It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's - Why do we assume Aliens when Human Origin is more plausible?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: Harte

Pretty fishy if you ask me.

There really isn't one thing that looks like a fish there.

Link to several of Glaser's works:link

He was published in what were called "broadsheets." Those were the equivalent of today's National Enquirer.

I encourage people to understand the genre of the 15th century woodcut, or “broadsheet”, which was the early predecessor of today’s newspaper, actually it is more accurate to say they were the predecessors to today’s Enquirer because they contained the news of the weird or violent, and they had no problem stretching the truth to sell a few copies, and nearly a quarter of them are astronomical phenomenon like auroras which are interpreted as signs from God, which I’m sure made them sell more copies.

SNIP

Very often these wood cuts, some of which are obviously depicting sundogs, are interpreted as messages from God (often because of the “crosses” in the middle of the sun) God is said to be telling them to do all kinds of things, in fact the Nuremburg woodcut which we are talking about today was interpreted as meaning that they should go to war with the Turks.
- See more at: ancientaliensdebunked.com...

Glaser made a living going around making woodcuts - after the fact - to accompany stories of interpretations of what had appeared in the sky. You can see many other ones at the first link above. I'm not going to put them in this post because of the hassle you have to go through at ATS to do that.

Probably a fish in one of them.

Harte

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I agree
Even Christopher Columbus and his men had a sighting
en.wikipedia.org...

<< 4  5  6   >>

join