It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza, an open air prison.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Recently, a Portuguese television network went to the little Gaza strip, for a report about the daily life and misery of the Palestinians, after the last summer’s war combined with the imprisonment they are at.

The news story, aired last Thursday in prime time, gave an insight on what’s happening there and somehow, it made us question how this open air prison goes on as reality that everyone seems to neglect.

The 30 minute report starts with the description of the cage where about 2 million people live. Then it describes how the last conflict started, with the kidnap and death of three Israeli kids and the Palestinian boy that was burned alive in retaliation by Israel.

It goes to the bombing of 8 Palestinian kids, playing soccer at the beach, by the Israel military forces. It listens to the family’s victims and how they live their lives.

It gives some impressive numbers about the fifty day military assault on the Palestinian civilians.

Gives us an insight by a Palestinian pacifist since he was born in an occupied land. It gives some clues about the six day war, and explores how important Palestinian infrastructures were destroyed, in the last 20 years.

The news report listens also to a rapper, from an artist perspective, about how it is to live in imprisonment all their lives.

Goes to listen a perspective of a former Knesset member, Uri Avnery, known to have cross the Beirut siege in 1982, to meet with Yasser Arafat. It was the first time that a Palestinian leader met with an Israeli.

Details also the livelihood of Gaza citizen’s, without any fun parks, no zoo’s, no sport infrastructures, crippled water, sewage and electrical system. Unemployment at 50% rate, poor medical facilities, no housing, scarce medication and food … a vast list of sufferings, yet, they resist, without any solid outside support.

It also exposes the reality UN powerless mission (UNRWA).

At this report, we can also ear, on the first person, an impressive description how Israeli military forces goes around bulling Palestinians in their own land. It’s a powerful testimony that must be listened to.

The former Israeli military Sargent has joined activist organization, called Breaking the Silence, a platform that collects Israeli soldiers testimony’s that served in Gaza and West Bank. It was created 11 years ago by war veterans. The organization primary objective is to end the Israeli occupation on the Palestinian lands.

The article doesn’t go on covering the base of the problem. The theft of land, since it was planned by the Zionist’s and came to effectiveness with the economic partition plan, from the UN, in 1947. It only gives a brief historical perspective of the three Israeli wars, against the people of Palestine, in the last six years.

It misses also the violations of International Law: The Geneva conventions (forbids the acquisition of territory by war) and other violations (as human rights), not to mention several other violations of United Nations Security Council Resolutions, since 1948, and every War crimes from the last decades as all the Genocidal actions.

I will leave it to you guys.
Note: You can watch also at vimeo. And in case of you tube problems you can watch at the source, without any translations.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

It is difficult to build infrastructure when the terrorist leaders utilize all the cement and manpower to build tunnels

"Instead of building reservoirs for water or kindergartens, Hamas is investing in tunnels. Something is going wrong in the management of these materials."

www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

Newsweek: Plans to Rebuild Gaza Keep Getting Undermined
www.newsweek.com...

Plans to Rebuild Gaza Keep Getting Undermined
By Benny Avni / November 3, 2014 10:15 AM EST

The rulers of Gaza are not helping. While international donors and the Israelis are insisting that building materials like concrete and steel should be used only for building houses, Hamas’s spokesmen are promising that they will rebuild the attack tunnels under Israeli territory that Israeli troops battled to destroy during the summer’s 50-day war.

It is a bit difficult to build anything when the terrorist government wants to divert all the aid to their never ending war effort.

Gaza is not only penned in by Israel. Egypt is reacting harshly to a car bombing on October 24 that killed at least 33 Egyptian troops in a northern Sinai town close to Gaza. Blaming Gaza radicals who cooperated with Sinai jihadists to perpetrate the terror attack, Egypt has completely shut the border crossing with Gaza at Rafah, the Palestinian town that straddles the Gaza and Egypt border. The Egyptian authorities gave Rafah residents just a few hours to pack up all their belongings and evacuate their homes before the bulldozers moved in. Nearly 900 Rafah homes have so far been razed as part of Egypt’s plan to create a security buffer zone between Sinai and the Gaza Strip, with deep ditches filled with water to prevent the building of smuggling tunnels under the border.

edit on 24-3-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You do know that the border was open at one point on the Israeli side right?

The Arab borders were always closed.

They had almost free movement inside isreal.

