It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Dolphins comunicate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It looks like a human has found out how another sentient intelligent self aware species on this planet, besides us talks to each other. Well who would have thought that?, besides the fact that monkeys think, and can create sentences in sign language. The Dolphin has developed a more novel way of doing things, by sending out a sonar pulse, that resembles the sonar return of the objects who's image it wants to convey to the rest of the pod. So basically they didn't need to invent television, because they already have it. The search for non human intelligence, in space, could be a winner because their are more than one intelligent species on Earth already. Lets hope they don't sing "So long and thanks for the fish" wakeup-world.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I was horrified when I found out that Flipper said "goodbye" before she committed suicide in front of her trainer.

edit on 24-4-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Here! Been interested in the river dolphins of the Amazonian...

My uncle is a retired naval officer, his wife is a biologist..

Links...

dawnontheamazon.com...

dawnontheamazon.com...
He personally let me know.. these guys are sonar on steroids!

Warning... bewbs.. my uncle didn't take the pics... he just provided the sounds and paperwork.. he also worked on the U.S.S. Maine ... and soooo much more..

edit on 24-4-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

I was horrified when I found out that Flipper said "goodbye" before she committed suicide in front of her trainer.

Wait what!?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

seriously what !! ?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Unfortunately yeah, I am not surprised that it was a life changing event for him.

Ric O’Barry: ‘Flipper committed suicide’

He states, “She was really depressed… You have to understand dolphins and whales are not air breathers like we are. Every breath they take is a conscious effort. They can end their life whenever. “She swam into my arms and looked me right in the eye, took a breath and didn’t take another one. I let her go and she sank straight down on her belly to the bottom of the tank. “The next day I was in jail for trying to free the dolphin – that’s how I reacted to it. I was gonna free every captive dolphin I could.”

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Unfortunately yeah, I am not surprised that it was a life changing event for him.

Ric O’Barry: ‘Flipper committloed suicide’

He states, “She was really depressed… You have to understand dolphins and whales are not air breathers like we are. Every breath they take is a conscious effort. They can end their life whenever. “She swam into my arms and looked me right in the eye, took a breath and didn’t take another one. I let her go and she sank straight down on her belly to the bottom of the tank. “The next day I was in jail for trying to free the dolphin – that’s how I reacted to it. I was gonna free every captive dolphin I could.”

Holy crap.. normally I would not buy this crap.. but having been told of stories..
Childhood ruined...

When you say captive... is the navy involved anywhere? (( raising a brow ))

Never mind.. this family reunion is gonna get weired... but I stand my grounds..my uncle and aunt support the sea.. they hate oil sonar pinging !

edit on 25-4-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Ric O’Barry: ‘Flipper committed suicide’

Gosh.. I think I need sleep? Though I'm sure members will bring on the carnage ..o thanks btw..damb! ...

Greencmp!

Ok
Lol.. OK
... send it! I'll keep reading..

Seriously.. yinz are not helping my sleep...

So yes really not cool stuff,!
edit on 25-4-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

The navy were getting involved with Dolphin communications back in the seventies. I believe some of it went top secret .I know that a chap involved had tried to patent a device where you could hear music, Without using your ears, he had worked out some system where it was transferred, through nerves in the spine, and the brain switched it to the auditory centre, and you could hear the music stereophonically in your head. It was in one of the first editions of Omni magazine. But the Navy moved in and placed it on some sort of high security blanket. As it was going to be used in Dolphin communication. To my knowledge it has never been released to the general public.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I recall an interesting device that briefly appeared on the market but seemed to disappear again shortly after presumably due to lack of interest from potential customers. It was called the 'bone phone' or something like that and you wore it around your neck with transducers on your collar bones which allowed you to listen to your walkman/radio/etc privately via sound conducted through your bones. It was waterproof and aimed at joggers etc who weren't fond of wearing headphones during outdoor activity.

Another tech experimented with was having human audible range sound encoded into 2 supersonic sources with very narrow dispersion. Only when standing at the point where those beams intersected were you able to hear the music.

Probably not associated with and dolphin research but who knows. I have a lot of respect for those aquatic mammals and suspect they're smarter and more talented than we give them credit for.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

Bone conduction headphones. They make them, and are for sale to the average consumer

Here's a pair

Runners and cyclists like them because they don't fit into or on top of your ear -- so you can still hear whats also going on around you. These use the same technology that some hearing aids do.

It's not new or top secret technology...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Thought so - they must have been just a little too expensive for the locals here at the time so the sales weren't happening. The ones that had me interested were quite a bit bulkier though but it was the 80s after all. They hung around your neck like a scarf and might have had an FM radio built in.

edit on 25/4/2015 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Surely an article in Omni counts as a 'release to the general public'?

he had worked out some system where it was transferred, through nerves in the spine

You mean electrical impulses were transferred directly into the spinal cord through electrodes?

Doesn't sound like a very useful means of communicating with anybody. Then again, you could pull the other one.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I had that idea at least a decade ago.

In some way it's obvious---how much dolphin cortex is devoted to sonar processing?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

I had that idea at least a decade ago.

What, communicating with dolphins using sonar hieroglyphics?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I read an article several years ago that sad that Dolphins are a species of alien, as in UFO

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
ive had a look at dolphin sounds visually, ive time stretched them 1000 times slower, very strange modem sounds come of it like a needle over a record, autotune on dolphin sounds also quite funny
but when you really slow it down many times it really gets interesting like a modem sound.
and ive seen endless bubbles in bubbles as if theres more messages in messages in deeper dimensions... ive always thought we were the ones that could not understand a species that is way older than us. now if the slow all recordings down maybe they can handcraft better messages for the dolphins then replay them at normal speed. sort of like my idea on telepathy, if we could make a picture in a light signal we might also see it with our minds eye, or sound in sound, if we could make our hearing bones vibrate on the micro brainwaves from a distance we could get messages across without the person really hearing it outside his head perhaps.(like sending a micro message in normal sound that already has done the normal human scale conversion to micro waves before entering the brain) maybe some experiments made people schizophrenic as they can hear voices but not see people, everything has an explanation.
edit on 25-4-2015 by dennisarends because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

About time! S&F

So they communicate using "sound pictures", eh? Hm, interesting, very interesting indeed!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

So they communicate using "sound pictures", eh? Hm, interesting, very interesting indeed!

It makes complete sense if you know how dolphins use sonar to obtain a picture of the world about them and to hunt.

Here's a link about that, if anyone's interested.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Yeah, it should have been obvious indeed.

But a translation dictionary? The holy grail of communication between us and them! Maybe mankind will finally realise how intelligent these dolphins are, and grant them a higher esteem!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join