It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush Supports NSA Spying Programs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Sadly, I'm sure most of his supporters know of his NSA support.

Another article sharing this but in combo with Rand Paul's view:

In a Tuesday radio interview, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, who is expected to run for the GOP nomination, praised the Obama administration's use of "big metadata programs" that began under Bush's older brother.

"There has been a continuation of a very important service," Bush said. "The first obligation, I think, of our national government is to keep us safe. And the technologies that now can be applied to make that so, while protecting civil liberties, are there."

In contrast with Rand:

"Our Founding Fathers would be mortified," Paul said during an awards ceremony hosted by the Constitution Project, a Washington think tank.

On Wednesday, the first-term Kentucky senator took an apparent jab at Arizona Sen. John McCain's defense of the surveillance.

"One unapologetic senator who I've had a few rounds with said, 'If you're not talking to terrorists, why are you worried?'" Paul said. "Have we fallen so low that that is our standard? If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear? It's a long way from innocent until proven guilty."

Source

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
We all dislike Bush And the Clintons... here is facts

The funny thing is that...

You better shape up! Before the REAL # is gonna hit the fan!

The dream is over, come on Americans! What is up with America ????

Do something!

Regards your friends of the world!
edit on 23/4/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
We all dislike Bush And the Clintons... here is facts

The funny thing is that...

You better shape up! Before the REAL # is gonna hit the fan!

The dream is over, come on Americans! What is up with America ????

Do something!

Regards your friends of the world!

We're retarded or something. I won't vote for these idiots but...we need someone with some money to start a campaign...don't vote republican or democrat ever again. That's exactly what we need.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Sadly, I'm sure most of his supporters know of his NSA support.

On the other hand, any Obama supporter who was willing to do 10 minutes worth of research could easily see that Obama is just as bad. He's just not as honest about it, as scary as that sounds.

As far as Rand Paul is concerned, just remember this. Rand Paul can say anything. He's not president. What he says doesn't mean anything. It's what someone does that matters. Obama used to pretend to be against this. Until he got himself elected.
edit on 24-4-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I cannot believe that anyone would talk about, consider or in any way take seriously a presidential run by another one of GHW Bush's offspring. Seriously folks are you joking? Why are you even talking about this guy? He should have a rough time scoring a job as a restaurant manager let alone public office.
edit on 4/25/2015 by 0001391 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Jeb Bush Supports NSA Spying Programs

My thoughts? No farking kidding.
edit on 25-4-2015 by JRCrowley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Well is not only Jeb Bush, but every dirty politician in this nation, see Spying on "others" be on regular citizens, other countries or else, is nothing but a trip of power wet dream come true.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

You're so surprised? Americans voted for GW Bush, not only once, but twice.

And such a mess that has left the world in.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

No President would dare roll back the surveillance state program. They might make it appear like it was being reduced with the reality being different. If anything happened (bombings, assassination etc), the blame would be heading that way in no time at all. NSA would let it be known they could have prevented it if they'd had the right access programs.

Wider afield, there's the demon of party politics. Would either side really want the risk of something bad reflecting against their party? If a red or blue POTUS said they wanted to dismantle the snooping, the Party gods would have to tell them no.

I think the surveillance state is now the status quo - it's established and here for ever.

(boo hiss!!)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join