It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 Dead Sea Lions Wash up In Calif.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i think the combination of the deepwater horizon and fukushima disasters have poisoned the sea. yes i know the sea is big. but this double whammy was devastating.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

There is no mention, anywhere, of 10,000 sea lions washing up dead on the shores of California.

HA, i already said that
Look at the second post i made, i think i found the source article all the blogs got a hold of.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Its more likely to be pollutants, apparently Alaskan Orcas, must be disposed of as toxic waste, were killing the seas as well as ourselves

Do you have a source for this factoid? I couldn't find one with der google.

V

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I can venture a good guess at what is causing the food shortage. How about our gluttonous asses fishing out the oceans for starters. There are virtually no ground fish left and I'm sure the other humanly edible species are getting there as well.

I was thinking about that very fact today as I was walking by the harbor in Eastport, Me and seeing how dead it was and thinking about how busy it used to be ( from old pictures )...when there were fish in the ocean. If I were ruling the earth I would make a law that you could only eat fish that you personally caught and you could only catch what you would eat that night. Yeah maybe you would have to take a trip to the coast to catch and eat fish if you wanted fish. But at least there would be plenty of fish in the ocean when you got there.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
There is only one plausible reason for this:

Revenge of the penguins...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Use some real studies to drive your points, and I think you'll get a lot further... for example, from The Proceeding of the National Academy of Sciences: ( Source - emphasis added)

Mass mortality events (MMEs) are rapidly occurring catastrophic demographic events that punctuate background mortality levels. Individual MMEs are staggering in their observed magnitude: removing more than 90% of a population, resulting in the death of more than a billion individuals, or producing 700 million tons of dead biomass in a single event. Despite extensive documentation of individual MMEs, we have no understanding of the major features characterizing the occurrence and magnitude of MMEs, their causes, or trends through time. Thus, no framework exists for contextualizing MMEs in the wake of ongoing global and regional perturbations to natural systems. Here we present an analysis of 727 published MMEs from across the globe, affecting 2,407 animal populations. We show that the magnitude of MMEs has been intensifying for birds, fishes, and marine invertebrates; invariant for mammals; and decreasing for reptiles and amphibians. These shifts in magnitude proved robust when we accounted for an increase in the occurrence of MMEs since 1940. However, it remains unclear whether the increase in the occurrence of MMEs represents a true pattern or simply a perceived increase. Regardless, the increase in MMEs appears to be associated with a rise in disease emergence, biotoxicity, and events produced by multiple interacting stressors, yet temporal trends in MME causes varied among taxa and may be associated with increased detectability. In addition, MMEs with the largest magnitudes were those that resulted from multiple stressors, starvation, and disease. These results advance our understanding of rare demographic processes and their relationship to global and regional perturbations to natural systems.

So... you are claiming that you are certain it is climate change, yet the scientists who study these systems say that it's multiple factors, none of which are directly associated to climate change in the study. It doesn't mean that changes in climate have no impact, and I'm not saying that.

But notice how it's birds, fish and marine invertebrates that have been impacted, but not mammals or reptiles or amphibians? That could be just a numbers game depending on the species, where some die offs just wouldn't be seen or recognized. Would you recognize if a billion ants died? What about a billion gnats? How is that different than birds or fish when they are all linked in the food chain and have repercussions?

You clearly acknowledge the facts that are convenient for your arguments, and carefully ignore the facts that remove your ability to justify or defend your position.

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne

originally posted by: Rezlooper
a reply to: Variable

And all these die offs were this week alone. And that was a quiet week compared to usual when there are anywhere from 15 to 20 die offs per week. Things are far from ALL GOOD but you keep telling yourself that.

Here's the why... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nice inadvertent plug for your book... again...

It is important to include and not cherry pick facts to support an agenda when trying to find truth.

Correlation is not causation, and all of your links have different explanations for why they occurred.

So it can't possibly be related to anything that you suspect, because it's in an artificial environment and because the researchers who study the species don't know why they are dying either.

Also, they started dying in November, not last week. Last week, they gave a status update of the second to last tuna showing up dead.

So, after that third doozie, I had to stop. You might want to consider going back and looking at your sources again, and perhaps re-consider some of the ones you are using in your posts.

Your explanation as to WHY this is all happening, points back to another post of yours, with more of the same.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing whether or not "something is wrong"... I'm just pointing out that whatever it may or may not be, you aren't doing a good job of convincing me of it.

