It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemen war ended with saudi defeat ! operation "saving face" started

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Yemen war was ended after 27 days when daily bombing of innocent civilians did not make any good . www.bbc.com...

It clearly shows how military-expenditure and oil-money cannot win a war . especially when you're attacking some innocents .

here is a recap of what went on and who houthis are : houthis are zaydi muslims , a very special sect who are wrongfully called shia .

After the toppling of the ex.president saleh in Arab spring , mr. hadi came into power for a period of 2 years after a suspicious election in which he claimed more than 90% of the votes (i don't remember the exact number) . the 2 year period ended last year but he still clawed on to the power setting off an alarm for people .

houthis are not a bunch of insurgents , houthis are 47-50% of yemen's population . they are supported by various groups like a lot of sunnis for ex. the national army of yemen . yeah you heard me right !! sunni army of yemen joined forces with the houthis in toppling a new dictator called hadi .

So this "revolution" actually had public support .

now saudis who feared that the new establishment would not be a good puppet for them as the dictators before were , attacked yemen on false allegations without approval by UNSC .

During the bombings , not a single Al-qaeda base was attacked . al-qaeda regrouped and attacked houthis from the eastern yemen .

houthis who were fighting al-qaeda to gain back the control , suffered some minor set backs but eventually gained more lands from terrorist hands .

The bombings failed in all of their goals and the operation "decisive storm" which was not even a decisive breeze ended in utter failure .

presstv.ir...

3000 innocent civilians were killed during the bombings

the same thing is going on in other places : In Iraq and Syria , saudi regime is supporting ISIS :

www.washingtoninstitute.org...

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Hi haman, sorry to break it to you...

But here is how ATS feels about Saudi-Yemen conflict...

Innocent dead children do not move the Zionist Saudi lovers at all...

I abandoned such threads when I started this one below;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Couldn't believe what I was reading.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Well , misinformation was at work in that thread . supporting saudia in yemen war is just outrageous !

the same saudi regime who supports Al-qaeda and ISIS in Iraq and Syria is now bombing the enemies of al-qaeda in yemen .

so al-qaeda is bad in afghanistan but good in yemen ?

edit on 22-4-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

How were the Saudi's defeated?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

How were the Saudi's defeated?

The goals of this operation was to : 1-disarm houthis 2- push them back from major cities 3- put mr.hadi back on the throne

all 3 failed miserably

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

So who is going to lead the country since the war is over, I must have missed that the Houthi took over Yemen.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
There will be a false flag to get US mercenaries involved soon, It has to be as big as WMD or Anthrax or another plane down to get US involved though.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

So who is going to lead the country since the war is over, I must have missed that the Houthi took over Yemen.
The people !

soon enough , elections will take place .

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: VimanaExplorer
There will be a false flag to get US mercenaries involved soon, It has to be as big as WMD or Anthrax or another plane down to get US involved though.

As far as I know a cease fire has already been issued, the war is over, and I believe Saudis said Hadi will still be in power.

Saudi-led coalition says military goals were achieved in air campaign and operation to protect civilians has begun.

A few hours after the coalition announcement, senior Houthi leaders said a political deal to end the conflict had almost been reached, the Reuters news agency reported.

"The coalition has completed the 'Decisive Storm' campaign at the request of the Yemeni government and the president of Yemen," Asiri said.

"The primary goals of the campaign have been achieved and sovereignty has been protected.

"We are able to confirm that the Houthis are no longer a threat to Yemenis or neighbouring countries.
"The Yemeni government will now undertake all necessary actions to start rebuilding the country."

Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Defence had earlier said that all heavy weapons and ballistic missiles belonging to the Houthis had been destroyed, that they had imposed restrictions over Yemen's airspace, and that any possible threats on the kingdom and neighbouring countries had been removed.

www.aljazeera.com...

Just trying to figure out where the OP is supported. Especially since they did not provide a single source.
edit on 22-4-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Well , misinformation was at work in that thread . supporting saudia in yemen war is just outrageous !

the same saudi regime who supports Al-qaeda and ISIS in Iraq and Syria is now bombing the enemies of al-qaeda in yemen .

so al-qaeda is bad in afghanistan but good in yemen ?

