It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Object Survives Trip To Black Hole

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: dennisarends

That's actually exactly how they know it's there. We can't see it, we see what's around it ....

thank you yes i tried explaining but i am not native english speaker thank you so much

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dennisarends

They know something is exerting gravity, but they can't see it. Hence "black" hole. It's like the wind, you can't see it, but you see the effects of it so you know it's there.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

It could literally be a anything

We know so little about the universe

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Based on what you have verbally, defecated all over this post about real scientific anomalies I would have to state. This is not a ship, there could never be a ship of that "size." Grow up, stop living in a #ing dream.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Lets face it. With all the fancy telescopes we have. We still dont know what black holes are or if they follow any of the rules we place on them. The only thing they know is that strange things happen around them and off course the massive gravity they have, but then again. As this shows even that is suspect. For all anybody knows black holes may not even be holes at all.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
Lets face it. With all the fancy telescopes we have. We still dont know what black holes are or if they follow any of the rules we place on them. The only thing they know is that strange things happen around them and off course the massive gravity they have, but then again. As this shows even that is suspect. For all anybody knows black holes may not even be holes at all.

Nobody thinks black holes are 'holes'. They're gravitational wells. No more, no less. The intriguing thing is that they're impossible to describe with current physics - i.e. they require new physics (as in currently not understood) to describe them. That's what makes them so interesting!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed
Well according to those same physics one day the galaxy and the universe will be nothing but black holes, they do suck in more matter then they spin out. Or maybe not! Hence the topic of this thread. As for gravitational holes or wormholes and all that, likely not to exist, black holes could just be the giant garbage compactors of the universe, shifting matter around. But if they did not lose mass or gravity I think we would all likely be crushed atoms inside one this very moment.

But you do realize we dont even have a complete outlook on gravity yet, much less this stuff. But when we do it will likely answer a lot of questions.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
They had expected that the gas cloud will form an annular ring round the black hole, but I predicted that this will not happen and in all likelihood the gas cloud will go straight into the hole in a stream to be swallowed up, but as it happens only a part of the cloud made a beeline to the hole, suggesting something massive as the center of the cloud

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Thanks, I had posted earlier an article that offered this matter as up an coming.

edit on 6-4-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
wow, how long did the mystery object take to sling shot round the black hole was time slowed down for the object as it slung shot round? or am i getting it all wrong with black holes slowing time down the nearer you get to them?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: blobby

In hypothesis if you observed a spacecraft traveling near the speed of light, It would appear to you to be traveling very fast. However, to the occupants of such a spacecraft for every year they experienced you would experience two.

Essentially you would be moving faster into Time than they are.

A Black Hole with this much density and in respect entering an orbit that accelerates the mass away (which is what this looks like) would appear to us to be moving very fast but again based upon what we know, its moving slower.

I know that sounds kind of weird but there are plenty of experiments and today, with respect to GPS Satellites, its an apparent fact.

Giving it the status of being fundamental to Nature.

Any thoughts?
edit on 7-4-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: blobby
wow, how long did the mystery object take to sling shot round the black hole was time slowed down for the object as it slung shot round?

Depends on who you are asking.

If you are the one falling to the black hole, your clock will tick normally but when you'll look out, the outside time will accelerate. Inversely, if you are the one outside (say, safely on Earth), your own clock will tick normally but you'll the guy guy in the black hole slow down increasingly.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
However, to the occupants of such a spacecraft for every year they experienced you would experience two.

Time can follow many ratios of acceleration - not every Minkowski spaces will follow a "2-to-1" ratio.

The ratio is actually closely related to the acceleration (or gravitational field strength) itself.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Personally, i find it bizarre that everything that remotely approaches that BH is not ripped to shreds the moment it comes nearest to it on it's elliptical orbit.

We know binary stars, orbiting around one another, erode one star while the twin grows by 'stealing' mass of the other, less fortunate star...and that is only two relatively ordinary stars.

The thing that puzzles me is if an ordinary star can essentially rip another star in close orbit to pieces by stealing it's mass, how the hell can stars, or specifically a gas cloud (either surrounding a hidden star or not) survive being in close orbit to the biggest gravitational source in the vicinity, a massive black hole?

It's like saying an ice cream will melt if left near a log fire in your living room...but stays frozen if left near a blast furnace.

Doesn't seem logical to me.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: blobby
wow, how long did the mystery object take to sling shot round the black hole was time slowed down for the object as it slung shot round? or am i getting it all wrong with black holes slowing time down the nearer you get to them?
Contrary to MS time runs incredibly quickly near a BH, but the passage of time or time vector of say one hour is the same length as in our ref frame. So this gas cloud has taken an enormously long time indeed for the slingshot.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I've seen all this before on Interstellar. Old Mathew was able to survive the "black hole" danger quiet easily.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Can you give us an idea as to what potential ratios could exist?

edit on 8-4-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

As if ET has to worry about fuel or time.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Jeroenske

The problem with Aliens are numerous.

1. They are probably evolved from predators just like us.

2. It is very likely that they relate to 5 dimension (or more) the same way we are able to read.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Oh i'm sure they have their own problems i just think some of them have solved the fuel and time problems a long time ago.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join