The many many bombings attacks etc over years forced isreal just like the Arab countries, to close it.

One can only get so much abuse before they are forced to do what is necessary to protect themselves.

Blame the Palestinians.

It is their fault nobody in the entire region wants anything to do with them.

It isnt only isreal, none of the Arab nations want them around either.

They are just flat out trouble.

Best left amongst themselves.
edit on 24-3-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
You are correct. You can carry what you said out to most everything in day-day life in Gaza. The Palestinian people are suffering not due to themselves , but due to their so-called leaders. Is it a prison ? No. They can leave if they are so mind to . The problem is they look to their leaders to do exactly what they are doing. The never ending closed loop .

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
You are correct. You can carry what you said out to most everything in day-day life in Gaza. The Palestinian people are suffering not due to themselves , but due to their so-called leaders. Is it a prison ? No. They can leave if they are so mind to . The problem is they look to their leaders to do exactly what they are doing. The never ending closed loop .

I agree.

They want the problems and wars.

If they didn't things would change.

Or at the least their leaders.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I can never figure out how people are able to watch 30 plus minutes of video in 20 minutes or less.

I will have to figure that trick out one day.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Perhaps there are well-informed people that really dont need to see the entire videos to get the gist of them . See , no tricks there .

edit on 24-3-2015 by here4this because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
In relation to the above poster's, you all lack of respect (with the exception of Grimpachi). The video haves 34 minutes and yet, not even 20 minutes later, here you are...

I will not even try to counter argument what was said. You simple jumped on to the derail and misinformation.

One thing I will assure to everyone of you: The truth will not stay in the dark.
edit on 24/3/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Just when Palestine starts to rise Hamas/Iran makes sure it get destroyed so as to insure more propaganda as demonstrated by this small documentary.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
In relation to the above poster's, you all lack of respect (with the exception of Grimpachi). The video haves 34 minutes and yet, not even 20 minutes later, here you are...

I will not even try to counter argument what was said. You simple jumped on to the derail and misinformation.

One thing I will assure to everyone of you: The truth will not stay in the dark.

Oh, but please counter argue
I for one would like to hear it. Nothing I posted is misinformation.

Hamas is a terrorist organization and sucks up the peoples resources and aid to continue their terrorist war activities. Those activities have consequences in the form of blockades and related ban on materials THEY HAVE PROUDLY ADMITTED that they will continue to use for war purposes and not homes, schools, hospitals, or related infrastructure.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

are you implying that people have pre formed opinions about something and do not factor in the new information?
blasphemy!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I've often wondered why, with a population of only 2Million, Obama didn't just grant them refugee status and visa's to immigrate to the US. They would be easy to move out to places like Detroit, Flint, Minneapolis, etc. where they've relocated Somali refugees. And the cultural reference points, like schools, Mosques, etc. have already been built.

Seems like the perfect solution to an ongoing humanitarian crisis.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I've often wondered why, with a population of only 2Million, Obama didn't just grant them refugee status and visa's to immigrate to the US. They would be easy to move out to places like Detroit, Flint, Minneapolis, etc. where they've relocated Somali refugees. And the cultural reference points, like schools, Mosques, etc. have already been built.

Seems like the perfect solution to an ongoing humanitarian crisis.

LOL,

Really,

I think anyone with that idea should open their houses and town right on up (and not move later, and keep your kids in public shool).

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Yah, good. Blame the victims for what gets done to them.

Kidnapped, displaced, imprisoned, their neighborhoods bombed, its all their damn fault.

Waiting for the next puny piss and sugar bottle rock to fizz out in the sky over Gaza to justify a whole 'nother campaign to eradicate whatevers left.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Thanks for doing your part to expose it. I see right through the early posts, too.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It saddens me that some people are just plain ignorant and are quick to defend apartheid.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yah, good. Blame the victims for what gets done to them.

Kidnapped, displaced, imprisoned, their neighborhoods bombed, its all their damn fault.

Waiting for the next puny piss and sugar bottle rock to fizz out in the sky over Gaza to justify a whole 'nother campaign to eradicate whatevers left.

I don't blame the victims... the common man, I blame the terrorist organization Hamas who kills any Palestinians who oppose them and use the people as cannon fodder and martyrs for sympathy.

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...

