13-5-2015 by Scdfa because: Double post

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The first question: is there anything left which can be tested?

For instance, in the Hill case the University of New Hampshire has the physical evidence associated with the case open for examination as part of the Hill collection.

What sort of evidence do they have? Betty's dress?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join