It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Helicopter Accident in Spain

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi
Well - the key question that nobody asks here .. what's the registration of the copter? What is the last filed flight plan? Who is the last owner? Should be fairly easy to track down what happened here ...

I saw somewhere else that this is potentially EC-KIR www.davidjackson.info...

It's either drug running or someone wants to claim some insurance money...

Good info added.

At least for now, I'm not convinced about the drug running theory. It doesn't explain why many important parts of the craft were missing and why no signs of impact on the ground. If an official statement from the Spanish Police confirms that theory, then they have to explain the points that I just mentioned. Otherwise it's a cover up.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

thats very odd. I doubt it was a drug run. Spain has modern radar systems in place and most smuggling is done by sea.

North Africa provides Europe with hash, which isnt needed to be smuggled like other drugs. mostly people go down, swallow some hash and drive back up after a short ferry ride. If its a big cargo, they sink it in packages with GPS tracking and let the ocean currents drag it close to the coast for pick up by boat.

No, not drugs, the US also has bases there, I think air force or navy...either way its well guarded air space.

IMO this was a clandestine helicopter with no registration or serials.....that screams intelligence services. No one would have to claim it....who ever it was registered to would be found quickly. If it was even marked after production....

It probably was dumped there after suffering damage elsewhere. The last ditch effort may result in it being from another country and not from spain.

If spains intelligence service used it they would not need to dump it like that. the whole country is theirs to do with as they please.

very odd.

EDIT TO ADD:
I see it was used by the government for forest fires.....so I am sold that it was transferred to the intelligence services for their use.

If it crashed and wasnt just picked up, then they werent supposed to be using it.....and were up to no good. nothing official anyways.

edit on 4 6 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

You made a few good observations.

Another thing that I noticed on the video, I don't see too many persons investigating or special gear. The area doesn't look restricted, no dogs searching drugs and no mention about fingerprints.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It looks like the drug hypothesis gained a little more "weight".

Article in Spanish

Google translation.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Analysing your update. I will reply your post ASAP.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
It looks like the drug hypothesis gained a little more "weight".

Article in Spanish

Google translation.

After reading your update, I'd share my conclusions with you.

The first segment that called my attention is this one :

The Command of the Civil Guard in Almería asserts that "dogs have marked the helicopter," but "can not ensure" that the moment in which the helicopter was abandoned transported illegal substances.

Well, they're actually saying they didn't find any drug. Interesting clue for another reason if we think about it. If it was a crash, the drug would be unavoidable spilt, at least a little bit. But no drugs, no blood, nothing. At this moment it's safe to say there was no crash.

Right now I reviewed the thread and found a lot of sense in a post by vagabound :

originally posted by: The Vagabond

What kind of tracks are you expecting exactly? Big muddy ruts with no grass in them? I've worked in plenty of places where there was absolutely nothing to indicate that an 18 wheel truck had come in and dropped off two loaders that ran all over the area for 12 hours other than a big clean slab where there used to be the burned out remains of somebody's cabin in the woods.

Edit to add: Also I have met a team of minimum wage 4 meth-addled convicts who successfully loaded a hard-landed blackhawk onto a truck for the Marines not far from 29 Palms. There's nothing particularly difficult about qualified people preparing equipment they use all the time to be taken out of use and moved by road- lots of people do it with lots of complicated stuff every day.

Seems like a logical explanation for the missing blades and tail, making it more easier to transport in a truck without getting noticed.

Another interesting segment about the helicopter is this one :

The device was sold two months ago to a foreign company by Jorge Alberto Vidal Miserachs.

No name ? They better find out and reveal the name of this misterious foreign company, otherwise it would be an statement without support. I actually found that unserious.

A third part I'd like to mention is this one :

The device registration EC KIR

After a quick search, that gave me some interesting results. Take a look.

04-Apr-15 EC-KIR PZL W3 Fernán Pérez, Spain

Date refers to the date that the wreck of this helicopter was found abandoned, and thus the accident could have happened earlier. Helicopter found having crashed onto its starboard side. No flight plan was filed (a requirement in Spain for every flight)

One local theory, partly due to the accident location being close to the Spanish south coast, was that the helicopter was carrying drugs from Morocco/Algeria

DateApril 4, 2015
Reg : EC-KIR
Make : PZL
Model : W3MSN310319

helihub.com...

