It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Leaders Debate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

I agree with stumason, UKIP are anything but racist (in the majority), you do get the closet racists, but you get that with all the parties...just for some reason the media tends to highlight the rogues in UKIP more than others, at least UKIP get rid of them, not just slap them on the wrist and give them a pay rise like some others.

I am voting UKIP, I have never voted before....and yes, it started out as a protest vote, but after reading (some of) their policies, I think I am making the right decision.

People go on about how they are a one trick pony because they tend to focus on immigration and getting out of the EU... a lot of the other issues, as brought up in tonight's debate, are affected by this. The strain on the NHS, housing, benefit scroungers, jobs/zero hours contracts.....all this is affected by the surge in immigration that we as a country just cannot cope with.

UKIP aren't against immigration, just the sheer amount of people coming here and leeching off us......that doesn't include those who come here to genuinely work and contribute to the system, nor does it include people fleeing from terror.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Indeed - Some people at my work think I support UKIP because I always leap to their defence but that is because they are blatantly being unfairly treated by the media simply because they are threat to the establishment. Whether it is C4 and their deliberately inflammatory "documentaries", or the media looking for very UKIP candidate who's ever said something daft, it is totally out of balance.

As you said, they're are always councillors, candidates or even MP's of the other parties doing stupid crap, but it get's under reported, for example the recent arrest of several British Muslims trying to join up with IS had the son of a Labour Councillor from Rochdale as one of them - yet we are always told that the whole Rochdale mess had nothing to do with Islamic extremism or subverting British culture.

And you are right, they're not a one trick pony, they have other policies too, but the media just focus on their EU stance. recently, they are the only party to commit to the 2% GDP minimum spend on defence, as required by NATO. I would consider voting for them myself, but I rather like the idea of HS2 and they are against it, which bothers me as I think it is short sighted.

There is a gay guy at work here who, until I educated him, was convinced UKIP were anti-Gay, based solely on distorted media reports about what one crank said on the party fringe. There are Tories and Labour MP's who don't agree with Gay Marriage, but no one get's hyper about that! In fact, the chap I was speaking too had little idea about any of their policies (largely down to his own ignorance) other than the EU one.
edit on 2/4/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
I thought Megabland was going to cry at one point, he reminds me of a cartoon character, I'm not sure which one, but I keep thinking cheese for some reason.

CX.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

Bang on, absolutely bang on.

It was bugging me trying to work out what I was comparing him to subconsciously.

Cheers marra!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

It's also worth noting that the Media keep harping on about UKIP being a threat to the Tories when in actual fact, they pose a far, far bigger threat to Labour.

If you look at the polls, there is a direct link between UKIP's surge and Labours loss of the lead they had 2 years ago, whereas the Tories still gained (or held) the support they had even as UKIP was rising. Because Cameron has agreed to a referendum, much of the Tory support is happy to stay put and not jump ship.

Combine that with Labour refusing, point blank, to hold an EU referendum and the fact that many of the Labour's "core" vote is lower social status/working class people who are being squeezed out of lower end jobs by migrants and you have a toxic mix.

I think that is possibly why Labour have not publicly acknowledged the threat - to try and not fan the flames.

BBC Poll tracker - set to "whole parliament" and see Labour lose ground as UKIP rise
edit on 2/4/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

That is most probably correct.

The north has usually been a Labour dominated area, but more and more people I know are turning to UKIP. My family has always been Labour.

I think part of it is to do with the current situation, but, above that is the fact that most people are probably sick of the same old crap decade after decade, especially as you get further north.

People are screaming for change, whether UKIP, the Greens or whomever.