I actually agree don't like Saudi Arabia they do indeed harbour terrorists. But in this case a power vacuum is really bad. And al-qaeda is the reason the US is backing Yemens government Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula aka AQAP has made attempts to bomb flights to the US. They figure Yemen can stop this. Me not so much I think they will get stronger but that aside for a minute. Obama foreign policy is a joke he's allowed Saudi Arabia who claims they fight al queda and don support them trying not to laugh here, that if Houthis win they will institute a religous government in line with Iran. In nit convinced they are right here. Houthi claim they wouldn't but we'll we hears that before. Religous governments are inherently unstable and unpredictable. So this is a major fear for the Obama s state dept.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

As far as I know a cease fire has already been issued, the war is over, and I believe Saudis said Hadi will still be in power.

Saudi-led coalition says military goals were achieved in air campaign and operation to protect civilians has begun.

A few hours after the coalition announcement, senior Houthi leaders said a political deal to end the conflict had almost been reached, the Reuters news agency reported.

"The coalition has completed the 'Decisive Storm' campaign at the request of the Yemeni government and the president of Yemen," Asiri said.

"The primary goals of the campaign have been achieved and sovereignty has been protected.

"We are able to confirm that the Houthis are no longer a threat to Yemenis or neighbouring countries.
"The Yemeni government will now undertake all necessary actions to start rebuilding the country."

Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Defence had earlier said that all heavy weapons and ballistic missiles belonging to the Houthis had been destroyed, that they had imposed restrictions over Yemen's airspace, and that any possible threats on the kingdom and neighbouring countries had been removed.

www.aljazeera.com...

Just trying to figure out where the OP is supported. Especially since they did not provide a single source.

They weren't defeated in fact air campaign went so well they think they can retake the territory back. I'm guessing the op had some vested intrest in a loss by Saudi Arabia may be Shia or realy hate saudis.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Al Jazeera claims all heavy weapons were destroyed. Not sure how that is losing. I don't like either side and want them both to lose, unfortunately I don't see that happening.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Be prepared for aggressive Neocons and Zionists to try and tear you apart

You are completely right, bombs and bullets can't kill an idea

Idea for change, for freedom

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Anyone other than Saudi or US puppets

ANYONE you don't like is a winner in my book
edit on 22-4-2015 by MensaIT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The Saudis are desperate to keep the throne. Saudi Arabia will be history within the next three years. That itself will likely trigger an invasion of the entire region to save the petrodollar. Iran won't survive this either, nor will Assad.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MensaIT3

Anyone other than Saudi or US puppets

ANYONE you don't like is a winner in books

I don't like Saudis, or Hadi. So you want them to rule Yemen? Really weird, you don't seem to make much sense.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

www.aljazeera.com...

They weren't defeated in fact air campaign went so well they think they can retake the territory back. I'm guessing the op had some vested intrest in a loss by Saudi Arabia may be Shia or realy hate saudis.
Vested interest ? why should i possibly have any vested interest in a country like yemen ?

I really don't hate anyone . this has nothing to do with shia-sunni conflict as much as you love it to be . The national Army of yemen which is a sunni installation is working with houthis hand in hand . you don't get it do you ? saudis started the war campaign cause they lost a puppet in yemen .

About the issue of Al-qaeda its actually really easy to understand :

1- Al-qaeda is fighting houthis and houthis have succeeded in pushing them back

2- Saudi arabia bombs houthis whereas no airstrike has taken place against the same Al-qaeda who planned bombings in US as you claim

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MensaIT3

Be prepared for aggressive Neocons and Zionists to try and tear you apart

You are completely right, bombs and bullets can't kill an idea

Idea for change, for freedom

What freedom are you talking about? People throughout the ME are getting bombed by ideas to bring humanity 1000 years back in time.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

If one thing this war is showing that is good is that it shines a bright light on the actors and who they stand with .It boggles the mind to have seen Israel being one of the member states in this war .A war that was a civil one and not threatening anyone but the bad guys .Now it seems the bad guys have a large military complex backing them including the USA . Maybe it was started so that it would spill over and light the whole ME up .dont know :>(

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye
What freedom are you talking about? People throughout the ME are getting bombed by ideas to bring humanity 1000 years back in time.

This is ATS, not yahoo

People here are aware of US and Saudi proxy war to keep their puppet government in Yemen

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join