So I took that info and got lucky, but I think I need Zaphod58 for this part. I mean...Poland????

Complete (Historical) Civil Rotorcraft Register of Poland

LEGEND:b/u = broken upcnx = cancelled, fate unknowndbf = destroyed by fireprs = preserved wfu = withdrawn from usew/o = written off..??.. = registration unknown (if any)

www.rotorspot.nl...

What I can see under the column "Fate" at the right, there is nothing.

So, what do you think?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I think I found something here my friends. There is another update from a local source. The published a photo of the helicopter when it was transported to their judicial deposit. Here the photo :

You can read by the tail : "EC-KIR"

almeria360.com...

Ok....., now check these captures I made from the video :

WHERE ARE THE LETTERS ?
edit on 8-4-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

You can't see them when it's on its side. They're on the side of the boom so when it's vertical you see them.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

It's the manufacturer serial number and previous registration. At one point it was a Soviet helicopter before it was sold around.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Thats interesting. They are saying that the helicopter was sold to a foreign entity, and that one of the people whos name appears linked to it is involved in a major anti corruption case against the political party PP.

The fact the drug dogs marked it is secondary. This helicopter could be an illegally obtained asset that the PP (popular party) had off the books and that was procured with stolen funds.

Who ever was in it, could have been a politician involved in this corruption scandal on his way to or from someplace he shouldnt be going to or coming from. He may have had some coke on him and that is what the dogs found.

This is getting REALLY interesting.

edit on 4 8 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hmmmm...I don't know man, I think we should be able to see at least a little piece of one letter. Also, notice the silver/gray line that goes from the side to the front right next to the window and the nose. I don't see it on the captures I did.

Besides that, the video was certainly edited. Check the guy with the white bag. He put it on the ground and then he appears zoomed with the bag in his hand again.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I see it. Look on the side that's showing in the video. You can see a different shade of yellow just above the wheel. It matches the shade of yellow on the side you can see when they move it.

The registration number on the left side is right about where the damage starts on the boom.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I see it. Look on the side that's showing in the video. You can see a different shade of yellow just above the wheel. It matches the shade of yellow on the side you can see when they move it.

The registration number on the left side is right about where the damage starts on the boom.

Where bro?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The bottom of the nose, left side in that picture. It's the same yellow as seen on the right side. And you can make out what looks like a white stripe back a little from the nose.
edit on 4/8/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

My friend, the line is not yellow, it's gray/silver. The line you say is another one, other color, other place and other width.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I'm not talking about the line being yellow, I'm talking about the yellow below the line on the right side. It's on the left too, and in that last picture you can make out a lighter color line back from the nose. The paint on both sides matches, both the line and the yellow portion.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This is getting hot as hell my friends.

Regarding the "Gürtel plot".

Helicopters Del Mediterrani is a company founded over 14 years ago and is dedicated to all types of jobs and aviation activities. Behind the company is as a single partner, BCN Serveis Aeris, and sole director, Jorge Alberto Vidal Miserachs. Interestingly, this businessman was indirectly related to the Gürtel plot, although there is still no final judgment on this case.

www.estrelladigital.es...

I only will translate a bit of it, enough to give an idea the size of this :

A total of 17 political related to the Popular Party allegedly charged EUR 5.5 million in the corrupted frame of Francisco Correa in kind and cash. These are the names of the plot:

Francisco Correa: "Call me Vito, Don Vito", ordered one day administrator Francisco Correa their companies in a bid to become the character that made her jump to fame in Francis Ford Coppola.

www.elmundo.es...
edit on 8-4-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It could be for training.

If it was just laying about, somebody would have it taken away for scrap metal, lots of money in that.

Who knows.

edit on 8-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

The villagers know, as I read the helicopter was next to the cemetery. They reported it to the authorities.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Regardless of what really happened, it's an interesting story and a good investigation exercise.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join