It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five different stores make sudden announcement, claiming “plumbing” issues

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
With the exception of California, those are all right to work states. I wouldn't expect such extreme union busting measures to be necessary.

I would also expect them to be more likely to close shops in places like Seattle where the minimum wage has been forcibly raised than they would be to close them in places where the minimum wage remains low. It would send the same message. If it were protest against wage hikes they were fighting.

No, this looks suspiciously like they are cooperating with the government exercises to me. They may be using stores in lower profit areas because the money they are being paid to essentially empty out their facilities will come closer to compensating for the revenue they'll be losing.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

New crisis actors are always in demand. People are figuring out that the ones they currently have are being recognized and overused in many FF situations.

Hey, Walmart people - go apply for a crisis actor position...it pays better than Walmart.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm thinking its a move to bust any potential union formation. I've been getting communications from my company about some major union and protest activity coming to a WalMart near you in the not to distant future. They are expecting it to make headlines and are quaking in their boots that it may spread to other companies like ours.

They are treating it as a major issue and have rolled out all sorts of "emergency" lines to call if we suspect there is even a hint of it spreading to our store.

So my guess is that this is a preemptive strike from WalMart.

Assholes

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Years ago I went to a cafeteria in the middle of the afternoon and they were closed -later on I learned the reason. Almost their entire workstaff was illegal aliens and they got busted by the Feds. Without their workstaff they were not able to remain open and serve food. They had to advertise, interview and hire a bunch of new employees, which takes time. This was a well-know cafeteria chain in the South.
Maybe this happened at Walmart?

Sal

a reply to: Black_Fox

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Yes,Im aware, prison Planet makes people roll their eyes,but this time, I've actually looked these up, and ya its accurate.

Not a huge AJ fan, but I have looked up his articles and ..

the ones I've found are legit News sources,ABC, Forbes, NBC, etc, they're posted right on the aritcles themselves, not like he's trying to hide anything..

Most of the issues people have with AJ are, if people did believe that America is on the bleeding edge of complete meltdown and martial law....yea..

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
CNBC

The link above states that WalMart was advised to close stores (smaller) and that they needed an overhaul.

Could it be this was predicted?
Seems odd that all of the stores would have "plumbing" issues at the same time...

Just a thought. I lived near Brandon (Valrico County) years ago and it wasn't that big.
Seems that people COULD just go to Tampa...we did for major shopping anyway...
edit on 14-4-2015 by TNMockingbird because: clarify link

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

i'm no walmart fan, don't go there unless i can't find it any where else.

but to address your post, remodeling and repairs are far more time consuming and costly than new construction, especially commercial buildings.
all those shows you see on tv about having only two weeks to do a remodel, or completely gut a house are phony, they bring about 100 folks and what you don't see is what those folks doing are doing when the camera is not there.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

wouldn't happen to start with a m would it?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I think union busting is possible but not likely. As another poster stated, most of these stores are in states where union busting isn't that hard to begin with.

I also think it's possible that Wal-Mart may be attempting to shut low performing stores without having to call it that. Also, it may be some type of strategy to conduct layoffs without having to follow some period of notification required by state law.

Another thought I've has is that there may be some common environmental hazard actually having to do with the plumbing. Perhaps the same sub-contractor used something toxic in the plumbing or another environmental system in all these buildings. Still unlikely given the geographic spread of the stores, though.

A bit of a head scratcher, for sure.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
There are two walmarts here in Midland, this store is in fact an older one and im sure it does have plumbing issues.. That being said it is always extremely busy and it would make no financial sense to close for any amount of time.. Something smells fishy

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
If its Walmart, you can bet your candy arse its something shifty.

The people in these cities should take advantage of the situation and toss a few molotov cocktails into sporting goods.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jefwane
I think union busting is possible but not likely. As another poster stated, most of these stores are in states where union busting isn't that hard to begin with.

I also think it's possible that Wal-Mart may be attempting to shut low performing stores without having to call it that. Also, it may be some type of strategy to conduct layoffs without having to follow some period of notification required by state law.

Another thought I've has is that there may be some common environmental hazard actually having to do with the plumbing. Perhaps the same sub-contractor used something toxic in the plumbing or another environmental system in all these buildings. Still unlikely given the geographic spread of the stores, though.

A bit of a head scratcher, for sure.

My first thought was that it was a euphemism for "water related" but, this isn't just in Cali.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: here4this

They also say that the military personnel will be armed with "blanks". And they're sending in SEAL teams and Green Berets? Yeah, something is up. Getting everyone used to the idea, placating the locals so it won't be such a shock when it happens?

I hope this comes down to nothing . But my spidey senses are ringing strong on this one

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

April

Bombing at the Boston Marathon April 15, He cited the Virginia Tech shooting, which took place April 16, 2007; the Columbine school shooting, which occurred April 20, 1999, and the Oklahoma City bombing, which took place on April 19, 1995.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Not sure if the store in Brandon Fl closed but I was there the other day and the bathroom in the front of the store is closed for remodeling. So pretty odd timing if this did happen.

I'll go over tomorrow and see if the bathroom is still walled off for remodeling

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Aren't these all states included in the "Jade Helm 15" Military drill, that has been concerning so many people? Maybe these stores are "closed" to reserve supplies.

(Just the conspiracy side of things)
edit on 14-4-2015 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I would bet the issue is lawsuits because of backed up plumbing and they are going to put a stop to it. Seems their customers are rather full of it so plumbing size might be an issue,

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yep, pure union busting. Close store using phony claim, make current employees reapply for their old jobs. Only those jobs go to newer, younger, and much lower on the pay scale hires.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: here4this

They also say that the military personnel will be armed with "blanks". And they're sending in SEAL teams and Green Berets? Yeah, something is up. Getting everyone used to the idea, placating the locals so it won't be such a shock when it happens?

So they're going to have "armed", unidentified military people in civilian clothing popping off blank rounds unexpectedly in the midst of the local populations in a realistic training exercise?

What happens when a civilian pulls his concealed revolver and empties it into one of these training participants?

Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: whoreallyknows

Update, they closed the Brandon store on Brandon Blvd, I was at the Causeway Blvd store (both in Brandon FL) which had its bathroom being worked on also. Odd that both stores are having plumbing issues.

Also they just rearranged the entire store on Causeway recently, and there's a large wall thats been placed in the middle of he produce section and obstructs ur view completely of a large portion of the store thats off to the right of the enterance.

Could be nothing but thought i'd still add the info
edit on 14-4-2015 by whoreallyknows because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join