It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Starting--> Indiana Christian Pizzeria ATTACKED by gay lobby

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This was bound to happen soon enough.

All the press and emotional outrage surrounding the new Indiana "Religious Freedom" law has taken prisoners.

A pizza place has apparently said they wouldn't cater to a gay wedding if asked.

Apparently they were not really "asked", but asked "if".

An onslaught of hate calls and website hack attacks has forced the pizza place to close temporarily.

And it looks like somebody is raising money in the wake.

Wild Thing Freedom of Speech is.

Indiana Pizza Shop Gets Set Up By Local Reporter – Instantaneous National Moonbattery Ensues – *Update* Pizza Joint Forced To Close, GoFundMe In Action…..

The moonbattery has metastasized into a supernova of hatred. The intolerant leftists have shut down the mom and pop pizzeria with phone attacks and an on-line onslaught similar to Chick-Fil-A in 2012. Only this time the business is not a corporation it’s a family restaurant without the corporate resources.

You might have noticed an absolute apoplectic reaction to an article about an Indiana Pizza Shop, Memories Pizza, which is being sold as the “First business (restaurant) to publically deny service to same sex marriage”.

[video on the story]

The RIGHT STRIKES BACK!! Christian Pizzeria ATTACKED by gay lobby raises over $18k in 2 HOURS!

Crystal O’Connor co-owns a pizzeria in Indiana but they may close their doors permanently after being attacked for putting forth their Christian faith. When she said she would not cater a gay wedding, the shop’s website was hacked, their Yelp profile was plastered with insults and obscene pictures, and they even received death threats.

A supporter has begun a “GoFundMe” profile for the Pizzeria owners to help them weather the gay mafia storm, and they have so many people angry that they’ve received over $18,000 in donations in just two hours!

edit on Apr-02-2015 by xuenchen because: ;[__'-'__];"-";

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Over $44,000 now.

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I have been taking notes from your book.

This is an elaborate ploy from the Christian Right they say their web site and yelp was hacked if you believe that.

Sounds staged.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Over $44,000 now.

Crazy.

+42 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I own my own business and a sign is on the main door clearly announcing "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone." Been there 19 years and used on 3 clients for anger mamanagement issues.

Businesses should have the right to serve only who they want to. It might cause demise to the business but oh well, chance you take in business.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I have been taking notes from your book.

This is an elaborate ploy from the Christian Right they say their web site and yelp was hacked if you believe that.

Sounds staged.

Anything is possible.

Somebody should call the pizzeria tomorrow afternoon.

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I am a Christian but have nothing against gay's, that said I do have a religious and moral belief that gay marriage is wrong in and of itself, but then again I have no right to judge them and that also is of my faith as only Christ may pass judgement.

What this appears to be to me though is case of bigotry on the part of the gay community and religious oppression as well as discrimination against the company's owners religious belief's.

I have in the past heard Gay's refer to straight people as Breeder's in a disparaging manner.

The state was merely upholding what is in the US constitution for religious freedom, these gay activists therefore are actually now not fighting for equality but to remove a fundamental tenet of the US constitution and that being religious freedom and religious freedom of expression and bearing in mind the Monument of the forefathers those founding forefathers really only had branches of Christianity, agnosticism and Judaism in mind when they referred to religion in that constitution document and that can be argued to be a fact given that most of them were practicing Christians, that is a historical fact.

A law and therefore a constitution is not the word's on the paper whose interpretation can change over time as the wording and expression's gain new or alternative meaning but rather it is the spirit and purpose initially envisioned by those signatory's' that is the real constitution and I most definitely believe they would be on the side of the state in question and the business that is being targeted and they last thing they would be on the side of is the gay lobby on this matter (or any for that matter - sorry to rile anyone but that is a fact).

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I wonder what would happen if I opened the Obama Rainbow coalition gay and minority pizzeria and refused service to caucasian christians?

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

The death threat claims I assume are and certainly should be investigated and if true, hopefully the person responsible will be caught and prosecuted. As far as their website being defaced, that seems unlikely to drive them out of business in of itself and the negative Yelp reviews actually seems reasonable in my opinion.

I'm not going to waste too much time feeling bad for people who are trying to use religion as a free pass to deny other people their fundamental rights to be active participants in an open society with equal access to public accommodations. You don't think they realized that they would be facing a backlash when they decided to become the public face for the Christian Right's regressive pro-discrimination, anti-civil rights agenda?

They absolutely did and perhaps that's what they wanted.

Now they don't even have to make pizzas anymore. They've got their 15 minutes of fame and a GoFundMe page with donations pouring in. Seems like a pretty decent plan to become a paid martyr.

edit on 2015-4-2 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

They are going to get a ton more than that before this is all over I'm guessing and we will get to see how capitalism/free enterprise works.

They will either make enough to float over this rough patch, or they will fail because the people choose not to support them because of what they support.

Sink or swim time.
edit on 4/2/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Agreed, I was in retail security for many years and had to Ban many people to prevent theft or abuse of staff and property.

+35 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Getting taste of their own medicine .. they should suck it up and eat the losses their intolerance caused them rather than panhandling online from the public ... public shouldnt have to pay for the shop owners stupidity...
edit on 2/4/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/4/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/4/15 by Expat888 because: typo.. grr.. need another beer ..

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

No one would bat an eyelid, we are the minority today in our own nation's while the current generations claim to agnostic or are even ashamed to call themselves Christian for fear or peer pressure or being accused of bible bashing.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Don't get bitch slap by a gay person...not a pretty sight....

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Sounds staged.

I am sure it is.

From the article:

The story is complete nonsense. The restaurant was never asked to cater, nor did they deny a request to cater, any same-sex anything.

Nonsense indeed.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Good, this how it should be. I don't personally believe in more petty Government laws. But I do believe anyone who has the money to pay, 'morally' deserves a quality service. Anyone that refuses a quality services to paying customers should be shut down by efficient protest's by the community.

They can reek what they sowed, as far as I'm concerned

+9 more 
link   
Fighting intolerance with intolerance.

Oh boy, is it a great day to be human.

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: Bedlam

They're going to get a ton more than that before this is all over I'm guessing and we will get to see how capitalism works.

They will either make enough to float over this rough patch, or they will fail because the people choose not to support them.

That's the way it's supposed to work IMO.

Really, that's how free market capitalism works? A business owner pulling a publicity stunt to rake in donations from around the country? Maybe their competitors should start faking terminal illnesses?

Nothing like getting ahead through hard work, innovation and a bit of luck. Clearly a story that exemplifies free market ideals.

Oh no wait, on second thought it sounds a lot like the owners threw their own company under the bus and now want to be subsidized.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Anyone that refuses a quality services to paying customers should be shut down by efficient protest's by the community.

They can reek what they sowed, as far as I'm concerned

How about letting the "paying customers" decide with their wallets...?

Kind of simple one would think...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You are being disingenuous in your reply. You know well that the scenario is what I was speaking about and not this exact situation alone.

People should ALWAYS protest or support any business they choose for whatever reason they choose. ALWAYS. I certainly don't spend my money in places that crap on their customers. I take my money elsewhere and that's what everyone should do with a business they feel isn't treating them right or fairly.

That's EXACTLY the way it's supposed to work. When it works that way businesses either thrive or die by their own actions.

Let's not try to say that I said a business should scam the public and that is what capitalism is.

edit on 4/2/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join