It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Atheists Attack mainly Christians and Muslims but not Jews?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadow Herder

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Shadow Herder

Whenever I discuss the OT, I'm also discussing Jewish beliefs. I just lump Jewish beliefs into Christian OT beliefs. I know that the OT doesn't do the Torah justice, but they are the same stories. Same massacres, same accounts of god being an asshole. So that's why I don't distinguish.

That being said, Jews tend to keep their intolerance to themselves. So backlash against them is going to be minimized.

But its is because of their religion they were "given" Palestinian homes and land. Not really a tolerant thing to do.

Are we talking about Israel here or the Jewish faith? Because I don't like to discuss intolerance towards a group of people. I'll lambaste your beliefs all day though.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: ketsuko
The wider forum takes care of that. It's anti-Semitic and anti-Israel in general.

I dont see much anti-semitism but I do find that people critical of Israel

did you not get the memo? They are apprentlty the same thing!

Either you 10000% love Israel and think Netanyahu farts smell of roses or your a goosestepping NAZI loving Hitler hugger.

you do know that in Israel's election, hundreds of thousands of loyal Israelis voted against Netanyahu.....here are the percentages....www.timesofisrael.com... according to you, there must be alot of loyal Israelis that are "goose-stepping, Nazi-loving, hitler-huggers".

Its called a joke......

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

I think he is referring to the constant proselytizing that they do. Of course you can refuse to listen and ignore them, but when it is in your face all the time, it certainly DOES get annoying. And it isn't a huge stretch of the imagination that it will attract the most backlash.

Its only in your face when you let it be.

I get that. My point was that they are always there regardless if you are listening to them or not.

Maybe its different in the UK but they do go when asked and are normally pretty polite.

Then they come back next week and the week after and the week after. Sure you tell them to go, but that doesn't mean they aren't coming back.

Just practicing there free speech even if we may or may not agree with it.

Long as no violence is involved im happy.

The point is that the loudest will attract the most attention, and with attention comes naysayers.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Jews seems to be the opposite recruitment wise to the two big ones, plus some fairly unfavorable history possibly keeps new potential recruits away.

Thats my guess.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

it's really simple, Jewish people accept others based on their character and their actions, not on their religious beliefs.

Just like many Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, and atheists or are you insinuating that all Christians and Muslims dont accept other people because of their religious beliefs?

hmmm...you should have said...just like "ALL"...but, you chose "just like MANY"...but when you refer to what I said, you said "are you insinuating that ALL" instead of "are you insinuating MANY"....that makes your statement nonsensical...besides that, I think you know exactly what the context of my statement meant.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
Jews seems to be the opposite recruitment wise to the two big ones, plus some fairly unfavorable history possibly keeps new potential recruits away.

Thats my guess.

And that is why atheists attack Christianity because of recruitment? Is that the what causes one to promote atheism?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

A: To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire

Bloodlines that rule the world

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

A: To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire

Bloodlines that rule the world

You get it I see.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The wider forum takes care of that. It's anti-Semitic and anti-Israel in general.

I dont see much anti-semitism but I do find that people critical of Israel

did you not get the memo? They are apprentlty the same thing!

Either you 10000% love Israel and think Netanyahu farts smell of roses or your a goosestepping NAZI loving Hitler hugger.

you do know that in Israel's election, hundreds of thousands of loyal Israelis voted against Netanyahu.....here are the percentages....www.timesofisrael.com... according to you, there must be alot of loyal Israelis that are "goose-stepping, Nazi-loving, hitler-huggers".

Its called a joke......

oh...ok...my humor detector is not sharp today, Crazyewok....maybe I've had too much morning coffee.....besides, my mother-in-law (who has been living with us going on 4 years now)....is a real...well, you know...this morning.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Did you know that the Jewish religion does not believe that Jesus was the Messiah?

Obvious disconnect there. Seemingly well known but ignored, for the same reasons that beliefs in the Holy Land and Gods Chosen People can't be ignored. Every Christian church teaches these cornerstones. Growing up in the church is indoctrination into worship of the Jews.

By design.
edit on 21-4-2015 by intrptr because: spelling, change

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'll be the devils advocate here then. Have you been living in a box for the last couple of years? Those people in Syria and Iraq have been running a program (or is that pogrom) "convert to our form of Islam or die". They have killed a few hundreds for not converting. From what I've discovered they are doing the same in Indonesia but that's secret and your not supposed to know or question it.
Don't ask me to prove it just do a childish search on the net and get all the information you need.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I.S is an army fully supported by Israel !
its an old iraeli strategy to let other party's forfill there deepest whishes..
remember Sabra and Shatila massacra ...... fully supported by the Israëli Defence Forces

en.wikipedia.org...

becourse Israel is the main secret party of IS no western nation will serious attack IS
edit on 21-4-2015 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Did you know that the Jewish religion does not believe that Jesus was the Messiah?

