It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so difficult to Believe in Aliens?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

It's important to consider that many people are simply agnostic in their opinions.

We shouldn't confuse the requirement for evidence with ignorance to a perceived reality. Probability and proof are not the same thing.

Also important to state that just because it's reasonable to believe the universe is teeming with life, it doesn't automatically mean they have any interest in us at all. Why do we assume that they MUST be visiting us? We have the capability to go and put men on the moon, but we CHOOSE not to. Why must we assume that because another species exists out there they have to have any interest in seeking us out, or visiting, or testing us, or observing us? Once again, we're putting Human thought processes on an imagined race we know absolutely nothing about.

It's like looking at a puppy and thinking we know what it's thinking. We have no damn clue what it's thinking, but we pretend we do because it's the only frame of reference we have.

Just as any alien species would have different physiology, they would have entirely different attitudes and cultures to ours. Maybe exploration is no more important to them than stamp collecting is to us?

It's entirely plausible that the universe is teeming with life, it is arrogant to believe that our one little rock in this vast expanse of existence is the only one with intelligent life on it. But, and this is the important part, EVIDENCE is needed to support this.

Probability is not enough.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
I don't live in the fantasy world, nor is there any need for me to speculate.

So then you have proof of the following?:

...for a fact, life exists everywhere else within our galaxy and elsewhere in the Universe.

Alien life exists on every level and in every size, from the far infrared spectrum to gigantic.

Different Aliens have different ways of traveling to and from our planet and other places, Some travel to us using the rays of the Sun and travel at the speed of light, just as dust particles travel in sunbeams we see in our homes, while others travel by dimensional craft, where they appear and disappear in a blink.

...they have an other agenda that doesn't require permission or acceptance from us...

They do let us see them from time to time though, if the didn't want us to, they would just stay cloaked

I'll stop there....

Please provide proof of the above, if, in fact, it is anything more than fantasy and wild speculation.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Most of todays cameras cant take pictures of extreme light, except with special filters and correct adjustment, then you've got movement issues that require heavy and expensive tripods and liquid mounts.

its very difficult to shoot these images, and proper glass could set one back 1000s

missile tracking cameras cost $50, 000 and up, and that's really what it requires...Seriously

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a better question would be how can we NOT believe in aliens

given the size of the universe (just this one not theoretical parallel ones)
the simple balance of probability suggests there must be many many other life forms
at all stages of evolution scattered across the cosmos.

the difficulty arise in finding them and if any are visiting here proving it
because it seems that if any are then they dont seem to want to interact with us
on a level much beyond you want to interact with the many hundreds of "lower" life forms
in you own back yards.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Being the known fact that we are currently trapped on this planet and haven't quite figured out any other means, doesn't have any bearing on others and their resources and science.

Just because you cant see a thing, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. it just means that you were never made aware or you haven't figured it out yet.

we have less than 60 years in space flight, we are newborns living in an ancient universe, where real magic exists and a thriving, traveling universe metropolis is busy.

Our minds and our Technology are just too infantile

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Most of todays cameras cant take pictures of extreme light, except with special filters and correct adjustment, then you've got movement issues that require heavy and expensive tripods and liquid mounts.

its very difficult to shoot these images, and proper glass could set one back 1000s

missile tracking cameras cost $50, 000 and up, and that's really what it requires...Seriously

So they only come out at night. OK...lets assume they do. Why are they leaving their lights on outside their ships if they dont want to be seen by the masses? Do you not see this HUGE flaw in this logic.

"Krang! Did you turn huge flashing lights on the outside of our ship off?"
"Shazbat!! I forgot! Sorry"

I don't doubt you saw somethings that were very cool...i just think you are wrong about what you think it was because you want it to be aliens so badly.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

a reply to: Rocker2013

Being the known fact that we are currently trapped on this planet and haven't quite figured out any other means, doesn't have any bearing on others and their resources and science.

Just because you cant see a thing, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. it just means that you were never made aware or you haven't figured it out yet.

we have less than 60 years in space flight, we are newborns living in an ancient universe, where real magic exists and a thriving, traveling universe metropolis is busy.

Our minds and our Technology are just too infantile

Everything you wrote here is irrelevant im afraid. We can easily imagine alien craft and can even explain HOW they might come over. So bored of this "we cant imagine , we are too infantile, we are too naive" argument. Science can explain black holes, time travel and other things....

And just because you really, really, REALLY want something to be true, doesn't make is so ether.
edit on 13-4-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

They are here day and night, you still have the same issues...Bright moving or stationary light. Unless you have one parked on the ground less than 100 ft away. its going to be difficult to capture.

its not like a stabilized drone image on the ground, they are moving and taking the picture...lol

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Human arrogance ..

