It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook FOIA Hearing - April 24, 2015

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Apparently this took place yesterday.

A Sandy Hook researcher, activist, agitator (whatever) named Wolfgang Halbig basically tried to use the Freedom of Information Act to pry out some incriminating information regarding the December 12, 2012, shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Published on Apr 25, 2015
HARTFORD CT-- Wolfgang Halbig, former teacher, law enforcement, and current national school safety assessment & emergency management consultant, appeared in Hartford CT for a FOIA hearing which was filed for 19 months ago, the purpose of which is to ask simple questions that remain unanswered about the Sandy Hook incident.

Frankly, I was not impressed with anything Halbig and his lawyer accomplished at this hearing, but maybe somebody here can note something that I overlooked. In my opinion, the two of them came across as moderately buffoonish.

I'm not convinced that the official story of what happened that day is what actually DID happen that day. From what I can gather, there was likely more than one shooter and some kind of cover-up.

Although this hearing doesn't really get us any closer to the truth of the matter, I felt it was worth viewing and discussing.

Here's also a post-hearing interview with Wolfgang Halbig.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well it starts out okay, but it's late here so I'll look in tomorrow for the rest.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I may not have the details precise here but several things of interest did come out:

Newtown Police dispatch gave the call coming from Sandy Hook Elementary school a "moderate" ranking in importance and was responding to an "unwanted person in the school".

Yet this was supposedly in response to the famous 911 call from the school saying "Sandy Hook School, there's someone shooting inside the building".

Really? If that was their first 911 call surely it would not get a moderate importance.

This was taken from the paper dispatch log of the Newtown Police.

Also there was no paper record of annual inspections of the schools nor a protocol established for doing them.

This was according to the man responsible for school maintenance.

Anyone else find that bizarre?

Lastly, several people under subpoena refused to attend or even respond to them including Pat Llodra.

I tried to listen but the audio feed went out at several key points.

I don't care what you think about conspiracies or not - our public officials and agencies should be truthful with us and many of us are certain that they have not been.
edit on 25-4-2015 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

edit on 26-4-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Joel Faxon received a text message warning him that schools were in lockdown while walking his son up to a middle school. On their way back to the car, he said he saw the chief of police driving towards Sandy Hook ES. That was all estimated at 9:30. The first call was taken at, again, an estimated 9:30. So all that around 9:30.

9:35 dispatch advises, again, possible active shooter.

I don't know how it is in Newtown, but here an active shooter doesn't get classified as routine. And the chief doesn't roll on routine calls.
edit on 25-4-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: muchmadness
In my opinion, the two of them came across as moderately buffoonish.

Maybe ... but even a broken clock is right twice a day. There's something off about SH. Too many red flags. The incident should have been open and shut. Because it wasn't, is enough of a reason to keep looking. TPTB hate this subject I'm sure.

Good OP.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Joel Faxon received a text message warning him that schools were in lockdown while walking his son up to a middle school. On their way back to the car, he said he saw the chief of police driving towards Sandy Hook ES. That was all estimated at 9:30. The first call was taken at, again, an estimated 9:30. So all that around 9:30.

9:35 dispatch advises, again, possible active shooter.

I don't know how it is in Newtown, but here an active shooter doesn't get classified as routine. And the chief doesn't roll on routine calls.

I think any of us who have worked as Police or EMS and took some time to research SH can tell it was a BS show. The truth might come out in 50 years... who knows.

From the zero emotion parents, to no trauma alert being issued(they already knew every shot was a kill??? how???), to the supposed kid who makes nothing but headshots, to the nuttier-than-nutella medical examiner...., the caricature of a gun-nut mom.... The ambulances that DIDN'T EVEN PULL TO THE FRONT DOOR!!

The whole damn thing reeks.
edit on 26-4-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Danbury hospital received word that there was a school shooting at roughly 10:00. They had over 80 doctors and nurses ready within minutes. How much more ready did you want them to be?

