It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few questions that do my head in . Infinity No 1 .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Here's something that I read once that should mess with your mind. Mind you, I'm not entering this verbatim but as near as I can remember it.
Say you're on a ship like the Flying Dutchman. The ship is destined to sail until the end of time. The crew is immortal. After a certain number of years a board will need to be replaced. After all of the boards (and wood in general) are replaced, is it the same ship or a different one-since everything has been replaced?
Or we can make this a little more modern and use a car instead of a ship, replacing all of the parts over time. Is it the same car or a different one?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The new board is imbued with the essence of the ship so nothing would be lost. I'm going to go with that theory.

a reply to: Skid Mark

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Nah
There is this very old red big brick wall where it all stops.

Go to bed, dont stress it, everything just comes to an end, even life.

I could be wrong, no I am pretty sure.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Skin cells live about two or three weeks.

Does this mean that the skin i am wearing now is nothing like the one i had 3 months ago .??????????

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I used to have nightmares about Infinity when I was about 8 years old. The notion of the ever expanding universe and how it never stops expanding, ever.

Travel in one direction for a million light years and you won't reach the end. Then look above yourself or down through your feet and travel the exact same distance without even breaching the inner limits.

It expands in every conceivable direction forever. My mind used to ponder this nearly every night until it would cause physical pain just trying to make my mind go that little bit further back in time, to when maybe there was a beggining. The Big Bang theory does not satiate this line of thinking, because to me, the nothingness was always here, and always will be. There may have been a Big Bang which created "Life" but as for it creating the entire universe, no. The universe was already here and when the Big Bang went off, it was but a little spark in the greater context of it.

When I was 8 years old I had never heard of the Big Bang theory, but there was something inside me that just knew of the absolute infinite expansion of the unviverse.
Now I realise that people who try to convince me otherwise are simply afraid of how minuscule we really are in the greater context of the universe. They need to put limitations on it so their minds can comprehend it.

Supposing there is an ending to the universe, like a brick wall for example, then what is on the other side of it?

Thank you for reigniting my childhood nightmare.

S&F.
edit on 25/4/2015 by Twenty38 because: Grammatical.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Makes sense to me. Why not?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

The thought has occurred to me. There's actually a Ray Bradbury story where a woman leaves her husband because she claimed she was no longer the same person when they'd met because cells die off and are replaced. I forget what it was called.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I did a quick search for the regeneration of cells . It seams the number one organ , our brain does not replace dead cells . Explains a few thing actually .

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Twenty38

You just summed my thoughts on infinity in one shortish reply . No nightmares though , well not yet .

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Twenty38

You just summed my thoughts on infinity in one shortish reply . No nightmares though , well not yet .

Your mind must not be as fragile as mine.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join