You took the word right out of my mouth.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Science is in speculation of black holes as most other things they've not actually witnessed nor tested up close and personal

...We are infants, with Giant Egos

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Human arrogance .. theyre silly enough to think theyre the only intelligent lifeform in the universe while at same time worshipping a figment of the imagination from a book of fairytales ..

Actually. I think you will find that most people who don't believe aliens are visiting earth (like me) definitely DO believe in alien life elsewhere in the universe. Just not coming over here to say hi yet.

Why is it do difficult to believe? Easy to answer. Not a single, utter shred of any reputable proof. In a day and age of 1080p cams on everyone's phone we still have no good footage. Abduction testimonies are almost all shady. And for me...the icing on the cake is this:

Why would aliens who are coming to earth secretly FOR GET TO TURN THE FRIGGIN LIGHTS OFF THEIR SHIPS FOR ALL TO SEE?? They can master interstellar travel but haven't installed light switched on their flashing Xmas lights on their ships.

So please before all of you believers deride is skeptics and say idiotic things like "it's because we are so arrogant to think we are the only life"...just remember that almost all of us do believe in life elsewhere .

I studied physics at uni, I ADORE space and anything scientific...i desperately want to see first contact before i die. I'm just not willing g to be swayed by obviously false footage like some of you guys are. Sorry.

Abso-freaking-lutely. I would also add the odd fact that all these alien craft manage to position themselves equidistant from all cameras so that they appear a few pixels wide.......amazing navigation !!!

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Human arrogance .. theyre silly enough to think theyre the only intelligent lifeform in the universe while at same time worshipping a figment of the imagination from a book of fairytales ..

*tips fedora*

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Believing in aliens is no crazier than Christians believing in a guy that walked on water, or Muslims believing that a guy ascended to heaven on a winged horse, or Scientologists believing that the earth is a prison planet three trillion years old, etc.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
well if you can actually believe in a god, you can also believe in extraterrestrial life, we have not seen or proven both of these concepts but in fact it is the same and once you realize this its just a very small step, the bible or any other holy book reads much better after this realization
and in fact all believers... are already believing in a distorted ufo story...
edit on 13-4-2015 by dennisarends because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Science is in speculation of black holes as most other things they've not actually witnessed nor tested up close and personal

...We are infants, with Giant Egos

With regards to black holes. The maths work. The physics works. They fit in with our knowledge and have been witnessed and observed second hand by their effects on nearby bodies.

Not only that, but you ENTIRELY missed my point.

As for our giant egos. Those egos intercepted a comet last year, will be zipping passed pluto this July and created the computers and Internet you use to type your silly teen angst-like human deriding rubbish.

So, you will forgive me if i do not agree with your incredibly simplistic viewpoint about us humans. I have a lot of faith in us as humans and can see the achievemnts we have had in a very short period.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

They are here day and night, you still have the same issues...Bright moving or stationary light. Unless you have one parked on the ground less than 100 ft away. its going to be difficult to capture.

its not like a stabilized drone image on the ground, they are moving and taking the picture...lol

Interesting. You might want to tell the countless airplane photographers who take super sharp high res images of planes at 35000 feet travelling at 900mph that what they are doing is impossible.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: vataOsadhi

Again walking can mean many things, different entities can be see to be 'walking' in a perceived sense, it does not have to mean precisely walking as a human being with two legs. You can take your dog for a walk, is the dog walking on all fours? Yes, but physically in a different way.

Please quote the verse from the scripture regarding 'god walking' to add some context to your post.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Because they don't exist! End of story!

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Believing in aliens is no crazier than Christians believing in a guy that walked on water, or Muslims believing that a guy ascended to heaven on a winged horse, or Scientologists believing that the earth is a prison planet three trillion years old, etc.

But that is where you are wrong, it is not crazy to believe in such things, otherwise we would have all the answers to everything and would have solved all of the universes' mysteries.

But we have not done that...

Was it crazy when two guys believed they would fly using a plane? Is it crazy when we believed we could harness the power of the atom? We can believe in things that are beyond our comprehension, because it leads to the pursuit of knowledge and the answers to questions.

Many times in history people thought some 'beliefs' were too crazy or too outlandish, many of them are now long gone, and were proven wrong.

I believe the world is round.. when those words were uttered long long ago people like you shouted 'you are crazy'
edit on 13-4-2015 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

originally posted by: UnBreakable

But that is where you are wrong, it is not crazy to believe in such things, otherwise we would have all the answers to everything and would have solved all of the universes' problems.

But we have not done that...

Was it crazy when two guys believed they would fly using a plane? Is it crazy when we believed we could harness the power of the atom? We can believe in things that are beyond our comprehension, because it leads to the pursuit of knowledge and the answers to questions.

Many times in history people thought some 'beliefs' were too crazy or too outlandish, many of them are now long gone, and were proven wrong.

I believe the world is round.. when those words were uttered long long ago people like you shouted 'you are crazy'

Difference is all the things you stated can be proven and tested. They are real world applications.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join