It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Signs That Most Americans Are Flat Broke And Totally Unprepared For The Coming Economic Crisis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: Cuervo

and steal it all..

If anarchy broke out i'd just get 5 mates, all armed to go
hijack someone's home who'd bee hording and preparing.

Yep, that is exactly what will go down.
Or you could barter your security services
to protect their stash/horde.

One thing is for sure... it will get ugly and
the ruthless ones will rise to the top of the
proverbial funeral pile.

edit on 16-4-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Land in the family.

It's all we have. If worse comes to worse, that's where we go and we'll have to learn how to get along with whoever else in the family has to survive the same way.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
well then ....let's make sure that a republican is elected president. that way they will have control of POTUS, the entire congress, the supreme court, and 31 governors. that way we can all be sure that the top 1% will get plenty of tax cuts, social services will be in a slash and burn mode, and corporations will be getting tax breaks of their own, with a lot less regulations to protect those underlings that want clean water, safe foods, clear air, and safety regulations for the peons that are the workers....

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
well then ....let's make sure that a republican is elected president. that way they will have control of POTUS, the entire congress, the supreme court, and 31 governors. that way we can all be sure that the top 1% will get plenty of tax cuts, social services will be in a slash and burn mode, and corporations will be getting tax breaks of their own, with a lot less regulations to protect those underlings that want clean water, safe foods, clear air, and safety regulations for the peons that are the workers....

You can't be one of those people that still believes that one party is better than the other when both party have been at the helm and both have had full control and yet the same issues that exist today existed for at least numerous decades.

If you do , then you are the reason this country is getting worse.

Regardless which party has been in control the top 1% has been in steady increase. Plus name the last republican congress or president that significantly cut taxes or got rid of gov't programs.

The talk between the two party system may differ but their actions are the same and the top 5% are the winners. This won't change till we stop the DNC and the RNC from picking the candidates,controlling the debates, and MSM and unlimited campaign super pacs and half billion dollar campaign runs .

Even under the precious Obama the trend continued for the top 5%

edit on 59430America/ChicagoThu, 16 Apr 2015 19:59:10 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Take off your blinders dude and quit looking like that horse tromping away on the side of the road taking the Amish family to town!

If you think the Dems are any different than the party you blame for everything? Your just as blind and obedient as that Amish horse!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

You can't be one of those people that still believes that one party is better than the other when both party have been at the helm and both have had full control and yet the same issues that exist today existed for at least numerous decades.

If you do , then you are the reason this country is getting worse.

right...because i'm too stupid to research and see what laws have been passed by which parties when they have had total control...by the way, for all you vets, three republicans running for POTUS have already floated the idea of privatizing veterans benefits....good luck with those vouchers

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

right...because i'm too stupid to research and see what laws have

No one is calling you stupid.

I have seen smart people in other areas ,that still believe in political fairy tales where politicians are known for their strong morals and their strong believe in party ideals over money .

The fight is not the Democrats vs the Republicans.
Its the

[Lobbyist + DNC+ RNC+ MSM + Oligopolies + Congress ] vs [ the consumers and the individual democrats and individual republicans]

edit on 08430America/ChicagoThu, 16 Apr 2015 20:08:29 -0500up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Take off your blinders dude and quit looking like that horse tromping away on the side of the road taking the Amish family to town!

If you think the Dems are any different than the party you blame for everything? Your just as blind and obedient as that Amish horse!

ok pal...tell me all the legislation that the republicans have enacted into law all on their own, that has helped the middle class and poor? I'm 62, white, and I have been in the middle class all my life, and starting with Reagan raising my taxes (you might have to do some research to find out about that, but I know you won't, because that takes critical thinking skills) the republicans in the federal government have continued to "f" us....dude

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

If you think the Dems are any different than the party you blame for everything? Your just as blind and obedient as that

Amish horse!

ok pal...tell me all the legislation that the republicans have enacted into law all on their own, that has helped the middle class and poor? I'm 62, white, and I have been in the middle class all my life, and starting with Reagan raising my taxes (you might have to do some research to find out about that, but I know you won't, because that takes critical thinking skills) the republicans in the federal government have continued to "f" us....dude

How about you tell me how the Democrats have lifted the poor out of poverty first!

Dude? You have the freedom to look foolish by buying into the 2 party farce, but I don't buy into what your trying to sell!

So enjoy your life in the matrix!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

and steal it all..

If anarchy broke out i'd just get 5 mates, all armed to go and hijack someone's home who'd bee hording and preparing.

Lmao .. wouldnt even make it near my place .. and over there in states be careful who you try that on .. if its a vietnam vet the lot of you would end up feeding the crows while he sits back with a beer laughing at you .. theres a few still left with places set up like firebases ....

edit on 16/4/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You got that right Seeker. You can't depend on anything or anyone but yourself, and even that's iffy, lol. I've tried to work out solutions for many scenarios but in the end, you can only prepare for so much. I live on some small acreage and hope if TSHTF, I can take in boarders in exchange for labor because it's difficult to keep up. I plan on having my own little commune in a best case scenario. I have all my own modern equipment plus a lot of old time manual equipment.

