It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Helicopter Accident in Spain

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This one reminds me a scene from "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", when the found the old planes. REALLY weird, there are not signs of a crash, no tracks on the land. Just look the video. Anyway, too early to post it on the UFO forum I guess.

No sign of the crew, unloaded, and dump in the countryside in the municipality of Nijar (Almería), next to a cemetery. So has appeared on Saturday, abandoned cargo helicopter unclaimed and nobody knows anything. The apparatus has structural damage, no blades and tail portion is detached, but no signs on the ground that has suffered an accident. The Civil Guard, in charge of the investigation, does not rule out any hypothesis. "All research lines are open," said a spokesman.

MORE INFO
Three missing after falling helicopter sea in Almeria
Survivor crashed helicopter in Almería does not remember what happened
The helicopter was located about 12:00 on Saturday in the neighborhood of Fernán Pérez, next to the cemetery of the town. The mayor of Nijar, Antonio Jesus Rodriguez (PP) reported that when the device was found in the area found no one inside or crew or any occupant. After conducting a search in the area and inspect the environment, no evidence was found that no one was hurt.

The apparatus has been damaged, but the ruler of Almeria municipality has also indicated that there are no signs that the helicopter has been uneven, because there was no impact marks on the spot. "It seems to have been landed," he stated. So the place has moved a crane to remove the device, whose fate, for now, remains a mystery.

politica.elpais.com...

Here a photo, see how the land looks intact.

Mayor, Antonio Jesús Rodríguez (PP), said that is a cargo helicopter and that no one, not even the pilot, next to it when it has been found.

www.abc.es...
edit on 5-4-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
That is truly bizarre. It is obviously not a crash. It will be interesting to see if those missing show back up.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Drug run from North Africa
2nd

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
2nd

That doesn't explain why the land is not damaged or what happened to the blades.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

2nd

You beat me to it.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

2nd

You beat me to it.

And did you read all the information, or at least my reply to Denoli?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

2nd

That doesn't explain why the land is not damaged or what happened to the blades.

Probably it was being airlifted without proper authorization by a drug cartel and was dropped when the carrier 'copter had a problem and had to release it. We can surmise that the situation is far more complicated. These details tells the authorities and us that there is another large cargo 'copter in the vicinity and operating illegally.
edit on 5-4-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Airlifted?

Do you mean someone airlifted a useless helicopter and nicely drop it in other place. why?

Also, what kind of aircraft do you think could be used for that?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'm trying to think of how I might operate my illegal drug smuggling helicopter.

I think that once I had successfully delivered my drugs, rather than going back up from my delivery point to risk detection again, I would have my helicopter loaded onto a flatbed truck, the rotors removed, the whole thing covered, and truck it out from there to go back to its non-suspicious legal life at an airport somewhere until I was ready for another trip to Africa.

But I'd be in a hurry and there would be every possibility that some day it would fall off the truck.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Are you thinking about what i wrote? I really tried to explain it for some folks.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Even if we consider the high profit of drug business, that plan would be too expensive and complicated. A big truck used to drop such a big helicopter would leave tracks on the land, no tracks had been found.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Are you thinking about what i wrote? I really tried to explain it for some folks.

Yes. You suggested an "Airlift" as an explanation, but you didn't elaborate it. Your theory needs support.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

What kind of tracks are you expecting exactly? Big muddy ruts with no grass in them? I've worked in plenty of places where there was absolutely nothing to indicate that an 18 wheel truck had come in and dropped off two loaders that ran all over the area for 12 hours other than a big clean slab where there used to be the burned out remains of somebody's cabin in the woods.

Edit to add: Also I have met a team of minimum wage 4 meth-addled convicts who successfully loaded a hard-landed blackhawk onto a truck for the Marines not far from 29 Palms. There's nothing particularly difficult about qualified people preparing equipment they use all the time to be taken out of use and moved by road- lots of people do it with lots of complicated stuff every day.
edit on Sun 5 Apr 2015 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond

What kind of tracks are you expecting exactly? Big muddy ruts with no grass in them? I've worked in plenty of places where there was absolutely nothing to indicate that an 18 wheel truck had come in and dropped off two loaders that ran all over the area for 12 hours other than a big clean slab where there used to be the burned out remains of somebody's cabin in the woods.

Yes, the grass should be damaged. Obviously.

Sorry, I must play the role of the Devil's Advocate on this thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
So no cartoonish well defined tracks such as one might expect in a muddy river bottom, equals no plausible explanation? In no circumstances does grass ever recover from being driven upon, in no case does soil ever stand up to tires, and machine built to fly is obviously too heavy to be managed otherwise?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond
So no cartoonish well defined tracks such as one might expect in a muddy river bottom, equals no plausible explanation? In no circumstances does grass ever recover from being driven upon, in no case does soil ever stand up to tires, and machine built to fly is obviously too heavy to be managed otherwise?

You assumed a truck wouldn't leave tracks on the land, that is something very hard to proof considering the type of land we see on the video/photo. It's just your opinion.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well it must have crashed if it was seen falling, if that is what the translation means, " Three missing after falling helicopter sea in Almeria"

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
First thing that came to mind. Cattle mutilation. Just the way it's lying there, as if dropped by something from above. We need to know if there was anything 'surgically removed' from the copter, like computers, engine parts etc.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Well it must have crashed if it was seen falling, if that is what the translation means, " Three missing after falling helicopter sea in Almeria"

That was another accident, in January. Click that text you mentioned and you'll see.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Kind of the pot calling the kettle arbitrary there isn't it? I'm suggesting that somehow the helicopter could possibly attain the position that it has attained under the circumstances in which it is seen... not exactly a stretch. You're arguing... well I think you're just arguing honestly, and I respect that if it's the case, but come on.

What kind of ground ARE we looking at by the way? What's the clay content? What's the moisture content? How deep is bedrock? What PSI will it support without taking an indentation?

Would you like me to get you some pictures of just how unimpressive the area around a truck can be to support my side of the argument as well, or does the fact that there's really no information here and the debate is essentially between the common and the completely unheard of pretty well do it already?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join