It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Came First, Man Or The Universe? (Dare to believe!)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
in principal i like the idea, i mean when you look at how everything "fits" you kinda get the sense that it was all planned.
Buuuuuuuuut
what is it, 70% of the planet is made out of water. I can't live there. that means in a planet designed specifically with me in mind i only get to enjoy 30% of it. someone fire that architect!
As much as there is a poetic beauty to thinking the universe was designed with us in mind...i mean i look up at the stars at night very often and just look at the show and think "man, something this beautiful just can't be here by chance!"
Maybe that's the BIG secret, what makes us so special: that we are able to find beauty in a universe that is for the most part hostile, and maybe indifferent.
We romance it like we would a woman we can never have.
And oddly, i'm fine with that.

It may be hostile to us but it gives life to trillions of other beings. Maybe that is the point because it is not all about humans? Aren't the tiny organisms that live in the dust and the dirt important? The salps in the oceans that clean up our sh*t. The worms that create our live-giving soil when they poo. The microorganisms - who says they are not as important as the humans? The world and the universe are perfectly designed for ALL kinds of life to thrive

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Those are all guesses based on a optimism. I am, however, a realistic and try to look at the direction the evidence takes us. Right now, all evidence we have for rational thought shows that it leads to violent tendencies. Even now in a world with more freedom than ever, we still have people acting out and being violent.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

originally posted by: Abednego

That can be interpreted as stardust - as we are all made of this anyway as is everything else.
Magic dust!

From Sophia of Jesus:
The perfect Savior said: "Whoever has ears to hear, let him hear. First Begetter Father is called 'Adam, Eye of Light,' because he came from shining Light (stardust?), and his holy angels, who are ineffable (and) shadowless, ever rejoice with joy in their reflecting, which they received from their Father.

The bolded text is mine.
edit on 27-3-2015 by Abednego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

Light isn't star dust. Light is radiation that emits from very energetic events.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Abednego

Light isn't star dust. Light is radiation that emits from very energetic events.

actu.epfl.ch...

Light can be a particle too.
So we can say that light can be matter. That could explain ghosts, angels and others spiritual beings.
edit on 27-3-2015 by Abednego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Those are all guesses based on a optimism. I am, however, a realistic and try to look at the direction the evidence takes us. Right now, all evidence we have for rational thought shows that it leads to violent tendencies. Even now in a world with more freedom than ever, we still have people acting out and being violent.

Nah, violent impulses lead to violence. There are far more nonviolent people than people acting through violence. Otherwise every person would be constantly fighting every child, woman, neighbor, friend, or foe. But obviously that doesn't happen. So obviously violent impulse are an exception, not the norm. And since it's self-destructive, I imagine that our genomes will eventually reject the causes of it. Then, Homo Communalist will evolve.

I notice you still didn't address my examples of how our special skill set makes us special. I was actually curious to see how you would reply.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I view our special skill set as just winning the evolutionary lotto. So far it is the best mutation to ever come out of evolution since it allows for adaptation of all instances.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I view our special skill set as just winning the evolutionary lotto. So far it is the best mutation to ever come out of evolution since it allows for adaptation of all instances.

LOL Then wouldn't that mean we're special?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Do you consider people born into wealth special for winning the parents lottery?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Do you consider people born into wealth special for winning the parents lottery?

Not to sound rude but I think you're going in circles here. Our interactions about humans being "special" started with your post where you stated:

Your argument is just a rehash of the standard religious idea that humans are special in a universe that says overwhelmingly that we aren't special. It is just an egotistical look at our species.

Then I replied in my post:

However, humans are definitely special. Of all the millions or billions of species to have ever lived on our planet, how many are able to grasp physics and the creation of our universe? Our capacity to learn & constantly improve what we learn is absolutely special.

Fast forward to your 2nd to last post where you stated:

Now look at that. Not only do you refer to our skill set as "special", but you even refer to it as "the best mutation". How can something have the best mutation and a special skill set and not be special? Like I said in an earlier post:

Special doesn't mean omniscient, omnipotent, or infallible. I believe all lifeforms are special in their own ways, and there are many species that have incredible skill sets. But to deny the special & unique skill set of humans is preposterous.

And your post seemed to agree with that.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I'm TRYING to get you to see that we aren't special. We are just lucky.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I'm TRYING to get you to see that we aren't special. We are just lucky.

Then I respectfully disagree. Although you did specifically state that our skill set is special and that we have the best mutation. And I'm not sure what being special or non-special has to do with luck. Unless you're saying we're special because of luck and not special because of merit?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join