It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikipedia erases "Above Top Secret" entry, for "lack of notability"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
en.m.wikipedia.org...

So there you go. Wikipedia has just decided to ignore one of the greatest forums on alternative news. The official reason for the deletion:

No evidence that this Internet forum meets our website notability guidelines

Surely this justification stands for Wikipedia's entry on Hum, a village somewhere in Croatia with population = 17:

en.m.wikipedia.org...

What say you ATS? Justified deletion, or political move?

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
en.m.wikipedia.org...

So there you go. Wikipedia has just decided to ignore one of the greatest forums on alternative news. The official reason for the deletion is, "not notable enough".

Surely this justification stands for Wikipedia's entry on Hum, a village somewhere in Croatia with population = 17:

en.m.wikipedia.org...

fook Wikipedia ats don't need recognition from those fools

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Looks like ATS isn't as mainstream as some of the old gripers like to claim.

+25 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

The old phrase, "you can't handle the truth" comes to mind here.

Piss on Wiki!
edit on 9-4-2015 by KawRider9 because: for the love of bacon

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
well have a look at good old Alexa
alexa page

and according to ATS there are "only" 308,093 of us.
You have to also factor in the "cultural impact" a site has, and sites like this are niche at best.

But hey nothing to be ashamed of, searching the truth or wanting to know more about the news has never been mainstream

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Piss on Wiki!

The temptation to boycott Wikipedia does suddenly rise upon seeing such a low blow.

As the Doctor would say to Robin Hood,

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

just like ATS they can allow or disallow what is posted.
i see no problem here.

i'm sure there are thousands of web sites that are not notable enough for them.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I do find that strange, but then i sometimes wonder quite how active this place really is.

Sure, we have "lots" of regular faces and folk who pop in and out; but considering how many visitors pass through here each day most threads still only get 10-50 flags and i do wonder if that is indicative of most visitors and members only showing cursory interest during their visits. I'd be interested to see a "views" list for threads, as well as flags.

I still find it a pointless thing,to take "us" of Wikipedia.

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Were above being ranked by mindless masses incapable of thinking for themselves and questioning authority .. we dont need their stinking rating or approval ..

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
WikiShilldia. What else is there to say?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
ATS has been deleted more than once before, it only shows that Wiki is both incompetent, and up the left!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Piss on Wiki!

The temptation to boycott Wikipedia does suddenly rise upon seeing such a low blow.

A low blow indeed. With all the random nonsense you can find on wikipedia and they go and shrug off the best conspiracy theory forum on the internet. WTF!

Clearly it's a pure political move. I've been noticing wikipedia becoming way to politically based in the last few years. They say the internet is supposed to expand the access to information and knowledge to the people. But in a way, its just a way for TPTB to restrict & manipulate it.
edit on 9-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
WikiShilldia. What else is there to say?

I find Wikipedia one of the worst sources of information out there.

Ever since I found out it is crowd edited and their "editors" put in false information regularly, I won't and don't use it for information.

Although I have to admit that I have "sourced" it a handful of times, for youngsters who refuse to believe what I say and I wanted "fast" proof that the ignorant will always take as truth, Wikipedia.

Why bother to care about Wiki?

I'll tell you that I have seen memes generated here on ATS appear shortly on talk radio. I think ATS is show prep for many talk radio people. Then when our memes are important they move on beyond talk radio. ATS is way more influential than one would think.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Sorta makes sense when you read the article for deletion..

Fails GNG - promotional/vanity article. This article about the conspiracy theory message board Above Top Secret (ATS) has 28 references, of which, 16 are to the site abovetopsecret.com itself, 4 are back to Wikipedia, and the substance of the rest are to conspiracy blogs like illuminatirex.com and members.fortunecity.com/groom51. One RS ref to WIRED and another to Scientific American contain only passing and incidental mentions to specific posts on ATS. Several other references to RS sources don't actually mention ATS at all (e.g. a citation to MSNBC in a paragraph mentioning that the Terri Schiavo case was discussed in ATS is used simply to source the fact Terri Schiavo died). We have placed a verification tag on this article for the last 4 years and it has not improved in that time.

LINK

edit on 9/4/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Oh and it's funny that a Wikipedia article linking to other Wikipedia articles doesn't meet it's own website notability guidelines

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Looks like the circle is complete?

Why Have People Problems With Wikipedia?
Wikipedia NOT a reliable source
Wikipedia as a source
Is Wikipedia a reliable source for information?

The ATS community doesn't "accept" Wikipedia; Wikipedia doesn't accept ATS as notable.
The universe is still in equilibrium...