I say it's time to break the system and see what happens....it's either going to be the same, or maybe, for once, we might actually see the change we all want.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The ladies were by far the most credible options on offer last night.
I felt sorry for the Greens Bennett as she lacked confidence & personality & she looked like a middle aged woman to me not 'Hippy' in any way.
She raised the most important point of the whole programme for me;
we are in this dismal state because of past govs' poor policy & bad decisions (for the people they serve).
Keep blaming each other?
I don't want to hear that rubbish!
Tell me what you are going to do to make things better & how & who is going to pay for it.............please.
Both Scottish & Welsh reps were realistic in what they had to say.
Sadly they have no relevance to where I live.
Generally people do feel poorer, I mean 'Food Banks' UK 2015! WTF? To feed people who work & still can't make ends meet.
Garbage is a one trick donkey, all he could speak about was immigration relates to everything.....sheeesh!
The other three helmets were obviously coached & just like 'Priministers Question Time' lets score points coz we're on TV haha.
Millipead " the people at home" LMAO......creep.
Clugg "let me ask you Mr Cameon" FM mate you've been there for the past five years & you don't know?
As for Dave well he showed me what a self centered bell he really is. (I cant go into it, watch the prog. LOL)
If we really want genuine political change in the UK this election then we have to be brave & boycott the three main parties.
I know that wont happen but the coalition situation will be the future.
Too many options for us sheeple.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: babybunnies

Why do you think UKIP would go after anyone who is "not White or English".

Whilst not a UKIP supporter myself, it does grate me that they are always being accused of being "Nazis" or "racists" when they are anything but. I am sat next to a guy originally from Ghana (and darker than the night) who is a UKIP supporter...

Yeah, Whatever..Sure he's not just a UKIP supporter who's done up like a Black and White minstrel just for "a laugh"

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Indeed - Some people at my work think I support UKIP because I always leap to their defence but that is because they are blatantly being unfairly treated by the media simply because they are threat to the establishment. Whether it is C4 and their deliberately inflammatory "documentaries", or the media looking for very UKIP candidate who's ever said something daft, it is totally out of balance.

And all this from the guy who accused me of paranoia when i mentioned the blatant pro union biased Media campaign in the run up to the Independence referendum. pfffft. The truth hurts!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It was a really bad format and too many parties represented. It all just became a droning of political speech we hear everyday. I had to turn it off and go to bed

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

If you disagree with Stumason why don't you actually use reason and evidence to prove him wrong instead of resorting to childish insults.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: monkofmimir

If you disagree with Stumason why don't you actually use reason and evidence to prove him wrong instead of resorting to childish insults.

Another Stu fanboy...Stu's big and ugly enough to fight his own corner...Jog on.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It was everything I expected it to be , pointless and boring with prevetted questions posed by a lightweight presenter.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

So if I disagree with your actions that MUST mean I am kissing Stumasons backside!

That's some impressively black and white thinking you've got there.

However in reality it really irks me when someone mistakes insulting someone they disagree with for actually refuting their points.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The polls have Labour and Tories neck and neck. One poll will show Tories leading by a nose one day, then Labour's nose will be in front the next day. It's like an exact repeat of the run-up to last year's Scottish Yes/No vote, which I think was rigged.

I'm beginning to think this election is rigged too. And I think the Scottish vote last year was a successfully rigged test-run for this election.

We all know how government is infested with corruption, fraud, and other serious criminals and perverts, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that powerful wealthy criminals would consider rigging an election. I would say it's a very high probability.

The only way they can cover up and continue with their fraud crimes and perverted 'habits' with no consequences, is to make sure they stay in government. They have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
News thump may be satirical, but reading some of the post on here tells me a lot about the average UKIP supporter..Heartless, racist bigots.
Floating voter convinced by UKIP pledge to let immigrants die of Aids
edit on 3-4-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

I think it shows polls are just an indication how a small section of the populace feel at the time the poll is taken , opinions change like the weather.

At the moment I'm not going to vote but come polling day that may change , the thought of 5 more years of Cameron's smug mug on my screen every day may force me out to the polling station , I may not like Miliband but I dislike him less than Cam moron and his bunch of millionaire mates.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
New Friends.

Not Surprised as Nicola handed their collective arses on a plate last night.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Seemed to me that Farage was the only one shooting from the hip...so to speak.. and telling it as he sees it... truthful to what he believes.

The others were all just spouting the usual political spin. Boring party politics, trying to score points and dodging questions.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join