~Namaste

lmao, a plug for my book. Well, according to you, then I should never post at all since my biggest cause is making people aware of an issue I passionately believe in

Secondly, the point of my post is to show things are not all good no matter what lame excuses they lay out for you. Prior to 2012, the average daily world die off was .5 and now thats near 2.5 per day, regardless of the causes which range from disease, lack of oxygen, algae blooms or warming waters, it all comes back to the same thing...climate change.

Rez... I like your posts, and I appreciate the awareness you bring to the table...

My issue is with what you lay out as "evidence" supporting your statement. A quick fact check on your sources show that you are stating incorrect and inaccurate dates for events and linking sources as "climate change facts" that have absolutely no relationship to climate change, AT ALL. (Tuna link?)

Therefore, I have to lay doubt to everything else you are claiming. If you are only 50% accurate in your statements, then I will probably not believe 50% of what you post, and most people will feel the same. Most of what you've sourced is just catchy headlines thrown together to make climate change out to be the cause of things that is PURELY SPECULATION.

You can't say that Tuna's, that are dying in a tank in an aquarium where they are being studied in isolation from their natural habitat, are dying from CLIMATE CHANGE.

It just doesn't make sense. I don't disagree with whether or not the die offs are occurring, but if you really stop blaming climate change and look at the actual reasons and facts, you'll find that most of the things you blame on climate change can be traced back to very natural and reoccurring cycles, even if those cycles are climate related cycles like the Pacific Oscillation or El Nino.

Animals die all the time, and there have been massive die offs for a very long time, some on record going back to the 1800s before the Industrial Revolution began, others going back to the 1700s, such as the written accounts of red tides, and Aristotle wrote about why whales were beaching themselves in mass almost 400 years before Christ... but I suppose you're going to say that it was also climate change back then and nobody knew it?

~Namaste
edit on 27-3-2015 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2015 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: w8tn4it
The trouble with tribulation is that nobody (except the awakened) will see it happen right before their eyes! We are in the end times.

If nobody sees it then what is the point of it happening !!!

We may be in an end of something, but it sure will be MOST surprising to those who believe in the religious stories!!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: w8tn4it

Well if we're in the end times why are you still here if you're one of the awakened?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Variable
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

There is no mention, anywhere, of 10,000 sea lions washing up dead on the shores of California.

HA, i already said that
Look at the second post i made, i think i found the source article all the blogs got a hold of.

The source article did not come from one source - that is why it was a collection of quotes from Coast News,
KABC, NY Times, Sacramento Bee, LA Daily News, Marine Mammal Center, CBS Los Angeles (not blogs).

This is why it could seem confusing - because they each approached the phenomenon from a different angle, and interviewed different individuals. (like one interviewed a woman who was choosing, of her own accord, to bury sealion carcasses herself each day, rather than have them incinerated, as the authorities would do).

I have agreed that the title left itself open to misinterpretation if the reader was not careful, but let's not get carried away... it does NOT say 10,000 dead sealions wash up on California shores "all at one time", or "in the same day".

I accept responsibility for not having pointed that out in the OP, for those who might read without paying careful attention, but geez, let's not blame everyone else when we read quickly, don't pay attention to detail, and add in things that were not there!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Yes, because of the Sun

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Animals die all the time, and there have been massive die offs for a very long time, some on record going back to the 1800s before the Industrial Revolution began, others going back to the 1700s, such as the written accounts of red tides, and Aristotle wrote about why whales were beaching themselves in mass almost 400 years before Christ... but I suppose you're going to say that it was also climate change back then and nobody knew it?

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Just a guess but it could be underwater secret wars. . . .

Also sea lions can be trained to hunt subs and ships. . . .

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

True, I agree 100%.

Touché my friend!

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Three simple ideas come to mind: 1. the humans have polluted the ocean. 2. New diseases are emerging from pollution and warmer seas. 3. We are next. Karma.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

In my opinion the whole climate change is one big conspiracy... About sea lions...It's sad that they have to pay with their lives, becuse something that a mankind has produced.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It's all the cow farts being dumped into the ocean, that and I may have had crab cakes, milk and broccoli for dinner and then went swimming....and you guessed it, yup, more gas.

On a serious note...much of what's going on is speculation. Mixture of pop science, paid budgets, agenda and public scare tactics.

It's a bad mix at best.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join