It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Christians...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Saying it's a personal choice though, while obvious, doesn't do much for the original premise. Say you are witnessing to a family, who've lost their mother and father whom denied religion.

How do you expect them to convert to a religion in which it would mean their family is suffering damnation for all of eternity?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: here4this

There is also scripture that says Christ's return will not take place until all the world has heard the news of Christ.

That would mean all of men would have heard that Christ is the savior. That still leaves the original question.

How do you expect someone to convert and believe in a religion which would damn their relatives to hell.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace Which begs the question, how does a computer choose what is freely given?

link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

How do you expect someone to convert to Christianity when it means accepting that all their deceased family members have gone to hell?

Well I will just be real. I don't expect to convert anyone, only Christ can change someones heart. Just because something is upsetting doesn't mean its untrue. The truth is not always pleasant friend. Deceased family members that rejected God made their choice, and God respected their choice. Its up to you to make your choice.

link   
They're not in Hell; whoever told/taught you that was wrong.

They're waiting for the second judgement, at the throne, at the end, as it is written in Revelation.

No one but God knows how God is going to judge.

Maybe they can accept Christ at the throne, because they had no option on Earth.

Maybe they died before Jesus was born?

link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69

Is a computer capable of being burned, while alive, for the rest of eternity?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If you truly believe the Word of GOD you would not put set family Member above GOD i did answer your question what you were looking for is me to state that GOD means more to me than set Family member.

if you truly believe in the word then you would try and reason with set family member and try to bring em towards GOD there is no easy answer and we can go back and forth all day trying to prove your athiestic argument but like JESUS said shake the dust off your feet. a reply to: EternalSolace

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Can you not recognize the difficulty of asking someone to accept that a relative will endure hell?

Don't assume I'm an atheist. I am as well versed in the Bible, if not more, than the average person. Which is why I can pose the question.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace It is outside of a computers ability to choose. It is the operator who is responsible. You were only thrown into the furnace, it is your decision whether you decide to climb out.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
At the time of Christ's return , yes. I wish I had a better answer for you on the part about what happens if you hear the word and still do not follow. At start of the thread you stated "deceased relatives". That is what I answered for you . As far as anyone living and hearing the word but yet dismissing it , the best answer I can give is you can be redeemed in the "twinkle of an eye" . Just from what I have learned from most religions is to live a good life. You cant shape your life around what your family , friends , neighbors ( or in some cases the religious leaders) say or do , your life is your own to do with what you will . For good or evil. That is your choice , and your choice alone and that is the decision that most deities leaves to you.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Can you not see how silly your question is? If I can show someone that Jesus Christ was most likely God in the flesh and that is a truth about reality. How could you not accept what is true simply because it upsets you?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So the christian heaven makes you completely apathetic to the suffering of others....

.....whodathunkit?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69

Is said computer sentient? If it is sentient, then it would reason that it wouldn't want to see any of its computer brethren go to hell. So if said computer, sentient and capable of witnessing, tried to witness, how would it expect to convert?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
And besides you are missing the obvious fact that no one will know the time. How can we ever truly record a movie?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Do you deny the difficulty of asking a recent convert to accept that, for say, their dead mother will burn in hell?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The reason Da Vinci painted a hat on Jesus is because the Lord looks damn fine with one on.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: here4this

I think its important to mention that every religion aside from Christianity has a works based view. In all the other world religions you start with works and climb your way to heaven. In Christian theology, you start with Christ, who changes you and makes you want to do Good works not because of a reward but because He changes the very essence of your soul. The Christian idea of salvation is unique and completely backwards from other world religions.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
How do you expect someone to convert to Christianity when it means accepting that all their deceased family members have gone to hell?

If that assumption were true (which I don't grant), how exactly would NOT converting change the situation for the better?
It would be like saying "I don't want to think that the people in that valley have drowned, so I refuse to believe that the dam has broken".
If Christianity is true, it is true whether we like the implications or not.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69 Crack open your jar of clay. Their are treasures hidden within. I cannot heal you, though I can try with myself. No one will ever know, aren't we all our own worst critics?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb He is the way, truth and life. It is only logical that the moment you start pointing fingers you will only end up with chopped off ears and poked out eyes. Rock on Jesus. My only disappointment is that he wasn't white

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join