It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Clarke: Baltimore Cops ‘Offered Up As Human Sacrifices (Interview, Video)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Milwaukee county sheriff and former homicide detective David Clarke explains why States Attorney, prosecutor, Marilyn Mosby has demonstrated a rush to judgement in the indictment of six Baltimore police officers.

Sheriff Clarke told Fox News Channel’s Neil Cavuto on Friday that, as an experienced homicide detective, he had never gotten a criminal charge within 24 hours after handing over reports and evidence to a prosecutor.

[/yvid]

“This neophyte prosecutor stood up there and made a political statement, Neil, and I say that because she’s chanting or voicing some of the chants from this angry mob. Her job is to tune that out. She said, I hear the voices. She’s not supposed to hear anything as she reviews this case that is not consistent with the rule of law and our system of justice,”

I for one, agree with Sheriff Clarke, regarding, way to soon to make an indictment! There is so much evidence this woman needs to go through and no way she has done that in basically 24 hours. At best she has skimmed through reports and cherry picked the evidence to indict these officers.. I am of the opinion that these cops are taking the fall for their country to prevent major riots in several city's..throughout North America.

Please don't misunderstand me, something happened to Freddy Gray....but what? At this early stage ,it is everybody's best guess

Your thoughts about the video please?

Thank you for your time

Pax

+13 more 
posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

I talked to my cousin a bit about this last night both her and her husband were police up there. Her husband retired she left the force to raise her kid. They think because of the disregard for the seatbelts that the charges were going to obviously come. The police had 3 separate chances to properly strap him in and didn't as well as not rendering aid when requested.

It doesn't help that the arrest wasn't legal. They managed to put a belt on the other guy so they have no excuse. They can't even try to play ignorant about it.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I think people Saying it is a rush to judgment. Are in fact theirselves rushing to judgment. Because none of them have seen the evidence she has.

You must also remember she has her own investigators that I'm sure were not just sitting on their thumbs waiting on the police report.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The investigation began the day Freddie Grey was arrested, Feb 12.

Honestly, it isn't that complicated. Freddie Grey entered the van in one conditions and left it in another. He died as a result of his injuries a week later. But the investigation didn't hinge on his death, it hinged on his injuries and the officers' policy violations.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
as soon as you are wearing cuffs, you are the responsibility of the state. Your safety is their problem to worry about. When someone dies in police custody....it never looks good for the cops. But when the cause of death is deemed to be due to the cops horrible driving, and choice to not buckle in the passenger....negligence is still negligence.

The one thing that I am shocked at is the Lt being charged. She went after management, the white collar. Thats the only thing that really shocks me.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well said, people must remember. They may be police but they are also US citizens and bound by US law. If I grabbed a guy and threw him in the trunk. Then drove around for a hour and stopped several times and saw he was in distress. Then refused him treatment and he died. I can guarantee you I would be found guilty of at least manslaughter.
edit on 3-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I work with John Law regularly. It's not at all unusual for perps to claim injury @ hands of police, nor to throw themselves around the paddy wagon to simulate brutality.
apparently the guy had had surgery a few weeks before and he might well have just done himself in.

IIRC this prosecutor has zero law enforcement experience. I agree wi opener; the policemen (policewoman) are being sacrificed to the mob.
can you imagine if they go to trial and get found not guilty? imagine those riots.
defense lawyers will want to move trial as far from Bmore as possible.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

He did not have surgery before, just cause you read that doesn't mean it is true.

It probably was used to quell the situation but I think it is wrong to say it is such sensational terms.

They were negligent at the very least and it lead to a death, sorry that will get ya thru the criminal process in our country.
edit on rdSun, 03 May 2015 16:36:54 -0500America/Chicago520155480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

I work with John Law regularly. It's not at all unusual for perps to claim injury @ hands of police, nor to throw themselves around the paddy wagon to simulate brutality.

All the more reason that they should have followed procedure and strapped Freddie Grey in properly.

And, btw, I'm fairly certain that surgery rumor is false. Did Freddie Gray Have a Spinal Injury Before His Arrest? No.

+4 more 
posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
Milwaukee county sheriff and former homicide detective David Clarke explains why States Attorney, prosecutor, Marilyn Mosby has demonstrated a rush to judgement in the indictment of six Baltimore police officers.

"Rush to judgment"? What judgment? They have been CHARGED with crimes. This is the way out political system SHOULD work. If these 6 men had been civilians, would there be reason to indict or should they just be let go? Just because they're cops doesn't give them special rights. It's clear this needs to go to court and the local investigation has been going on for a couple months.

