It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Atheists Attack mainly Christians and Muslims but not Jews?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
As many of you know as you come to sites like this or any forum that discusses christianity and atheism, the topics usually discussed are usually about the credibility of whether or not Jesus existed or how extreme Islam is but no one touches Judaism? I am just curious why.

The one thing that I have noticed is that I have yet to see atheist threads debunking Judaism and the credibility of their beliefs. Its widely accepted that the jewish people mainly from poland were given Palestinian homes and land while displacing Palestinians that have lived because the land called Israel used to be called Palestine in the name of religion. I dont know which passage in the bible states that Palestine belongs to a certain people.

I am Jewish by bloodline, my family name was changed in the 15th century to avoid prosecution. My ancestors were given refuge in another country as long as they would become catholics and change their Jewish name. So as I am a non practicing bloodline jew, I am curious.

I am for all religions and atheists, you have the right to believe what you want as long as it doesn't harm, hurt, displace, exclude, segregate, or cause hate. I don't condone Atheists trying to convert anyone the same as I don't condone religious persons trying to convert atheists.

We are intelligent enough to seek the knowledge ourselves rather than having someone cram it down our throats.

I understand why atheists complain about religion because many laws and public places commonly have a christian theme and if you're muslim or other I can see how you can feel excluded or offended, after all who is to say the Christianity is the only religion or at least the MAIN one.

Many prophets have walked the earth from every race. The main thing that should be accepted is that most if not all religions at its core without the human literal misinterpretations, do teach ancient wisdom of how to live a peaceful life with your fellow brothers and sisters. This is one thing that is beautiful of most religions.

But back to thread question.... If people were to question christianity and Islam which is quite the hot topic right now in the world, why not question all religions. Is discussing Judaism an anti semitic act? Did you know that the Jewish religion does not believe that Jesus was the Messiah?

This world is a messed up place for a rational mind. You rational people know the confusion insanity all of this is, will it ever end? Yes, shortly as planned.

Will people ever accept a one world religion which is on the horizon after a great war?

Do atheists want an end to all religions of just a selected few?

Why arent there many discussions on Judaism?

Why is Atheism vs Christianity vs Islam the usual conflict and not against say Judaism?

Why when people oppose what Israel does it can be considered anti semitic or people will shout " here we go again, blame the jews for everything thread" when the topic is about government actions and not religious. I never understood this stance.

In this world where we should be allowed to question everything. but we are censored on mainstream news and websites. These areas are pushing a certain thought that goes against the intelligent mind yet it is like the world has a drunk behind the wheel laughing us all off a cliff and we are not allowed to mention it, we are forced to shut up and not tell anyone to buckle up or get out.

Why is this world full of such bad people with such poor intentions that they know will lead to blood and misery, they stop people from spreading information that may stop this world going down the path its on?
edit on 21-4-2015 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The wider forum takes care of that. It's anti-Semitic and anti-Israel in general.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Because jews are .2% of the world population.

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Shadow Herder

Jews aren't that assertive about converting operatives. That's why Athiests don't react assertively to them.

It has nothing to do with a moral judgement or a judgement of relative merit.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Jews aren't that assertive about converting operatives. That's why Athiests don't react assertively to them.

It has nothing to do with a moral judgement or a judgement of relative merit.

Converting operatives? Care to elaborate a little I am not sure what you meant? Christian operatives?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The wider forum takes care of that. It's anti-Semitic and anti-Israel in general.

I dont see much anti-semitism but I do find that people critical of Israel ( which we are allowed to do folks, its another country like any other) some people take the stance that the people are attacking the Jewish religion. I never got that stance like I said. Its like calling people who opposed the false war in Iraq " antichrists " because it was lead by a predominantly Christian nation the U.S, silly insinuation..

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

There is a difference between criticizing a country's foreign policy and doing so because you question their right to exist. Plenty of people simply do the one because they question the former, and if you pay attention to the posting, you will see it.

