It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This What We Have Become? A Nation, A World Full Of Hate?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: OpinionatedB

America was a melting pot of ideas but no longer.

Now everyone is trying to dictate not only individual actions but also morals, personal beliefs, and thoughts by power of legislation.

If you do not think, act, speak with, and agree with the herd, you will be sorry.

For me, that is something I cannot abide. I can see expanding upon those melting pot ideas, but never to dictate through legislation...

THAT mindset will destroy America - and too many people died to allow it to be destroyed, imho.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

I am proud to call you friend!

Now I'm sending you a U2U.. hahaha...

and don't worry, the trolls wont get to me that badly.. you all are so totally stuck with me! (PS>I don't want to hear of any self inflicted injuries as a result! hahahaha)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Ma'am, I would consider you, your husband and I as friends.

And as a friend I know without a doubt that you are actually High Priestess Of The Bunny Clan.

Don't let it upset you, ma'am.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I am proud to call you friend!

Now I'm sending you a U2U.. hahaha...

and don't worry, the trolls wont get to me that badly.. you all are so totally stuck with me! (PS>I don't want to hear of any self inflicted injuries as a result! hahahaha)

NOT THE DREADED U2U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cody

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Ma'am, I would consider you, your husband and I as friends.

And as a friend I know without a doubt that you are actually High Priestess Of The Bunny Clan.

Don't let it upset you, ma'am.

Yes, I am your friend.. and you and yours are very special to me and mine..when possible, we WILL be having dinner.. (BACON!...lol... with beer (Guinness) and wine (cause your wife and I are proper ladies!)

yeah, you know me though.. I just am what I am..

All my love to you and yours...

ETA:

Blessings to the bunnies in the bunny clan.. (I suppose that is proper etiquette for a High Priestess!)

edit on 1-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

OMG.. that is so funny!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Do not take it too personally, many of the account being created everyday now are not who they app ear to. I have been noticing accounts since the beginning of the year being created, post only a few replies to very specific, divisive topics and then never posting again. This is becoming very common in the more controversial topics and I am sure the admins have noticed.

Long story short, we are being soft DDOS'ed by some outside influence who is creating division in strife with new accounts. This is my observation. Just look back at any of the racial, ISIS, or Ukraine/Syria?Iran threads from the beginning of the year you will see people who only commented for a certain set of topics during that week and then just ghosted.

It is probably what you encountered.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

He said he knows me as a US NATO Israel MSM lapdog

I knew it!!! Glad some one finally outed you

Jokes aside, that is quite the claim! You must have touched a nerve.

Great rant, very well said.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I always think it is funny when some guy I've never seen before tells me that he knows my posting style. Of course the people who say that always follow that up with why they don't like me. It makes me feel INFAMOUS!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

We all still love you

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I see it in every part of everyday life.

There was a thread yesterday that showed a video of a woman being harassed and abused because she was different.
Made me sick.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

IMHO this is what you get when God is removed or twisted into what He is NOT.

2Timothy 1-7
1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

This was first aired by Paul Harvey in 1965.

I would say mission accomplished.

I am sorry you had to suffer this.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Yup, I see it too. Perhaps my post wasnt fully understood. I'd have to go into quite the diatribe to explain fully.

Like I said, it will get worse. These are just growing pains from switching to a communication system that encourages individuals to drop their social facade.

I stand by the statement that people have always been this way. More and more are simply dropping the mask they used to wear on day to day life. Perhaps that's a bit cynical for some, but the masks have never worked on me.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

When I read your post, it instantly made me sad that this happened to you. I can understand the yucky feelings that instantly seep in when someone attacks you for no reason. Please try not to let others rip at your spirit, I know it hurts. That person is probably not in a very good place right now (mentally/spiritually speaking). I have also been feeling a bit discouraged with some of the comments I've been reading as of late. But on a positive note, it makes me feel good that so many people have posted in a genuinely wonderful way as a response. I do feel that there seems to be big waves of negative sentiment, but it's so much nicer to see the positive responses. In my heart I truly believe the good outweighs the bad even if we can't always feel it at the time. I may not know you personally, but I honestly hope that peace is with you, you seem like you have a good heart and even if it gets hurt sometimes, l hope it can always shine bright.

