It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to 30 injured in NYC building collapse

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Let's hope we can have a normal occurrence instead of the usual "Terrorism" angle before all the facts are in.

And I also hope we have absolutely no loss of life this time round. Too much these days.

Peace

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
Thats usually enough to let you know that something is happening. Whether that be a fire/accident/manhunt/disasters it just depends. I have to do my own searching to find out whats going on usually.

And yea thats public listeners.
This channel currently has 20k+ listeners atm.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Let's hope we can have a normal occurrence instead of the usual "Terrorism" angle before all the facts are in.

And I also hope we have absolutely no loss of life this time round. Too much these days.

Peace

For this area I would not think terrorism at all. If it were some major building/news office or something like that I would likely go straight to terrorism. This seems more like what the other posters earlier stated.....gas line.

Either way, pretty big news for a building to just collapse in NY.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
Thats usually enough to let you know that something is happening. Whether that be a fire/accident/manhunt/disasters it just depends. I have to do my own searching to find out whats going on usually.

And yea thats public listeners.
This channel currently has 20k+ listeners atm.

It went from 2500 to 20K+ that quick?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Scanner says the staging area is between 8th and 9th street on 2nd Ave.
edit on 26-3-2015 by Chickensalad because: lmbo

Down to 18k+ listeners now.

Nifty lil app really.
edit on 26-3-2015 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
a reply to: Excallibacca

I was thinking it was more likely gas lines disrupted inside the building from an unpermitted structural modification or something. Who knows what old ratty pipes are running inside the walls. Old capped stubs from yesteryear and that kind of thing.

Fair enough, I'm not knowledgeable in those areas. I don't like natural gas and only do electrical.

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
It wouldn't be a gas pipe in the street that has caused this. A building like this would require a large boiler or several smaller boilers, all of which is fed through 25mm to 50mm pipes which run through the building. If one of those ruptures or is in fact punctured, it only take a spark to set off an explosion.

Consider me educated.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Eh, why this building dont collapse in its own footprint like building 7 ?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
aint much left of it now

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xavi1000

Because it is a different type of structure form the ground up.

Modern cars don't crash like modern trucks, why? Because they have completely different structures that act as completely different structures.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This is sad. The stores in both of those buildings are pretty well populated. One of them is a sushi place called Sushi Park and the other is a specialty french fries shop called Pommes Frites. Both have 5 floors of residences on top of them.

Yes, both buildings are prewar.

Pretty much the whole of downtown Manhattan smells right now.

From what I'm hearing there's at least 1 victim deceased...

edit on Mar 26th 2015 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

the fire is on 2nd avenue and 7th street. I'm about 25 blocks north, and 5 avenues west. Distance wise, I'd say it's just short of 2 miles from here.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: xavi1000

Because it is a different type of structure form the ground up.

Modern cars don't crash like modern trucks, why? Because they have completely different structures that act as completely different structures.

Are you joking ?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Looking at the buildings and the road itself on Street View, I'd say not much has been done to the gas lines, water lines, or any other infrastructure in that area in awhile. The road looks torn to bits. I'd say if they were working on any pipes, they'd have to tear up the road and repave. I'm not an expert, though, and I'm also sure NY streets get beat up pretty quickly.

It says in the link that labourers have said they were working on gas lines in the building.

"A diner who was eating at the Sushi Park restaurant at 121 Second Ave. told cops he heard an explosion inside the kitchen there, and day laborers said they had been working on a gas line there, a source said."
edit on 26-3-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crakeur

the fire is on 2nd avenue and 7th street. I'm about 25 blocks north, and 5 avenues west. Distance wise, I'd say it's just short of 2 miles from here.

Do you know the building? As in been to it or by it? If so, what's your take on the cause of this? Gas?
edit on 3/26/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

Are you?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I saw somewhere that there was a work stoppage order in place, due to a gas leak.

My office, 20th floor, now reeks from the fire.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crakeur

I saw somewhere that there was a work stoppage order in place, due to a gas leak.

My office, 20th floor, now reeks from the fire.

Gotcha. Never seen a building fire or collapse in person myself. Crazy that there is so much smoke it is making your building stink 2 miles away And 20 floors up. Are you able to see it from your office at all? curious as to how many FDNY trucks responded with a 7 alarm fire.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: catt3
a reply to: xavi1000

Are you?

No, i was expecting smooth collapse with fires like this.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

over 200 firefighters is what they're reporting.

I've seen two buildings collapse and would rather I never see another again.

Can't see anything. There's a tall building across the street, blocking my view in that direction.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Very odd considering weather reports winds out of the Northwest in NYC.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join