It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOT a plane and likely NOT a blimp - SAN DIEGO LIGHTS

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: justbe

You did just fine! Interesting that there will be no reporting at the moment...

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

Interesting too that the reporter blatantly stated that station management expressly forbade interviews/additional reporting on the subject and allegedly told her not to give her name to the press. Why say anything at all? Are they trying to send the message that there really was more to it but they've been censored? They had to know making a statement like that is only going to make people that much more curious about it...very strange indeed.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Nobody cares that the sighting took place southwest of the bridge and southwest of the bridge is a pretty big Navy base? Or will someone inform me that a military exercise has been debunked?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

So they can draw a line under it and make it go away. My take is they know exactly what they were filming - Crane on unfinished skyscraper - and just want the story to end. The station management probably wants an end to it after he/she found out the exact filming location. Obviously the exact filming location is the key to this and the station management doesn't want to admit that the film crew were mucking about or fooled themselves. It looks bad on the station hence the attempt to draw a line under the story.
edit on 6/5/2015 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

So they can draw a line under it and make it go away. My take is they know exactly what they were filming - Crane on unfinished skyscraper - and just want the story to end. The station management probably wants an end to it after he/she found out the exact filming location. Obviously the exact filming location is the key to this and the station management doesn't want to admit that the film crew were mucking about. It looks bad on the station hence the attempt to draw a line under the story.

Maybe...

This is the Drone Capital of the world.

I raised my eyebrows until someone pointed out the resemblance to a TV Show.

Also, south of that bridge is Mexico.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Interesting too that the reporter blatantly stated that station management expressly forbade interviews/additional reporting on the subject and allegedly told her not to give her name to the press. Why say anything at all? Are they trying to send the message that there really was more to it but they've been censored? They had to know making a statement like that is only going to make people that much more curious about it...very strange indeed.

Yes it does make it all the more compelling now they had to have known that! So why drum up the interest?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

I thought someone already posted a map or something regarding the Naval base...it would seem logical that if that were the culprit it would have been reported by now.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
UPDATE: Reporter is gone. Nobody at the Station will talk.

Huffingtonpost.com

I tried to call the reporter.

They transfer you to some guys voicemail.

The reporters name is Laura McVicker. This is kind of strange.

She is in charge of Social Media and was there on another story.

I might have to go out there to be positive.

But, I think the direction the camera is pointing is over water.
edit on 6-5-2015 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

So they can draw a line under it and make it go away. My take is they know exactly what they were filming - Crane on unfinished skyscraper - and just want the story to end. The station management probably wants an end to it after he/she found out the exact filming location. Obviously the exact filming location is the key to this and the station management doesn't want to admit that the film crew were mucking about or fooled themselves. It looks bad on the station hence the attempt to draw a line under the story.

If that were the case, it would go away a lot faster if they simply said it was something ordinary. But that's not what they're doing. Instead, they're shrouding it with even more mystery and providing fuel for any and every wild (or perhaps not so wild) speculation out there. That's rather counter-intuitive if their goal is to just make it go away, is it not? And being a news station, they would be aware of the psychological impact of their actions.

News crews screw up all the time when covering stories and they don't seem to typically have a problem with admitting errors; in fact I think it bolsters their credibility and garners more trust from their viewers when they do that. Of course anything is possible, but they would have to know that instead of making people forget it, they are accomplishing the exact opposite. It just doesn't make sense to my brain.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Are you close by the area then? It looks like it's over water to my eye as well, but I have a small screen on my laptop and I think that limits my visual perspective since I'm practically blind as a bat anyway.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Are you close by the area then? It looks like it's over water to my eye as well, but I have a small screen on my laptop and I think that limits my visual perspective since I'm practically blind as a bat anyway.

What do they mean they are not allowed to talk about it ?

They are supposed to be Journalists. It has to be Military.

They are the only ones telling people they can't talk about something.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Yes it does make it all the more compelling now they had to have known that! So why drum up the interest?

Exactly! I'd love to see the rest of the footage (I'm quite sure there was much more than what we were allowed to see) and pics/video/testimony from anyone else who may have witnessed it. Of course that's out of the question but maybe someone out there has a copy and will share it with the rest of us eventually. So frustrating!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I would tend to agree with you that it involves the military, assuming of course the lights are terrestrial in nature (or really, even if they aren't), because it's the only thing that makes sense. But still, I would have just expected some anticlimactic cover story instead of a public statement that they've been told to keep silent about whatever it really is. This is just bizarre.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

What do they mean they are not allowed to talk about it ?

They are supposed to be Journalists. It has to be Military.

They are the only ones telling people they can't talk about something.

I'm going with they don't want to be caught B.S.ing the public.

They know what it was... probably knew as they were filming it.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I think that is horrible reporting and just for that we should be outraged at least their fellow San Diego(ains)?? Should be!

oh and tigertatzen I sent you a PM if thats ok?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I thought someone already posted a map or something regarding the Naval base...it would seem logical that if that were the culprit it would have been reported by now.

No that is totally illogical to even assume that. The first article to come out clearly stated they contacted the military.

Actually here is the exact quote:

We put in calls to the military here to see if they could identify what these were. So far, no response.

^Bingo.

This is the only logical conclusion that it was a military exercise...... if and only if the other witnesses reporting the sighting from other vantage points are even true, real, factual.....

It is possible there are no other witnesses, the news station made that part of the story up, and everything about the whole thing is fake and a hoax.
edit on 6-5-2015 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It happened. Just checked the witness Larry Fox's FB page.

Found this interesting...He said he saw it again the following night.

I messaged him. I hope he calls me. I want answers dammit.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

He's the only witness to have come forward...his FB seems kinda normal but the guy is definitely a character...his picture of the UFO reminds me of the Hessdalen lights.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

He's the only witness to have come forward...his FB seems kinda normal but the guy is definitely a character...his picture of the UFO reminds me of the Hessdalen lights.

Lots of people saw it. He saw it again the next night.

There is a Tijuana UFO report from that same night.

I'll find the video...(reminds me of Stephenville).

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

Haven't read the whole thread, but have mountain lights been ruled out? I know there is a San Ysidro Mountain.

Mountain lights?

Later, an NBC 7 news photographer returned to the same location during daylight hours and noticed the lights were coming from a mountaintop where there were TV antennas.

www.nbcsandiego.com...

The news photographer was in San Ysidro, presumably facing about E to ENE, where the mountains are.

The viewer from Del Cerro was looking SW, and his picture is unrelated to the 'news story'.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join