She also said prosecutors had been working on a "parallel investigation" that included using city sheriff's deputies.

"This was not something that was quick, fast and in a hurry," she said. "We reviewed hundreds of hours of camera footage and statements. This is something we worked really hard to get to the bottom of."

Inside Look at the Baltimore Investigation

Your thoughts about the video please?

If a civil case is brought, it will happen after the trial. What Marilyn Mosby did is EXACTLY the rule of law. Clarke accused Mosby of acting emotionally. What are these phrases that he used?

"neophyte prosecutor"

"I’m not going to silently stand by and watch my brother officers, offered up as human sacrifices, thrown like red meat to an angry mob"

Please! Who's being emotional ?

Of course the PD is going to try to "protect their own". They've done it for YEARS! Their officers have been killing for years without having to face consequences. It's time to start making police obey the law. They are not above the law and what we're seeing is the legal process as it was meant to be.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
That's funny, because if you, I, or any other NON-LEO did the same thing, there wouldn't be a "delay" in arresting us and filing charges. Cops don't deserve special treatment, and in my opinion getting these cops off the street ASAP was the RIGHT thing to do. They killed a man.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs

apparently the guy had had surgery a few weeks before and he might well have just done himself in.

You watch way too much fox news. The previouos surgery was fabricated BS.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neutrality

Being from the uk I havent kept up with this case, but I'm very interested in the fabricated bs. Who started it? and how was it proved bs?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: Neutrality

Being from the uk I havent kept up with this case, but I'm very interested in the fabricated bs. Who started it? and how was it proved bs?

Feel free to catch up
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Okay i appreciate the comments, however, something no one has brought up.....The prosecutor said Gray was not breathing when he arrived at the Emergency Room. She also said he had been in that state for an hour....

as a former trauma nurse, if a patient arrives in the ER and they are not breathing and have been that way for 45 mins, there is not a trauma doctor around that would place a patient on a ventilator when the patient had been down i.e. clinically dead! Because you are attempting to revive a brain dead person! Think about that a minute....What hospital is going to absorb that astronomical cost? Not to mention that is sick and unethical! Doctors in trauma and Emergency Medicine go into that line of work because they care about people, ALL people..This would be a sick and cruel act..I know the type of human being it takes to work in a high adrenaline life and death environment...it certainly is not for everyone but these Dr.'s and nurses are into saving lives not vegetables!! He was placed on a vent, why?

This is being reported incorrectly! I would love to here from the panel of doctors and nurses that actually took care of him from the time he arrived until the time of his death...

All we have heard is the medical examiners report...we have not heard from the Dr.'s who worked on him! That is a very important piece of evidence...How do we know that he was not breathing when he arrived? How do we know that he wan't heavily sedated while in the hospital and was trying to get up and fell? WE DON'T!!!! THAT IS MY POINT!

As a States Attorney, and the prosecutor, Mosby is supposed to be unbiased! It is unethical for her to make the comments she did!! by law, is supposed to stick the FACTS AND LEAVE HER EMOTIONAL OPINION AT HOME! She has absolutely no business saying anything such as the youth of Baltimore, we heard you! Justice is served..blah blah blah!!

This is a total set up people!!

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

If they are guilty there will be a "celebration". If they are innocent there will be a "riot". Just can't win!

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Ya we can tell how unbiased and emotional this is.

Do you know what she had and hasn't not heard for a fact?
Just cause we don't know doesn't mean she doesn't.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
While I am generally wary of the way police conduct their business these days; I agree that this indictment seems suspicious and politically motivated. I wan't justice not scapegoats.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
While I am generally wary of the way police conduct their business these days; I agree that this indictment seems suspicious and politically motivated. I wan't justice not scapegoats.

Even if it is politically motivated, if it causes LEO's to second-guess that un-needed kick to the ribs, or unpleasant ride in the back of the wagon, wouldn't that suffice?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I talked to my cousin a bit about this last night both her and her husband were police up there. Her husband retired she left the force to raise her kid. They think because of the disregard for the seatbelts that the charges were going to obviously come. The police had 3 separate chances to properly strap him in and didn't as well as not rendering aid when requested.

It doesn't help that the arrest wasn't legal. They managed to put a belt on the other guy so they have no excuse. They can't even try to play ignorant about it.

This hits the nail on the head, and in all honesty, there really isn't much more to say about it. I see the sheriff's viewpoint, but as Grimpachi said, they had multiple chances to correct an oversight that could've helped save a man's life.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join