"Hamas did kill protesters, no doubt about that. But we could not confirm how many were actually killed. If I have to guess, the number was more than reported. I am confident that not all of the 21 men Hamas killed on August 22 were collaborating with Israel. Hamas killed those men because it was weakened by Israel's attacks and felt endangered. So it went on a 'Salem Witch-Hunt.' They arrested everyone who opposed them and had to make a few examples to scare people from standing against Hamas. Hamas's tactic worked. Now Gazans are afraid to talk against Hamas even in front of their own family members.

Gazans are probably afraid to criticize Hamas even in their sleep!" As already reported by the award-winning journalist, Khaled Abu Toameh, Hamas killed one of its leaders, Ayman Taha, and blamed Israel for it. Asked about Abu Toameh's report, S., a Gazan political activist said:

"Taha was already in Hamas's jail before Israeli operations started. Hamas imprisoned him and tortured him because he was critical of its radical policies. He had warned Hamas not to cooperate with Qatar and Iran. Eye-witnesses said they saw Hamas militants bring him alive into the yard of Shifa hospital in Gaza and shoot him dead. They kept mutilating his body in front of viewers and little children and left it on the hospital's yard for a few hours before allowing the staff to take it to the morgue."

A., a Fatah member in Gaza, spoke over Skype -- fearful that Hamas was intercepting phone lines:
"Even before the Israeli operation began, Hamas rounded up 400 of our members and other political-opposition figures. I would not be surprised if Hamas kills them all and then claims they were killed in an Israeli bombing. Hamas already beheaded a man known for opposing its views on the 22nd day of the war, then reported on its Facebook page that he was caught sending intelligence information to Israel. If Hamas does not like you for any reason, all they have to do now is claim you are a Mossad agent and kill you."

S. a medical worker, said:
"The Israeli army sends warnings to people [Gazans] to evacuate buildings before an attack. The Israelis either call or send a text message. Sometimes they call several times to make sure everyone has been evacuated. Hamas's strict policy, though, was not to allow us to evacuate. Many people got killed, locked inside their homes by Hamas militants. Hamas's official Al-Quds TV regularly issued warnings to Gazans not to evacuate their homes. Hamas militants would block the exits to the places residents were asked to evacuate. In the Shijaiya area, people received warnings from the Israelis and tried to evacuate the area, but Hamas militants blocked the exits and ordered people to return to their homes. Some of the people had no choice but to run towards the Israelis and ask for protection for their families. Hamas shot some of those people as they were running; the rest were forced to return to their homes and get bombed. This is how the Shijaiya massacre happened. More than 100 people were killed."

Another Gazan journalist, D., said:
"Hamas fired rockets from next to homes. Hamas was running from one home to another. Hamas lied when it claimed it was shooting from non-populated areas. To make things even worse for us, Hamas would fire from the balconies of homes and try to drag the Israelis into door-to-door battles and street-to-street fights -- a death sentence for all the civilians here. They would fire rockets and then run away quickly, leaving us to face Israeli bombs for what they did. They are cowards. If Hamas militants are not afraid of dying, why do they run after they fire rockets from our homes? Why don't they stay and die with us? Are they afraid to die and go to heaven? Isn't that what they claim they wish?"

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I don't blame the victims… the common man, I blame the terrorist organization Hamas who kills any Palestinians who oppose them and use the people as cannon fodder and martyrs for sympathy.

Thats the excuse used, I know. Overall used as distraction from the real picture; Gaza (instead of Palestine), and a prison (instead of a country).

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Which begs the question, why is it Israel gets accused of maintaining an open air prison when they have how many countries on the Arab side who have closed borders?

Why wont they allow the Palestinians free movement from their side? They are Muslims too?

Yet Israel gets all the blame despite the fact that they once had free movement until Palestine started sending in droves of suicide bombers to wreak havok...

You come into my house and start breaking my stuff im going to lock my doors to you too......

Why arent the Arabs on the other side just as culpable? Why are they so weary of Palestine and Hamas that they would shut them out?

To the OP and Grimpachi, ive seen this video before, as im sure other people have, to think you're the first to post it and immediately throw out anyone's counter response isnt indicative of wanting to have an honest discussion....

The points raised in this thread have validity whether you wish to acknowledge them or not

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Don't pop their hate of Israel balloon. Common Sense and Reality have nothing to do with their Israel hate fest. They usually don't get people who actually hit them in the face with reality often.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join