It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Then Jesus says: «My wife» & «I dwell with her»

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
In a 1600 year old Coptic fragment Jesus says «My wife [...] Mary [...] She will be able to be my disciple, [...] I dwell with her.» in what appears to be Jesus defending his wife Mary Magdalen against one of the male disciples.

==> www.smithsonianmag.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Mary was just the tip of the proverbial Ice Berg...

C'mon, the guy had a multitude of female groupies, and he was probably doing them all.

Jesus was the first Rock Star.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
In a 1600 year old Coptic fragment Jesus says «My wife [...] Mary [...] She will be able to be my disciple, [...] I dwell with her.» in what appears to be Jesus defending his wife Mary Magdalen against one of the male disciples.

==> www.smithsonianmag.com...

Last week the big story was finding Jesus tomb
( Mary's name is carved in stone...we are told ).

If Jesus had a wife and child, I think that would
qualify as one of the biggest conspiracies in history.
And it would make the Qu'ran more accurate than
the Bible on this point.

edit on 9-4-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

C'mon, the guy had a multitude of female groupies, and he was probably doing them all.

He was like an ancient Tom Cruise!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
whats your point?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Many of the Gospels that didn't appeal to male chauvinism at the time were burn't but some have survived. Mary Magdalene may have been the person that propelled true Christianity into the world. Her legacy and perhaps marital status to Jesus downplayed by old men in Rome that wanted use Christianity as a vehicle for power and glory (aka ego) not spirituality.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

Cuz Jesus was so fond of Adultry. LOL. yah okay.

And since when do woman like crazy guys who say they are messiahs and plan on punishing their space faring army of aliens, i mean angels?

Never. But nice wishful thinking.

woman are just clamering to these types of people for sure.
edit on pm4u3015Thu, 09 Apr 2015 18:27:09 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

This is not "new" info. It's that argument that started over 2 years ago, about the fragment....
but no matter - a review for the new and newly interested:

It seems obvious to many that he was married. To others it seems utterly absurd and blasphemous, heretical "lies."

In the end: Who really cares?
Did he teach what he taught, or didn't he? I don't see much arguing about his actual sayings (except that a bunch of them were left out, a la Nag Hammadi and the Dead Sea Scrolls) - just about whether he was God, whether or not he resurrected or survived, and whether or not he existed at all.

The lesson is still the same: Treat Others the way YOU Want to be Treated.
edit on 4/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

Then again - this DOES bring up a bit of a schmidt-storm, doesn't it? LOL!!!!

And the Apocalyptic Born-Again types (or - is it Apoplectic?....Apostolic? ..... I can never remember.......) are reeling.

edit on 4/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Link to the thread that came out in Sept. 2012
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

He came to do the will of the Father and that didn't include marriage. Jesus wasn't some 'good guy teaching 'do to others as you'd have them do unto you." Jesus is clear who He is and why He came. Liars who pervert the scriptures will not inherit eternal life.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Polygamy is acceptable in the bible and it is very well known that yeshua had more female disciples then male. That heart chakra does wonders in gaining female followers get what I'm saying hhehehe. Lol but yeah he did travel with a lot of females that's what happens when your the epitome of love they also help him in financial situations a CNN report suggested

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: soaringhawk

Jesus wasn't some 'good guy teaching 'do to others as you'd have them do unto you." Jesus is clear who He is and why He came.

Yeah, he pretty much was some 'good guy' teaching that. If you are unaware of that common knowledge, then what is true of the willfully ignorant "Christians" is doubly so of you.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The will of the father was also be fruitful and multiply. The trinity here on eath is the father mother and son so yeah.... Just because he was married doesn't mean anything bad

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: soaringhawk

He came to do the will of the Father and that didn't include marriage. Jesus wasn't some 'good guy teaching 'do to others as you'd have them do unto you." Jesus is clear who He is and why He came. Liars who pervert the scriptures will not inherit eternal life.

That's right, just believe what you've been told without questioning it like a good little sheep.

How dare someone seek their own answers.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: soaringhawk

He came to do the will of the Father and that didn't include marriage.

How can you be a rabbi (Gospel of John) and not be married? And how can you be a high priest (Letter to the Hebrews) without being married? I'd call you stupid and unlearned for stating what you just did. Hey, I'd even throw in a «phft!»

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Some people choose not to see the truth Jesus was a great man but some choose hold on to this fake image of him

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Was not the church his Bride? Wouldnt that make him married? Not nice to call people names weather you christian or not!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

1600 years old Coptic manuscript, Cue Gnosis and code, it was not litteral in the way of other texts or religious writing's also a lot of egyptian mysticism from there native religions came into the coptic church where even today some formerly egyptian deity's are used as saint like figures and even the Osiris symbol of the Anke is used in place of the cross.

In about 89 anno dominei a certain christian called John whom was on exile on the Greek island of Patmos living in a small cave had a vision in which he saw the Wife of the LAMB which is Christ Jesus, now if he had been married why would he see this, the wife of the LAMB was NEW JERUSALEM a city come down from heaven in the new heaven and new earth.

SO how could he be married if that was the case, these very early followers of Jesus would have known about it.

There is no tradition of christ being married in the Assyrian orthodox church that grew from the Judean Messianic jew's who followed christ, indeed it only appears in Gnostic texts.

Gnosis often referred to a wife of Jesus whose name Sophia when studied from the greek actually meant wisdom so actually was not referring to a physical female being but specifically to wisdom, these were not gospels but mystic Gnostic texts and a lot of non christian beliefs actually poluted the Coptic church very early on, though they are good christians nevertheless and these corruptions were later mostly purged.

There is no reference to a wife in the ethiopian orthodox church that grew out of the Ethiopian jewish synagogue and those who like in israel were inspired to accept Christ as the messiah.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

No doubt! He must have really had a set of lungs to belt out the "Beatitudes" to the 5000 from the top of that mountain!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

He came to do the will of the Father and that didn't include marriage.

How come he didn't start "doing the will of the Father" until he was around 30? Doesn't the will of the Father include "Be fruitful and multiply"?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join