It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found this picture in the attic of my new home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
imgur.com...

The back of the photo is dated 1994 and says something about a religious mass in Santa Fe New Mexico. I found it hidden underneath a board in my attic. Whats your thoughts?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Do you have a picture of the writing on the back?

-dex

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazzzarus22

Camera flash off of a polished granite statue of the Virgin Mary.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Op what lead you to the discovery? Intuition? Also have checked the background of who previously lived there? Very interesting to say the least I look forward to hearing some insight from our members here who specialize in photography

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Look towards center-left. It looks like a small statue of the virgin Mary or some other religious figure.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Somebody doesn't know how to take pictures in the dark is all.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Here is the Facebook page of the Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi There are several images there that could be of a statue that would reflect light like the one in the picture. This church is located in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

The Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe is also located in Santa Fe, New Mexico. They appear to have several statues as well.

-dex

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

first thing i thought of like another member, Virgin Mary.
then did a search and found this.

i say it is a lighted statue of the Virgin Mary that someone that doesn't know how to take photographs took.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Camera flash off of a polished granite statue of the Virgin Mary.

I think you hit the proverbial nail on the head sir. Definitely a statue.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

It'd make sense if the person who took it was in the front of the crowd, but their not. The apparition appears in the middle of the crowd. No way could it be a statue. Everyone's attention is fixed on the little statue in the very front.
edit on 5-4-2015 by Lazzzarus22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

now i'm wondering if you even found it. did you post a youtube of it?

you can see that it is a real object at the end by comparing the dudes head and the statue.

edit on 5-4-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

now i'm wondering if you even found it. did you post a youtube of it?

you can see that it is a real object at the end by comparing the dudes head and the statue.

This seems fishy. What was the date of upload on the YouTube video? I think I recall seeing this picture floating around(no pun intended) a few years ago now that I think of it.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
While I'm not sure if this is a solid statue or a transluscent lighter weight manmade figure, I can see that the crowd in the background is not fixated on it- several people who couldn't possibly be oblivious to it are facing to the side from it as if its perfectly normal for that to be there.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

I agree,...
it almost looks like some kind of "glow stick" the photographer held in front of his camera... the lighting on the guy to right suggests the light source is behind him...

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

the post date on youtube is Jan 4, 2015, that's why i asked if the OP posted it.

if so it shows that the Op has been using a photo editing software of some sort.

you can also see that as i said the mans head and the statue show definition, that is pretty damn close.
to best of my knowledge, apparition's don't show a solid ( physical) form from what i've heard.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I take it back. Very odd he waited months after he uploaded it to make the thread. Either way the explanation is obvious and has been given.
edit on 5-4-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Actually, the YouTube video description links to this thread. The OP uploaded the video.

Come on guys, a little detail to attention before going on a witch hunt...

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

Actually, the YouTube video description links to this thread. The OP uploaded the video.

if you notice i posted the date in another post, and i swear that the only thing in the description was the date and "Photo was taken during a religious ceremony in 1994, in Santa Fe New Mexico.". now the link is there.

all that the link shows is the OP posted it to the video or someone saw it, and posted it.

do you have any views on whether the picture is of a apparition, or just a bad picture of a statue.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Sorry, but I think it looks like someone shoved a glow stick into a condom.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Somebody doesn't know how to take pictures in the dark is all.

at least YOU CERTAINLY KNOW how to take picture in the dark.... geeez

top topics

<<   2 >>

join