It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This What We Have Become? A Nation, A World Full Of Hate?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: Char-Lee

Yup, I see it too. Perhaps my post wasnt fully understood. I'd have to go into quite the diatribe to explain fully.

Like I said, it will get worse. These are just growing pains from switching to a communication system that encourages individuals to drop their social facade.

I stand by the statement that people have always been this way. More and more are simply dropping the mask they used to wear on day to day life. Perhaps that's a bit cynical for some, but the masks have never worked on me.

Again I have to disagree that people are not simply dropping their masks. We behave as our heart dictates, people don't pretend to be kind and caring they either are or they are not.

example... someone drops something, another picks it up and hands it to them, the original person says thank you. Simple act of kindness. Now people walk past and let the person juggle their stuff and never even think to help.

Personal example... in the detergent aisle at the store I was buying stain remover, another woman picked up the same one but seemed unsure looking at it and then others. I said, this is really great stuff, it works really well and I have tried most of them.
Her response she didn't say anything an angry look like "why are you speaking to me", what I would have found 20 years ago would be a thank you and a smile.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I am just going from my own life experience. I have known plenty of people that acted kind in order to manipulate others. Sales people do this all of the time, as do con artists.

In the end, we seem to agree that social etiquette is changing for the worse. I can't see much purpose in arguing whether or not people wear facades in public.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

I am just going from my own life experience. I have known plenty of people that acted kind in order to manipulate others. Sales people do this all of the time, as do con artists.

In the end, we seem to agree that social etiquette is changing for the worse. I can't see much purpose in arguing whether or not people wear facades in public.

I never thought of it as arguing. But yes we can agree things are changing and also that most people do wear "facades" in public and some in private too...like my ex who constantly put down Men who cheat on wives and other moralizing lol while having at least 6 women going at once as i sadly came to learn.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You know...I actually see OP's point and wish things weren't that way. But they are. And yes, differences are not the problem but they are part of it. We vote for politicians and one that I may vote for my cost you your job. You have every right to be pissed at that politician and maybe even at me for voting for them. I may watch a group of people riot and burn buildings...and then the same people do the same...and again...and again. I may decide that from my experience I don't like those people who do that. Eventually, after years of learned experience...there are people you don't like.

Just kinda the way life works.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
F*** 'em man.... if they don't want to be part of a real community here then they're not worth bothering about.
They can stay on the outskirts of our town, under the bridge with the poisonous trolls.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Hate is created by fear. Since the past few years, fear has greatly increased in the world, hate has increased with it. The enemy of hate is hope. That is what the world needs most right now.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

If people have to be thrust into terrifying or barbaric circumstances to invoke this "goodness", then all we have to look forward to is perpetual war and strife.

I also stand by what I said

edit on 2-5-2015 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2015 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If you are upset, hurt, or embarassed for yourself of them, or however you feel- there is no wrong way to feel. But don't let them effect your core qualities, don't let them change the wonderful person you are! DON'T let them win!!!

I know you won't and you wouldn't, but, you know, words of encouragement and whatnot... You are Not Alone!!

Hugs, prayers, love and friendship

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum

If people have to be thrust into terrifying or barbaric circumstances to invoke this "goodness", then all we have to look forward to is perpetual war and strife.

I also stand by what I said

I'm afraid we're going to have to agree to disagree, respectfully and as friends, in the worst mankind can throw at us the good shines through, if you choose to look for it.

You can see death, destruction and turn your back (not you personally this is a generalisation) walk away and try to pretend it never happened.

It did

What you take from that is a personal choice, horror for the rest of your life, or hope.

Call me a cock eyed optimist (Cue Jonny Matthis) I've no idea where that came from
But I choose hope............ Yeah I'm idealistic .............

Cody

ETA: I blame my dad for the music

edit on 3/5/15 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Is This What We Have Become? A Nation, A World Full Of Hate?

Yes. MANY people have an attitude that they are entitled to be unapologetically disrespectful and/or hateful. Most are blind to the fact that they act that way. Others simply don't care that they do because ... afterall ... they think they are entitled to act in that manner.

I know a few truly good people. But only a very few.

This past Easter I made a decision to try to give up gossip. Gossip is hateful, even when what is being said is true. So in that spirit I've stopped reading TMZ and am attempting not to mock the Kardashians or Bieber .. even though they make themselves easy targets.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I gave you a star because I envy your ability to be idealistic, sadly I'm a realist which doesn't leave much room for hope.

I'm glad there are people in this world that can find the silver lining.

Much love and respect

P.S. I'll have to disagree with your choice of music though...however the lyrics gave me a good chuckle hehe

edit on 4-5-2015 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: Serdgiam

I think our species has always been this way.

I don't think so, I see a change in the way people treat each other even in a store or park.

Not where I live, in fact people appear to be nicer.

As well, I may add, how you project upon the scene can have great effect.

But all in all, people are under a lot of strain, that they cannot see or identify, and most know the world as presented is bursting with lies from controllers they cannot stop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join