Much love to you and yours always.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I am replying to you here, but this is kind of also to stosh, although his reply will be separate as there are some measure of separate issues involved.

You call this dropping a mask, yet, where are we as a human race when a mask is simple politeness and/or kindness. Those things should be a part of us.. even if that kindness or politeness shows from one to another slightly differently it still shows if its there..

In a way, yes online we do ask questions we may not feel okay about asking in person.. but at the same time, we shouldn't be any different in person than we are online.. I asked myself if there was one question I asked online that I wouldn't have asked a friend should I have had a friend close enough to me who could have answered.. and its no..

there is nothing I asked about or discussed online that I wouldn't have felt comfortable asking a friend, so really, it for me is not like I have dropped a mask, but more like I have many friends I didn't previously have..

for me the only mask I have dropped is allowing people in - allowing others to know me better.. I lost the fear of being hurt that I normally have in person.. or at least, I don't stop the fear of being hurt from having friends..In person, I am simply more likely to keep everyone but a few at arms length, so to speak..

but if most people walk around wearing a mask of kindness that they wish to be without.. that says a lot about our society as a whole.. for me, if I really thought that about people in general.. I would become a hermit and never speak to anyone again.. I have to have more hope for our society and our country than that I suppose.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

lol... yeah.. no sense hiding it any longer... hahahaha

Thanks for the compliment!

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I always think it is funny when some guy I've never seen before tells me that he knows my posting style. Of course the people who say that always follow that up with why they don't like me. It makes me feel INFAMOUS!

lol... well.. we ARE cool enough to be infamous!

originally posted by: flammadraco

We all still love you

Love to you too!

edit on 1-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

you know, I have noticed the same thing.. it may well be someone just trying to stir up trouble.. but I cannot imagine to what end.. usually there is a gain in the minds of someone who would do such a thing, and I cannot see a gain to it.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

okay.. now I am to your post, but I need to let my computer cool off for a while, seriously or the CPU will overheat.. (been having a few difficulties lately..)

so give me a while, I am not ignoring you at all... and I will be back and replying to you (and others as well!)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I'll reply to your other post in a bit (it appears I have some time!).

As for your CPU issues, I might be able to help you out with that. Both through knowledge and some spare parts. Feel free to send a PM about it, overclocking has left me with an enormous amount of stuff that might help. Sounds like a rather annoying issue.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Hey OpB!
I think you're my kind of people!

I'm not writing here much lately, but I read a lot of your stuff...enough to think of you as a 'friend'.

I will tell you what I've been telling my daughter..."How somebody treats you, says everything about them...and nothing about you."
It's not about you.
This person really knows nothing about you, except what you write here. Such a teeny percentage of who you are.
Don't take it personally, you're well thought of around this place.
Other guy? What was his name again? lol

jacygirl

edit on 1-5-2015 by jacygirl because: nm

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: Serdgiam
You call this dropping a mask, yet, where are we as a human race when a mask is simple politeness and/or kindness. Those things should be a part of us.. even if that kindness or politeness shows from one to another slightly differently it still shows if its there..

First, I'd like to clarify I wasn't thinking of you in terms of the social facade. It's more of a general thing. Through anonymity, people tend to show their true colors. I think we see the same thing even with vehicles. Beyond that, I certainly agree that kindness and respect *should* be synonymous with "human," but reality shows a different picture.

In a way, yes online we do ask questions we may not feel okay about asking in person.. but at the same time, we shouldn't be any different in person than we are online..

Agreed. The behavior I am talking about isn't just questions though, it's an overall demeanor. The same demeanor that prompted this thread. It isn't uncommon to encounter such reactions in an otherwise innocent attempt at discussion. And again, the person who responded to you would be the focus of dropping the mask.

I think that as the social lines blur between personal interaction and anonymity, we will get a true measure on things.

Like I said, the masks don't work on me and that is a bit of a blessing and a curse. It's not about me being clever either, people's faces change before my eyes according to what is behind the facade. I have no expectation of belief on that one! But, it took me many years to figure out what was going on.

It is also a generalization, meaning that it doesn't apply to everyone. There are plenty of kind, generous, respectful people. Then again, I am moving into the mountains in a week, so..

I also have hope though. Otherwise, I would not be spending so much time doing anonymous research, etc. In the end, if no one has any idea I am connected to my work, then I have done my job right!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join