Reply to Schuyler:

I've been hearing from reliable sources that many people are at or below the poverty level. And there ARE record number of people on public assistance. Regardless, it's not like it hasn't happened in the US before. The 1930's were hell. Soup lines, Bank failures, the dust bowl, no work. Ten years of pure poverty. Don't think it can't happen again. With water wars in the near future, possible crop failures, animal die offs/mass kills, poverty; things could get pretty nasty. Maybe it won't be as bad the 1930's but with a population of 122,775,046 back then vs. the 2013 population of 316.5 million I'm sure not looking forward to it if it does happen.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

and steal it all..

If anarchy broke out i'd just get 5 mates, all armed to go and hijack someone's home who'd bee hording and preparing.

Lmao .. wouldnt even make it near my place .. and over there in states be careful who you try that on .. if its a vietnam vet the lot of you would end up feeding the crows while he sits back with a beer laughing at you .. theres a few still left with places set up like firebases ....

Your spot on my friend!

That's why the Vet's are being targeted by Homeland Security and the VA! One little slip up and they loose their ability to own weapons "legally"!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: jimmyx

right...because i'm too stupid to research and see what laws have

No one is calling you stupid.

I have seen smart people in other areas ,that still believe in political fairy tales where politicians are known for their strong morals and their strong believe in party ideals over money .

The fight is not the Democrats vs the Republicans.
Its the

[Lobbyist + DNC+ RNC+ MSM + Oligopolies + Congress ] vs [ the consumers and the individual democrats and individual republicans]

who blocked a federal minimum wage raise?....who cut the IRS budget for the last 5 years, (those guys that actually enforce tax collection)?...who voted against veterans benefits being raised?....who voted against the ACA where millions of people can finally get some health coverage?...who wants to cut taxes to the top 1%?...who wants to get rid of environmental regulations?...who wants to privatize social security?...who wants to cut corporate taxes?....who wants to do away with the inheritance tax?...who wants to do away with capital gains taxes?....

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

a reply to: wasaka

Talking about funds not in possession in a situation where funds won't matter is kind of redundant, don't you think?

When we do have our economic collapse, the currant fiat currency will be nothing more than bum wiping material!

Even if its not we may not be able to get to it.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

If you think the Dems are any different than the party you blame for everything? Your just as blind and obedient as that

Amish horse!

How about you tell me how the Democrats have lifted the poor out of poverty first!

Dude? You have the freedom to look foolish by buying into the 2 party farce, but I don't buy into what your trying to sell!

if you think there will be a third party rising up to do battle with the evil right and left...you are the one that doesn't know how politics works in this country.....the "2 party farce" you say I'm buying into, is the reality. I don't necessarily like it, but it's there, and has been there for along time....and the history is, republicans are not for the common working man....how much political history of the last 100 years, do you need to see this?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Sad but true on that .. however.. they cant take away the greatest weapon a man has - his mind ... guaranteed the guys who survived nam have a few tricks they learned from charlie up their sleeve as well ..

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
When we were all talking about this here back in 2008/9, I stocked up on everything imaginable. I lived in an apartment and had canned food and water stored all over the place. I had all the emergency stuff, also, lot's of iodine for trading, if necessary. Two duffle bags packed up just in case, one for me and one for my daughter. I moved twice with all that crap in tow.

Now in 2015, the food's all expired and my daughter's used a lot of the other stuff for camping trips over the years.

I still have the iodine and empty duffle bags.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Amish horse!

if you think there will be a third party rising up to do battle with the evil right and left...you are the one that doesn't know how politics works in this country.....the "2 party farce" you say I'm buying into, is the reality. I don't necessarily like it, but it's there, and has been there for along time....and the history is, republicans are not for the common working man....how much political history of the last 100 years, do you need to see this?

Did you really just openly say that on the internet?

You obviously believe in the lesser of two evils, (in your mind) while failing to realize that evil is still evil?

Giddy up horsey!
edit on 16-4-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: blujay
When we were all talking about this here back in 2008/9, I stocked up on everything imaginable. I lived in an apartment and had canned food and water stored all over the place. I had all the emergency stuff, also, lot's of iodine for trading, if necessary. Two duffle bags packed up just in case, one for me and one for my daughter. I moved twice with all that crap in tow.

Now in 2015, the food's all expired and my daughter's used a lot of the other stuff for camping trips over the years.

I still have the iodine and empty duffle bags.

You skipped 2012!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Why even high earners are struggling to save

The report, released Thursday by SunTrust, found that even among households with incomes of $75,000 or more, roughly a third live paycheck to paycheck at least some of the time, and one-fourth of those with incomes of $100,000 or more do the same.

www.cnbc.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join