Obvious disconnect there. Seemingly well known but ignored, for the same reasons that beliefs in the Holy Land and Gods Chosen people can't be ignored. Every Christina church teaches these tenants. Growing up in the church is indoctrination into worship of the Jews.

By design.

You must have missed out on the part where most of those same churches entered into persecuting those same Jews for murdering Jesus and rejecting Him ...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
For me its the Political Christian Lobby.

Jews did not form NOM (National Organization of Marriage) - - specifically to stop gay marriage.

It is not the Jews going to Russia, Africa, and the ME to preach against gay rights.

And show me where a Jew or Muslim started an anti-atheist thread on ATS.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Whenever I discuss the OT, I'm also discussing Jewish beliefs. I just lump Jewish beliefs into Christian OT beliefs. I know that the OT doesn't do the Torah justice, but they are the same stories. Same massacres, same accounts of god being an asshole. So that's why I don't distinguish.

That being said, Jews tend to keep their intolerance to themselves. So backlash against them is going to be minimized.

That's an interesting response. There isn't a 'Christian' OT, there is a Christian New Testament, but the Bible binds the two together.

Do all atheists keep their intolerance to themselves? No, not at all, which I always find strange.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You must have missed out on the part where most of those same churches entered into persecuting those same Jews for murdering Jesus and rejecting Him …

You mean "The Temple" in those days?

They rebuked Jesus, handed him over to the state and insisted he be executed.

How the angels may have felt about that is evident from the tearing of the temple curtain when he died. I don't have any other than bible story to prove historical events, just the story itself.

As far as persecuting Jews they were occupied by the Romans… brutally.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You missed out on the whole rest of European and Russian history? Spanish Inquisition? Ghettos? Pogroms?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
For me its the Political Christian Lobby.

Jews did not form NOM (National Organization of Marriage) - - specifically to stop gay marriage.

It is not the Jews going to Russia, Africa, and the ME to preach against gay rights.

And show me where a Jew or Muslim started an anti-atheist thread on ATS.

Same for me.

Neither the Jews, Muslims, Hindu or Buddhist have done anything to affect me negatively. They do their thing, I do mine, and we live on the same planet harmoniously. Everyone is happy.

In contrast, in the US, many of the christian religions lobby to restrict my reproductive rights. The christians control the legislatures and congress, and use their power to deny equality and freedom to all Americans. The christian religions were the ones who fought against abolishing slavery and women's suffrage, they fought to keep minorities in the back of the bus, and they actively fight to deny gays equality while complaining about being targeted by others. I'm tired of the hypocrisy, and of being told that some people are less equal in our modern American society.

Christians being targeted is a self fulfilling prophecy. The more people they offend, the more hate they spew, the wave of disgruntled people grows and the tide continues to shift against them.

If they'd simply respect the rights and opinions of others, we'd all get along a lot better.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Just like all the others atheism contains extremists....

Most of us DO shun judaism on the same level as the others, maybe even more so. Personally I find judaism to be even more outrageous, but that is mostly because of jews often tend to be f'ing nepotistic as opposed to christians...

Try reading some of the jews facebook pages and you'll find that the lengths of their efforts to stay amongst themselves is every bit as disgusting for a modern society as extremist islam or christianity is.

However.... letting people do what ever they want, some of us, can settle for attcking zionists. In the end those are the real dangerous religious people out there.
They are hard to pick out, however, the depth of their psychosis becomes evident as soon as you start bashing Israel and they pull the anti-semitism card.

I seriously doubt that most jews have issues of anti-semitism, but they are always being reminded of the risk of being exposed to it by their extremist counterparts.
The problem arises when people who get more than a little tired of all the martyrdom that zionists brand themselves and all other jews with and begin to identify common jews as zionists as well....

Sure, people can wallow around in their fictious books, but only as long as it does not impose bad things on others in an effort to fall their knees for these obscene fairytales that the Torah, the Bible and the Quran are.

Treating people good and doing the right thing is not something that you need a religion to help you with. It is something that is inherit in human beings from the moment we are born.

As long as religions cannot manage to live side by side without recentment then they should be banned for the safe keeping of all humans.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ArdentAngel

Ummm, do you think that the abolitionists were atheists or something?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join