Same old refrain: people didn't act how I think they should have. People didn't cry enough. People cried too much. Blah blah blah. I'll agree with you that the response was hinky, and the aftermath had some strange elements. But I think it's infinitely more likely that there were procedural errors and screw ups rather than some convoluted conspiracy to off a bunch of kids to achieve...what?

Weird though. You're talking about how "those who work in police and EMS" know things and yet...no response to my statement about a) active shooters never being classed as routine and b) the chief never rolling on routine calls.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Once again, the truth here must be suppressed. For if it is not, the world will crumble. If 'they' could pull this off, then maybe the Boston Marathon 'bombing' wheelchair races would be exposed as fraud, then 9/11, the moon landings etc. None of these can ever be exposed. The closest we came was MH370, which was scuttled before it was exposed.
If you are true to science and evidence-based, all of these are easily seen for the frauds that they are.
If you are a sheep who believes that popularity is proof, then you have lost the game and should retire.
At least some people feel the fight for truth is worthy, even though they can not win, not because truth is not on their side, but because the truth is too big for the world to deal with.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Danbury hospital received word that there was a school shooting at roughly 10:00. They had over 80 doctors and nurses ready within minutes. How much more ready did you want them to be?

Same old refrain: people didn't act how I think they should have. People didn't cry enough. People cried too much. Blah blah blah. I'll agree with you that the response was hinky, and the aftermath had some strange elements. But I think it's infinitely more likely that there were procedural errors and screw ups rather than some convoluted conspiracy to off a bunch of kids to achieve...what?

Weird though. You're talking about how "those who work in police and EMS" know things and yet...no response to my statement about a) active shooters never being classed as routine and b) the chief never rolling on routine calls.

I was EMS, not Police, so I really don't know how that would be handled, but everything I've read is that the nearest hospital never received a trauma alert , and it's also incredible that NOT A SINGLE child was transported to any local hospital. Every victim was pronounced on-scene and then handled by the ME. I mean seriously???? They ddn't try to work (treat) a single one of these kids???

Apparently the Lanza kid was better than Chris Kyle.... I don't buy it.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Just for the sake of precision these are the times given in the official report for Newtown PD dispatch:

First Newtown PD was at 9:36:55

1st - Kulgren - 9:36:55
2nd - McGowan -9:38:56
3rd - Pisani - 9:38:59
4th - Smith - 9:39:04

Taken from CFS 1200704559, book 2

It makes no sense to me that an active shooter situation would elicit only sending 1 officer followed by a 2 minute lapse In dispatching additional units.

OP - Sandy Hook was on 12/14/2012, not 12/12/2012

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Whoa ... the 2+ hour long video has been made private. I was an hour and 22 minutes in. Popped out to check facts and can't see it anymore from where I sit. How disappointing.

The stonewalling from The Town's lawyer was most disappointing. The stuff Halbig was drawing attention to (attempting at least) was pretty interesting:

The Porta-Potties arriving 3 hours post incident. Wonder who placed the order and who got them there so fast. Wonder what (if anything) left the scene inside of them and where it wound up. Guess we'll never know.

The records which should have reflected known facts (the sponsored trip to New Orleans) ... a glaring omission in a FOIA request. Were the records hastily/poorly tampered with?

I'll credit Halbig with this: The guy knows school procedure all too well. He knows there's something fishy. I'd say he's put himself at some risk pursuing this matter.

Was there anything good in the last hour? The one I can't get to now???

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
I was EMS, not Police, so I really don't know how that would be handled, but everything I've read is that the nearest hospital never received a trauma alert , and it's also incredible that NOT A SINGLE child was transported to any local hospital. Every victim was pronounced on-scene and then handled by the ME. I mean seriously???? They ddn't try to work (treat) a single one of these kids???

