It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Co-Pilot intentional crashed plane. Co Pilot Named

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

They do a lot of weather and flight plan data as well as health monitoring through out the flight. But the autopilot isn't a vital system.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: LA1IMPALA

Then how was a Delta pilot alone in the cockpit this year? The Captain was locked out and they made a preventive landing because of it.

i don't know how or why Delta got by, but i think it is a rule. there maybe some exemptions.

here maybe this will explain it, here is just one, i've seen reference to other regulations. this has to do with exemptions.

2) Unless an air carrier has FAA-approved procedures under § 121.587(b), the flight deck door must remain closed during flight time. In order to operate the flight deck door during flight time and permit flight deck access by persons authorized in accordance with § 121.547, part 121 certificate holders must develop and use FAA-approved procedures regarding the opening, closing, and locking of the flight deck door. These FAA‑approved procedures should be included in the operators’ operations and F/A manuals. Additionally, § 121.313 requires any associated signal or identity confirmation system to be easily detectible and operable by each flightcrew member from his or her duty station. To meet security needs of accomplishing an audio and visual identification, one person on the flight deck is required to visually identify the person seeking access through the viewing port or viewing device.

and then section f

f) Procedures for two person flightcrews, when one flightcrew member leaves the flight deck (i.e., a F/A must lock the door and remain on the flight deck until the flightcrew member returns to his or her station).

above quotes come from here. Volume 3 GENERAL TECHNICAL ADMINISTRATION CHAPTER 2 EXEMPTIONS, DEVIATIONS, WAIVERS, AND AUTHORIZATIONS

like i said there maybe some,EXEMPTIONS or FAA-Approved Procedures that allow for just one on the flight deck. it certainly looks like a reg to me.

and according to this, they don't give them unless it can be proven to be done safely.

B. Rules for Which Exemptions are Inappropriate.
Normally, the FAA does not issue exemptions from rules in which deviation authority is specifically provided. For example, 14 CFR part 91, § 91.903 provides that a Certificate of Waiver authorizing the operation of an aircraft in deviation of part 91 subpart B may be issued if the Administrator finds that the proposed operation can be safely conducted under the terms of the waiver.

edit on 28-3-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

It is a regulation. But the airlines were allowed to use their own regulations as long as it was approved by the FAA. If it wasn't they had to use the FAA regulations.

So the airline regulation could be that if one pilot leaves the flight deck, a second crew member must be on the fight deck within a minute or two minutes, or whatever time frame. That meets the FAA requirement.
edit on 3/28/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thank you for clearing that up.

They're saying on pprune that the raw data from the transponder clearly shows intentional reprogramming of the autopilot from 38000 to 96 ft. Is that right do you think? The data means nothing to me. Thank you in advance.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: paradisepurple

I trust the guys on PPRUNE, but people on here that fly for a living and are more knowledgeable about some things than I am agree with me that something is really off here, including that altitude reset from the CVR.

And now convenient details about the First Officer that fit their story are coming out.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Anybody catch the new news yet? The claims are now that his girlfriend dumped him the day before the crash.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Thank you. So that altitude reset could be 'fake', for use of a better word?

Yes, I agree, the FO has been literally hung, drawn and quartered by the media and there is something very wrong about that, at this early stage.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

It could be.

The fastest I've ever seen a cause released was the ATR that crashed recently. They had radio data, FDR data, and CVR data that all matched up. And it was still several days before they released it. Not within the first 24 hours.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
Anybody catch the new news yet? The claims are now that his girlfriend dumped him the day before the crash.

I would take everything the media is saying with a very large pinch of salt right now.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

His girlfriend also said he told her he was going to "do something huge", and she didn't tell anyone.

Supposedly. They've also tied him to Muslims, claiming he converted to Islam.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Was that the one that was seen to hit a taxi before crashing into the river?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Yeah. The crew shut down the wrong engine after a problem developed with an engine on takeoff.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Even BILD has not reported such thing yet and they are very quickly with reporting rumours. The German papers are more on the "Did he suffer from a psychosomatic sickness?" right now.

But the French investigator today said, they still don't exclude technical problems.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Is it possible that because they only have the CVR content to go on, that's how they've come to and released their conclusion so early? Assuming of course that the content of the CVR is what they say it is.. I have a nagging feeling that it isn't....

Can I also ask, regarding the FDR memory chip being 'lost'. Have you ever heard of that happening before?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Some of the sounds that they say it picked up don't make sense though. Like him breathing. Short of his headset being up around his nose I don't recall a CVR picking up normal breathing.

As for the missing memory module, I've heard of them being damaged, and destroyed. Missing? Once? Twice?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: paradisepurple

Zaphod, frankly it’s freaking me out that I keep seeing you doubting the OS.

You mentioned that they could not know some of the technical details without access to the FDR. Is it possible they got it from Flightradar24?

forum.flightradar24.com...

Flightradar won't tell if the auto alt has been adjusted and I refuse to believe they managed to glean that info from "noises" on the CVR. I've personally heard CVR recordings from routine flights (usually one of the crew said something stupid they wanted us to hear) and the quality is nothing short of shockingly bad. A small caveat to that, I deal with military aircraft.

Mode A and C transponder interrogation only contains ident and altitude data, nothing else. Mode S will only confirm ident through a 24 bit code and the aircraft's callsign, again, nothing else. I have searched for the build manifest on this particular aircraft to see if it had ADS-B fitted but no luck. It's doubtful though, this particular aircraft has never left Europe and it is not a requirement in any European airspace.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PW229

Thanks for the insight. You mention the poor quality of CVR recordings, did you listen to the video that was uploaded (now removed) here a couple of days ago? If so what did you make of it? I'm still wondering if it was actually a hoax or not.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The CVR recordings are usually listened to by a team of people who listen to it multiple times. They each have to agree on what was said if there is a question about it.

I'm twitchy about that recording. If it's real, it proves they're lying. I couldn't listen to it, but almost every comment included the bad quality. But the investigators said they could hear him breathing normally.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I always do. Did you notice I use the word claims?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Siddharta

I made the statement because that was one of my first thoughts after the claims of depression rolled out. Like I said I use the word claims, because the story was on Fox and the supposed claim came when referencing his girlfriend of seven years.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join