It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Clarke: Baltimore Cops ‘Offered Up As Human Sacrifices (Interview, Video)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yes I read that already, he was served on the 13 march and was released on the 18 of march, so he was free at the time of been detained.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Wasn't aimed directly at ya

Just for the thread in general.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Neutrality

Then for that I commend you, and I am truly and honestly happy for you. Is not many success stories that can come forward as living examples.

There ARE many, we just usually don't come forward due to being ashamed of our past. I work with people in such situations. My main teaching point, prove yourself as a good person, then see the shock when they hear your past. It's honestly, well disturbing, once you admit your past, judgemental people will forget your PRESENT and judge you immediately on your PAST, therefore keeping most like me silent.

*ETA I don't mean sexual predators at all, past or present, those people can go to hell. I mean people that made mistakes.
edit on 3-5-2015 by Neutrality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: abe froman

Freddie Gray is not accused of a crime.

What were they going to do when they got him to the station?

A) charge him with a crime

B) admit it was a false arrest

C) ice cream party

...sometimes the smartest people say the dumbest things.

You forgot a option. (which unfortunately is the option they chose)

D; check and see he's not breathing then call a paramedic.

I would think it would be kind of hard to charge a dead guy.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

originally posted by: abe froman

Freddie Gray is not accused of a crime.

What were they going to do when they got him to the station?

A) charge him with a crime

B) admit it was a false arrest

C) ice cream party

...sometimes the smartest people say the dumbest things.

You forgot a option. (which unfortunately is the option they chose)

D; check and see he's not breathing then call a paramedic.

I would think it would be kind of hard to charge a dead guy.

Star for reality. People aren't always the most trustworthy.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I never thought I'd see you of all people trolling.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Stating the facts is trolling.
Oh, yeah. On ATS. I see your point.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Stating the facts is trolling.
Oh, yeah. On ATS. I see your point.

Phage, YOU are one of the main reasons I stuck around ATS so long, and became a member, but yes, you trolled this one

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Human sacrifices was a figurative term! Not literal..... these police officers are taking the fall to stop the violence and prevent more riots in every city in the country.....Are you really this obtuse?

Pax

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Very well said and i couldn't agree with you more...However, in all fairness the prosecutor needs to recuse herself
from the case to avoid a conflict of interest......

thank yuou

Pax

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

Human sacrifices was a figurative term! Not literal..... these police officers are taking the fall to stop the violence and prevent more riots in every city in the country.....Are you really this obtuse?

Pax

They havent taken the fall for anything yet, they still have a trial.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Synchronicity at work again Pax!

I just posted a prediction here -www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think this was done in a rush to create an unwinnable case.
An acquittal after a long wait expecting justice would be just the nudge to push the African American community over edge.

Sadly, I feel confident that is exactly what the PTB want.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

Pax

No they are getting charged because their actions led to the death of Freddy Gray. This cop has done nothing but run his mouth about stuff he doesn't know anything about. The idiot must think that cops are above the law.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

The thing is that the defense will have to prove the conflict of interest. If they can do that, then the prosecuting attorney will have to recuse his or herself and another be brought in.

I do believe that they will have to request and be granted a change in venue, where the trial will not be held in Baltimore, but in another city.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

The thing is that the defense will have to prove the conflict of interest.

The Fraternal Order of Police wants Mosby to recuse herself because the Gray family's attorney donated to her campaign... But the Police Union donated to her, too! Source Video at source.

Also, her husband's position has nothing to do with this case whatsoever.

I think they'll have a hard time proving any conflict.

edit on 5/5/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
So cause she got a campaign donation from the Grey family she should recuse herself? But would they not want her to stick around, cause they also donated to her as well?

If there is no conflict of interest, then there is no reason to recuse herself.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

From every media outlet I read, see, or hear from it's quite clear that African Americans are being targeted by predominantly white police officers. Yet, when I look at actual police reports and statistics, it paints an entirely opposite picture.

It's almost like the media is trying to drum up racial tensions by spreading misinformation. Remember kids, drama sells. I don't trust the media any more I do cops. But at least the cops aren't trying to sell me something.

Keep in mind that people ARE in fact dying when it isn't called for. But to claim the police are targeting a specific group over another is disingenuous. Remember a while back when all those white folks (predominantly homeless) were shot and killed? Like the one guy at the park who was told to leave, then shot? Or how about the numerous no-knock warrants to white households that lead to policemen killing innocent whites?

There is no "white against black" problem, it's a "Cops against EVERYONE" problem. (Or rather not the cops, as generalizing them is equally as bad as saying all whites are rednecks, or all blacks are criminals. Rather it's the system that's teaching these officers that their lives matter more simply because they are policemen.)

My opinion at least from doing some actual reading and not listening solely to the media or race baiters across the spectrum.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
So cause she got a campaign donation from the Grey family she should recuse herself?

Not even from the family, but from the family's attorney. It seems they're grasping at straws, hoping to get her to step down, so their cops have a better chance of a sympathetic prosecutor.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The problem has always been this: When it comes to prosecuting police, the prosecuting attorneys are caught between the proverbial rock and hard spot. They owe their position to the citizens of the area, who often have to elect them into that position, while at the same time they have to work with the police. It is the police that act as the investigators, and the people who gather evidence. It has to be a joint partnership on that end.

But what happens if the Prosecuting attorney has to charge and prosecute a police officer. It could have been one that they have worked with before and thus now they are caught, do they go after said person, knowing it could cause problems for later cases, or do they go light and try to keep things smooth across the board, and hopefully have a good working relationship with the police in the future, or go hard and damage that relationship.

The prosecuting attorney has made her choice, she is going to go after the police and side with the public in this case. We can only hope that she is mindful of the accused rights, that all steps are covered every step of the way. One misstep and she could find that the judge rules a mistrial, or the jury renders a verdict of not guilty and it could end her career very quickly, as neither the public will want her around nor will the police want to work with her.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I will reply to you here, windword after your inappropriate comment re: "rush to judgment" was placed in my thread about the 2 MS police officers....

Yes I repeat "RUSH TO JUDGEMENT" and conflict of interest.....

The attorneys representing the six city police officers facing various charges filed joint motions for the court to either dismiss the case altogether or get an independent prosecutor.

The motion claims numerous conflicts of interest that include prosecuting for political gain. According to the officers' attorneys, Mosby charged the officers on May 1 to quell Baltimore's unrest. They point to comments she made that day:
"I heard your call for no justice, no peace. Your peace is sincerely needed as I work to deliver justice on behalf of this young man."

"You're at the forefront of this cause, and as young people, our time is now."

The officers' attorneys believe those comments violate Maryland law on prosecutor conduct, specifically, "refraining from making extrajudicial comments that have a substantial likelihood of heightening public condemnation of the accused."

There are 3 or 4 conflicts of interest that is taled about right here...

wbaltv.com

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join