Somebody gave you bum information.
Danbury Hospital received 3 patients; 2 children, 1 adult, all of whom died.
Everyone else was pronounced dead on scene by tactical EMTs dispatched from that same hospital.
Why other EMT units already on scene were not allowed in is still one of my biggest questions, especially if the shooter was found dead already.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Here's another version (full length)
Sorry but you'll have to find where you got dropped
Apologies but it seems the audio is missing in key spots on this video as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Whoa ... the 2+ hour long video has been made private. I was an hour and 22 minutes in. Popped out to check facts and can't see it anymore from where I sit. How disappointing.

What a bummer. Why would that happen?

I'll provide a couple other videos on the same hearing, although they are less complete and/or of poorer quality.

That's a shame.

Poor audio, with some interspersed commentary:

Better audio, no video:

Individual testimonies:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Somebody has to be first, don't they? If I'm in the middle of a traffic stop, I have to clear that before I can respond to anything. If I'm working a break in at a business, I have to clear that before I can respond.

Now, that may be as simple as scribbling a case number on my business card and throwing it at the business owner as I run to my vehicle, but it's still going to take a minute. At my agency we can't go in on a call until we clear whatever call we're on. Whether it's priority or routine is immaterial, we can't be on two calls at once.

The EMT thing I will agree with you on, though. That's strange to me. Especially, as you pointed out, the shooter was already dead.

Thanks for putting the hospital info out there, also.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

As I said, Danbury hospital received the alert and had over 80 staff ready to receive patients. Maybe Danbury is a better facility? I don't know. I know we utilize different hospitals on occasion, and it's not always the closest one.

As for bringing Chris Kyle in to things (which I don't really understand, since it's apples and oranges) : Kyle offed far more people. And I can promise you nobody was rushing to the aid of those he had offed.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I'm not sure how it works in the States but here in Canada, if a situation like SH happened, the victims would be transferred to the highest level trauma center hospital in the area, which may not be the closest. Any victim that may need just minor treatment may end up at a local hospital but for the most part, they would go to the hospital that is best equipped to handle the casualties. A level 1 or 2 designated trauma hospital would be much, much better equipped to handle a mass casualty event than some local hospitals, which would be overwhelmed by something of the magnitude of SH

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

As I said, Danbury hospital received the alert and had over 80 staff ready to receive patients. Maybe Danbury is a better facility? I don't know. I know we utilize different hospitals on occasion, and it's not always the closest one.

As for bringing Chris Kyle in to things (which I don't really understand, since it's apples and oranges) : Kyle offed far more people. And I can promise you nobody was rushing to the aid of those he had offed.

The Kyle remark was sarcastically saying, this kid with little to no weapons training, and certainly no combat experience was supposedly able to headshot every one of the kids he killed, as if he's some combat-worn super sharpshooter. I find that hard to believe.

This is really the only mass shooting I am aware of that the shooter had a 100% kill rate. I find that highly suspect. I don't believe it. And no, the teacher shot in the foot doesn't count.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: GAOTU789

I'm not sure how it works in the States but here in Canada, if a situation like SH happened, the victims would be transferred to the highest level trauma center hospital in the area, which may not be the closest. Any victim that may need just minor treatment may end up at a local hospital but for the most part, they would go to the hospital that is best equipped to handle the casualties. A level 1 or 2 designated trauma hospital would be much, much better equipped to handle a mass casualty event than some local hospitals, which would be overwhelmed by something of the magnitude of SH

That's generally how it works here also. Basically if the patient is stable enough for a longer transport then yes, you head to the nearest trauma center. With an unstable patient though you'll often be going to the nearest hospital just for access to more equipment and plasma. Down here something like this would absolutely be an air transport if the trauma center was a 30min drive.

ETA: Looks like Danbury MC is a trauma center, and it's only 14min from SH. Guess I'm debunking my own suspicions here today!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Again someone else has become the recipient of bum information.

Pardon the gruesome details but they are pertinent to understanding the facts.

According to the autopsy report from the official report only 1 victim died of a headshot at the school.
Nancy Lanza was also shot in the head and Adam Lanza is reported as dying of an intraoral gunshot which conflicts with other reports of him shooting himself in the back of the head.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join