It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil deGrasse Tyson Debunks Alien Rectal Probing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

The beloved astrophysicist takes on common conspiracy theories. Neil deGrasse Tyson gets a lot of love these days. It’s amazing where some charm and charisma will take you as an astrophysicist (namely, to frequent TV appearances and a couple of hosting gigs). He popped up on The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore last night to talk conspiracy theories, offering up his brand of calm rationalism as a counterweight to the conspiracy buffs on the other side. He debunks the notions of a fake moon landing and abductions by aliens with probing fetishes, but not the idea that there are aliens somewhere.
www.thedailybeast.com...

Listen to Mr. Mainstream know it all.

Smug and so certain of his “science”

I hope when the aliens finally show up one of the first things they do is grab this guy and give him a good anal probe

“It would be inexcusably egocentric to suggest that we are alone in the cosmos,” he says, “But that is a separate statement from saying that we have been visited by aliens giving rectal exams.”

Isn't that great of him to confess the hypothetical alien reality being that there are more galaxies in the universe than all these smart boys from science can count.

He just doesn’t like the rectal part of the story

I wonder why that bothers him so much?

As for this "rectal probing fetish" as he puts it... I say it may be that the aliens are probing the root Chakra possibly to determine

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WRONG WITH HUMANKIND

Why so much fear

The root chakra is the seat of fear and it certainly is activated with some bug eyed grey alien is going in your anus with an iron rod on a space ship in the middle of God know where!

So my theory is the aliens are studying fear when they do this

edit on 17-4-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Did anyone ever actually believe in alien rectal probing?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Tyson is a superstar and I love the way he puts things. I wish more scientists were superstars, but it was either him or Michio Kaku that said most scientists have a hard time communicating so that most people get it.

As far as the root chakra thing.....

edit on 17-4-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

"Believe" as in "I believe in our nation" or "believe" as in "I believe in dragons"?

Two totally different questions.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Ole Neil is simply feeling guilt for not getting a colonoscopy at age 50, like he was supposed to. (He's now 56) Maybe a part of him is hoping and waiting for a non-earthly being to perform this procedure?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Maybe he upset they havent probed him ....

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Ole Neil is simply feeling guilt for not getting a colonoscopy at age 50, like he was supposed to. (He's now 56) Maybe a part of him is hoping and waiting for a non-earthly being to perform this procedure?

You seem to know an awful lot about "Neil" nether regions. Are you his proctologist?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

So, how many rectums of alleged abductees (whom claim to have been anally probed) has he examined? Because thats science, not talking on an effing tv show making claims that throw everything together in order to dismiss all accounts. Thats one of the major logical fallacies btw, one which politicians often exploit. And the anal probe thing is more locker room humor than actual accounts. So, its really rather egregious what he is doing there, and he knows it. Hes doing his job to discredit actual accounts under the false guise of science. Neo-intellectualism for the masses.
edit on 17-4-2015 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

You seem to know an awful lot about "Neil" nether regions. Are you his proctologist?

NO... as often happens. (And why I love this forum!) ATS makes me aware of a name or subject I'm not familiar with, but piques my interest. Never heard of Neil Degasse before seeing this thread. So, like always, I zipped over to Google Search. Lots of info all over the net about this gentleman. Most of it, very impressive.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
He didn't debunk anything, he just said that he believes there is other life out there.

Which he then clarified that it was a separate statement then saying they have visited.

I was disappointed in the topics they chose.
edit on thFri, 17 Apr 2015 23:19:43 -0500America/Chicago420154380 by Sremmos80 because: phone got me!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

You just wanted an excuse to use the term "Alien Rectal Probing" in a thread title.

Come on... admit it.

You know you wanna.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
He's a media talking head and has no more credibility on the subject of alien abduction than Justin Beiber talking about deep ocean biology.

All he can do is the same as the rest of us: apply his knowledge of how the world works to practically unsolvable mysteries.

Like some others though, I object to his theoretical knowledge being placed on a pedestal above many first hand witness accounts...and if some people have actually suffered an unspeakable trauma, eg undergoing medical experiments at the hands of an alien intelligence, then Tyson may as well be a sixteenth century physician mocking a person suffering from schizophrenia because "they had congress with the devil" or somesuch.

Nothing to be done about it for now though. We can only pray for a mainstream scientific view on the ET abduction phenomenon that accounts for the myriad varieties of eyewitness accounts that have been reported throughout history and hope that tomorrow is a more enlightened world.
edit on 17-4-2015 by Unresponsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Tyson might not even have chakras

Hes probably got a big mouth chakra

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Couldn't resist it

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
If I ever start a band, I want to name it, Alien Rectal Probe".

Neil is a dweeble head.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

yea but Paul goes old school.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
***** ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS *****

Please remain on topic and consider the T&C's while posting. Deviation from the topic at hand can and will result in post removals, possible posting bans, and possible thread closure.

We are all adults here and can discuss this as such.

Thank You

***** Do Not Reply To This Post *****

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Whitley Strieber, an accomplished fantasy writer, is the direct source of the alien anal probe phenomenon. It has first written about in his book, "Communion".

Other alien abducties over the years have reported probing but not of the anal type.
edit on 17-4-2015 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Though, Whitley Strieber, surely doesn't believe it to be fantasy. Wonder if, or what he'll say in reply to this. Same with others claiming it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join