IMO, the people who live there had little say in how their country was formed. That was by mandate of other nations. If we are to criticize how Israel was formed, then we should be criticizing those nations, not the Israelis.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadow Herder

I dont see much anti-semitism but I do find that people critical of Israel

did you not get the memo? They are apprentlty the same thing!

Either you 10000% love Israel and think Netanyahu farts smell of roses or your a goosestepping NAZI loving Hitler hugger.
edit on 21-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
it's really simple, Jewish people accept others based on their character and their actions, not on their religious beliefs.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What do you suppose they're doing when they talk about "the Sky Fairy"? That would seem to cover just about everyone, Jews included.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

'converting operatives' ie mormons or jehovas witness. people who arent happy with just having god, but need everyone else to know about it too. basically the loudest person will attract the most staunch critic.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Whenever I discuss the OT, I'm also discussing Jewish beliefs. I just lump Jewish beliefs into Christian OT beliefs. I know that the OT doesn't do the Torah justice, but they are the same stories. Same massacres, same accounts of god being an asshole. So that's why I don't distinguish.

That being said, Jews tend to keep their intolerance to themselves. So backlash against them is going to be minimized.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

'converting operatives' ie mormons or jehovas witness. people who arent happy with just having god, but need everyone else to know about it too. basically the loudest person will attract the most staunch critic.

Last I checked mormons or Jehovah don't force you to convert and certainly not by use of force or violence. You simple have to do TWO things, say no, close the door.

If you are converted between those 2 milliseconds you obviousness are a very very weak mind

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
it's really simple, Jewish people accept others based on their character and their actions, not on their religious beliefs.

Just like many Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, and atheists or are you insinuating that all Christians and Muslims dont accept other people because of their religious beliefs?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I think he is referring to the constant proselytizing that they do. Of course you can refuse to listen and ignore them, but when it is in your face all the time, it certainly DOES get annoying. And it isn't a huge stretch of the imagination that it will attract the most backlash.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Last I checked mormons or Jehovah don't force you to convert and certainly not by use of force or violence. You simple have to do TWO things, say no, close the door.

If you are converted between those 2 milliseconds you obviousness ave a very very weak mind

Who is converting by force or violence? I dont know anyone who has been threatened to conver to any religion. Need to be a little more elaborate.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

i was explaining the term that someone else used. i never said they were any good at it.

edit on 21-4-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I think he is referring to the constant proselytizing that they do. Of course you can refuse to listen and ignore them, but when it is in your face all the time, it certainly DOES get annoying. And it isn't a huge stretch of the imagination that it will attract the most backlash.

Its only in your face when you let it be.

Maybe its different in the UK but they do go when asked and are normally pretty polite.

Just practicing there free speech even if we may or may not agree with it.

Long as no violence is involved im happy.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Whenever I discuss the OT, I'm also discussing Jewish beliefs. I just lump Jewish beliefs into Christian OT beliefs. I know that the OT doesn't do the Torah justice, but they are the same stories. Same massacres, same accounts of god being an asshole. So that's why I don't distinguish.

That being said, Jews tend to keep their intolerance to themselves. So backlash against them is going to be minimized.

But its is because of their religion they were "given" Palestinian homes and land. Not really a tolerant thing to do.

Say in that they find some ancient script that says that the new world belongs to the Islamic people. Will you move out of your family home and town to welcome the exiles?

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Shadow Herder

I dont see much anti-semitism but I do find that people critical of Israel

did you not get the memo? They are apprentlty the same thing!

Either you 10000% love Israel and think Netanyahu farts smell of roses or your a goosestepping NAZI loving Hitler hugger.

you do know that in Israel's election, hundreds of thousands of loyal Israelis voted against Netanyahu.....here are the percentages....www.timesofisrael.com... according to you, there must be alot of loyal Israelis that are "goose-stepping, Nazi-loving, hitler-huggers".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join