It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Riots-Live Feeds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves
Thanks
Here's a link
Timcast

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I know, just explaining how the riot line works. We never had guys in the line that were armed though, mainly because we didn't want somebody grabbing one of OUR weapons when things got sporty. The guys in the front rank just had shields and body armor. Guys behind them had the sprays and other similar toys. The guys with guns were way in the back.

And to be fair, so far 7 officers have been injured, including one who was unresponsive. And nobody has popped off shots so far. That we know of anyway.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Dianec
Can someone please tell me what is known about how this man ended up dead after being arrested? I can go catch up on MSM but would rather hear it on ATS.

He was arrested and put in a prisoner transport van without being buckled. Some people say he was already in medical duress at that point. Then he got bounced around during the ride and suffered a spinal injury at some point.

Thank you. That message is totally lost as this has become a way to take advantage (clearly), rather than being about the death of this man. I just watched as people looted another pharmacy. Shameless - walking out with all they can carry, and then throwing something at the cameramans car. This seems to be more about poverty and drug addiction (peoples meds being taken). Someone said earlier - long standing social discord. Thanks again for the updates and info re the man who died.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Reports of an armed Man at some university/college on abcnews.go.com... I did not quite catch the location. Hopefully just hyperbole.

link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I was kind of imagining a worst case scenario should someone on ether side start shooting. Im sure you are correct they will employ the use of shields and riot gear first but i imagine any national guard units will also have M16s/Armalite weapons at there disposal should things turn nasty.

I say bring in the horses, those generally put the fear of god into anyone they charge, sort them right out.

These rioters don't want the cops to start shooting. It interrupts the looting. What they do is push the cops back one block or two at a time and then go to work. We haven't had real shooing combat zone riots since the 60s after MLK was gunned down.
edit on 27-4-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Lets face it nobody wishes anybody to start shooting because it simply won't end well. 1960s or 2015 history has a habit of repeating itself.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Kent State in 1970 comes to mind.
Kent State

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Now you're just being contrary with me

Might be UMBC. Link doesn't work for me (mobile) so I couldn't see what you're talking about.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Im really not attempting to be contrary, simply reporting what i seen on the news feed.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I know lol just giving you grief.

The PD Twitter is issuing traffic advisories now. They seem to be doing a relatively good job of keeping the feed updated but nothing about any guns so far.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Lets face it nobody wishes anybody to start shooting because it simply won't end well. 1960s or 2015 history has a habit of repeating itself.

Just pointing out the shock and real anger MLKs assassination caused. Many were not thinking of looting but of fighting. Many places became no mans land with armed soldiers under sniper fire. Streets were clear in many places in the inner city save for troops exchanging fire behind cover. Firemen were shot and killed while putting out fires ect.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

They closed early today.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa
Kent State in 1970 comes to mind.
Kent State

Yea but that was just a one sided shooting spree. I am talking about some respectable level of protracted exchange of fire.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Gotcha
Lets just hope it doesn't come to that.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Wee bit before my time. Sounds horrendous, never something any civilized nation should care to experience. Same could be said for the assassination also. Certainly a sign of the times considering the amount of important individuals assassinated.

edit on 27-4-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Ya know, all these people actually in Baltimore sound scared as #......i wonder if they are sensing how bad its gonna be or even if they know whats coming and cant report it for fear of making it all much worse.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Neysa

Now another Sav-A-Lot being looted...a mile from the other
one & news cast were attacked with bottles thrown at vehicle...

Cheers
Ektar
edit on 2742015 by Ektar because: miss spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
So someone was handing out flyers for a "Purge" tonight?

Is that how this got started?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood
They were also calling for a purge on some Twitter feeds.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

"They seem to be doing a relatively good job of keeping the feed updated but nothing about any guns so far."

Police investigating reports of armed person inside Cook Library on Towson University's campus near Baltimore. I suppose he could be armed with something other than a firearm, but lets face it armed generally means a gun these days.

www.breakingnews.com...
edit on 27-4-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join