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I've been a member for a few months now, but i still dont undertsnd the stars and flags thing, if i've ever done it, it's purely been by accident.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

People who say Wikipedia is not a reliable source, don't know how to use Wikipedia properly.

To clarify, it serves as a good starting point.

And I should say as well, those that use it as a be all and end all, are also not using it properly either..

edit on 9/4/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
And yet many of our threads are still referenced:

en.wikipedia.org...

"Zenith (film)
2010 ATS Game Rules and Solutions". AboveTopSecret.com. August 31, 2010. Wadjet Industries website AboveTopSecret.com. "September, 2010 ATS Game Rules
12 KB (1,295 words) - 14:29, 23 October 2014
Corporate Cannibal
"Grace Jones - Corporate Cannibal. Two varied views., page 1". www.abovetopsecret.com. Retrieved 2012-02-09. Mike Slane. "Grace Jones – Corporate Cannibal »
5 KB (402 words) - 21:44, 26 February 2015
Jesse Macbeth
probation. On January 23, 2008, Macbeth posted his own commentary on abovetopsecret.com, "I am Jesse Macbeth, this my response to the world." Wes Cooley
21 KB (2,603 words) - 19:51, 27 March 2015
Vela (satellite)
in the upper atmosphere, and usually over the oceans." foia.abovetopsecret.com...
12 KB (1,510 words) - 16:28, 5 February 2015
Thomas Leighton (Governor)
Edward la Zouche, 11th Baron Zouche. Top Secret, Above. "http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread779618/pg11&mem=". Lineage of Prince William and his
3 KB (292 words) - 07:41, 20 March 2014
Alpha wave
training programs for everyday stress relief. Citation: www.abovetopsecret.com... Psychologists are hoping to use this technique
13 KB (1,886 words) - 15:54, 26 February 2015
Americathon
com/blog/5-mediocre-movies-made-awesome-by-real-events/ www.abovetopsecret.com... www.commutebybike...
10 KB (1,161 words) - 17:34, 8 April 2015
DA-Notice
Retrieved 08-06-2013. Check date values in: |accessdate= (help) abovetopsecret.com: "DA-Notice amendment forthcoming (UK govt censorship notice) -
11 KB (1,310 words) - 14:59, 6 April 2015
Aurora (aircraft)
1992, p. 102. Gray, Simon. "Chris Gibson's Aurora Sighting (1989)." abovetopsecret.com, 21 June 2004. Retrieved: 17 October 2010. Randerson, James. "Is
18 KB (2,355 words) - 02:16, 23 March 2015
North American monetary union
calvin8997 (2008-10-12). "**PROOF** Proof that AMERO bills are FAKEs!!". Abovetopsecret.com. Retrieved 2008-12-10. SPP in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico Pastor
21 KB (2,561 words) - 16:22, 8 February 2015
RAF Bentwaters
Weapons Have Been Compromised by Unidentified Aerial Objects "Posts on AboveTopSecret.com forums". Retrieved 2 November 2012. Jefford, C.G, MBE,BA ,RAF
23 KB (2,758 words) - 11:29, 4 April 2015
Amerika Bomber
to fly jets into NY skyscrapers re: al Qaeda/neo-Nazis/NWO/Bormann." abovetopsecret.com. Retrieved: 21 March 2015. "Project D: Above Top Secret." Something
18 KB (2,336 words) - 00:40, 22 March 2015
Jeff Weise
lightningrod. "Username Weise here at ATS was Minn. Shooter Killer, page 1". Abovetopsecret.com. Retrieved 2012-03-14. Editors (March 23, 2005) "School Killer's
26 KB (3,327 words) - 15:01, 17 September 2014
Internet censorship in Russia
Kavkaz Center On Request From Russia", Education and Media section at Abovetopsecret.com, 6 May 2006 Kremlin critic shot in Ingushetia, BBC Protests on
32 KB (3,427 words) - 08:30, 1 April 2015
Travis Walton
Coast AM Radio, 25 February 2011 "The Travis Walton Abduction Case, abovetopsecret.com". Approximate abduction location. Retrieved December 2, 2010. (Gives
36 KB (5,214 words) - 19:41, 26 March 2015"

Jude11

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh

en.m.wikipedia.org...

So there you go. Wikipedia has just decided to ignore one of the greatest forums on alternative news. The official reason for the deletion is, "not notable enough".

en.m.wikipedia.org...

fook Wikipedia ats don't need recognition from those fools

This, no great loss from being referenced on wikipedia.. The reason they gave proves why its not worth it in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join