It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can science explain seeing the future in dreams?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I've actually had dreams where things do end up happening but just in a slightly different scenario. I also have been interpreting dreams and their meaning, and it usually happens down the road. For example, I know that if I dream of tornadoes and any type of water, there is some hurt or problem just around the corner. Everything could be nice and great and then it hits about a week later. Maybe it was me looking into the future, or perhaps knowing that information could just have caused me to begin a problem in a subconscious way that eventually manifests itself. I'd like to think that are destinies are already written down somewhere. I've made some pretty hard choices lately BUT maybe those were already meant to be chosen.

We wont ever really know. All I can say is that continue analyzing your dreams because that is you tapping into a level where we are unable to do so in our waking life.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

I'd rather just stay rational and not jump to conclusions. Thank you very much.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

I firmly believe in documenting dreams that I think could be a premonition.
You are right, these things need to be written down so that people can see it is a real thing.

I have had several over the years I have documented in one place or another on ATS,
here is a couple:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It happens to me every so often.
That is two examples, that were a day apart, having to do with deaths.

So it does happen.

Somewhere I have others, most are on Sled's paranormal experiences thread.
Dreams about people before they show up years after not hearing from them,
that kind of thing.
I ended up having a stalker show up a couple of days after I dreamed about her,
dreams of people breaking into apartments, then to wake up and find it was not apartments, but all of the cars in the parking lots, dreams about someone sabotaging my boss then to have someone loosen the lug nuts on her car.
(I do tell them wheh I dream about these things so they can be aware)
I'll dream about the fire alarms going off a day or two before they go off and the building is evacuated...

I could go on and on...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

What if the very act of writing.g them down negates the dream sequence thus never happening in real life.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Why would that happen? I've never written mine down but just curious how that would happen.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

Because in theory the act of prediction hinges on sequences. ( not saying any of this has a objective reality) so if you alter the sequence in anyway you would change the outcome all together unless you dreamed of writing your dream down of course.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
That makes sense, almost like when you make a wish but they tell you not to say it out loud otherwise it won't come true.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Well that would be a good thing if they are bad dreams.

I have heard that the best prophets are the ones who's stuff is prevented due to their predictions.
In other words, they prevent it through telling it.

I would think that is the idea for a lot of this, when dreaming about an event, if it is a premonition, by telling someone, you could prevent it so it never happens, and thus, is not failed, it prevented from ever happening.

Seeing the future in dreams is a weird thing, because it is hard to tell what is and is not a dream.
That is why it is almost necessary to write it down somewhere, to learn patterns and be able to as best one can, figure out their own symbology on how their head works and is showing them the future.

A person who has many dreams that are premonitional should be able to find some sort of pattern to be able to tell what is and is not a dream. What they do with that knowledge is up to them if they can/want to prevent something.

When I dream about fire alarms, I can't prevent it so I just let the office know that there will be an issue with firemen and fire alarms within a couple of days.

Then I watch and wait.

So far, nothing I have dreamed about is anything I could prevent, or would I have the dream if I were to prevent something in the first place?

It can get kind of mind warpingly twisted if you think about it to much.
edit on 23-4-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
'

Wait a second. Did you just jump to the conclusion that this is a job for rationality?

👣

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

I'm with you on this one. I've had a dream that turned into reality too. The thing that amazed me most was how trivial it was but yet, it was exactly as I had dreamed it months before. Ignore the naysayers, there is more to this than meets the eye.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Yes it's never anything too interesting just a glimpse but sometimes it would be something cool

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros

I know there's many people that has had it happen to them. It doesn't happen as often as it used to when I was younger but there were many instances where I glimpsed into the future. How can someone see something that hasn't happened yet? Does that make free will not real? Or does the universe just knows the choices we are gonna make thanks to causality?

Christophoros, if you can find it (and I can't) watch this documentary about David Mandell:

Thread

The documentary keeps getting taken off the internet but it really is a fascinating one - as for explanations, the book 'An Experiment With Time' by Irish author J. W. Dunne is also well worth a look.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Maybe when people are actually able to predict the future we will take it serious.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It's not about predicting anything I don't do it on purpose I just have a dream then it becomes reality. Am I supposed to announce to everyone every single dream I have? I did start a dream journal recently to record my dreams

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well darn it!
Was going to post about The man who paints the future, but I see someone already did.

*deletes post and video*

edit on 23-4-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

How can you ask science to explain something that there is no data to support?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
Well darn it!
Was going to post about The man who paints the future, but I see someone already did.

*deletes post and video*

Hiya Darkblade, you don't happen to have a video link for the episode do you ( Extraordinary People Season 1 Episode 1) - can't find one absolutely anywhere!

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

No, it was the same 8 minute clip you have on that thread. In fact, I think that is where I first saw it.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
'

Wait a second. Did you just jump to the conclusion that this is a job for rationality?

👣

That's what the OP asked for. The OP asked for the scientific explanation of what he thinks is occurring. That's called being rational last I checked.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

It is hard to tell what is a dream and what is not. I think what sealed it for me was the fact that for many years, I dreamed of being a neighborhood that looked like mine (where I was living at the time) but there were different stores and there was something different about the park. It also had a fountain but I knew that it wasn't the park that I was living by. I had this dream for years and wondered what it meant. Fast forward to a year ago, me and a friend were driving through this other part of town and I saw the same park I saw in my dreams. It was the exact same one. Turns out, we were searching for a place to move to and after what seemed to be a long time searching for a place to live that wasn't too expensive, we ended up finding a place a few blocks away from that park I saw in my dreams.

Now remember, I had NEVER seen this park before in my entire life. I didn't even knew it existed. But somehow my dreams predicted the future in a way.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join