It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire family attacks police officers at WalMart - One family member dead..Breaking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yes we need more info, and what is the "family". I cannot imagine a whole family deciding to take on 8 police officers, after a Walmart incident?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Wait... isn't K-Mart the one with the blue light special? Or did Walmart co-opt that, too?

Sorry, been a few decades since visiting AnyMarts...

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Anyafaj

Excuse me, but did you read the same report I did?

The officers were ATTACKED. The report made no mention of them coming under immediate FIRE, and that is a distinction of some significant importance. If the police came under fire immediately that their cruisers arrived, then the reportage fails to say as much.

You can attack an LEO by them perceivimg that you're yelling at them. Ugh spin.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Well they can't say it was a "crazed loner"...anyway

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Well, horrid though it is to say, this would not be the first time I had heard of an entire family getting into a physical confrontation with police, although this is the first time I have heard of such a thing having lethal results.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I am dumbfounded.

An entire family unit? The report says that the officers who responded to the initial call were immediately set upon by members of the family. Are we to assume that no orders were issued by the officers previous to their coming under attack, such was the immediacy of the assault on their persons? And with regard to the officer with the gunshot wound, I wonder if they were shot with their own weapon, another officers weapon, or a weapon belonging to one of the suspects?

I would be the first to question any lethal response by law enforcement to a fracas, but if the reportage available thus far is anything to go by, I cannot say the same in this instance. Of course, more data will no doubt be forthcoming on this incident, and I would dearly love to examine whatever further information comes to light. I get the feeling that this is a little too fresh to get a good read on, as incidents go.

I have seen family units behave with a terrifying cohesion, and once heard a mother screaming at another woman, while punching her repeatedly in the face, "I DON'T GIVE A ****, MY SON IS PERFECT!" . This was after a playground altercation in which the mothers boy had just shattered the bones in another kids wrist, for fun. Everyone saw it, everyone knew her son was a wrong'un, and yet when challenged on the issue and told to learn how to raise children properly (fair bloody comment if you ask me) she flipped out and backed her little sociopath to the hilt.

It is POSSIBLE that this situation may have had similar origins to a degree, a family knit together by such loyalty that they would rather escalate a situation in order to save face, than admit fault on their part, or on the part of any single individual within the group. I would imagine that this sort of solidarity would have meant that any threat to the group would have been responded to with total commitment. But again, this is too fresh to get a good read on, and so this is all speculation.

As I said... We need more on this issue.

They had just attacked a female employee inside of Walmart. A Loss Prevention Officer had assisted the cops and got a broken arm for his troubles. My guess is this family was caught trying to steal something and was kicked out, assaulting the woman in the process. The store probably called the cops on the assault to make a report, when the family opened fire on the cops upon their arrival. The cops have asked Arizona Department of Public Safety to handle the investigation, my guess so there's no question of bias.

What’s known, according to the Arizona Department of Public Safety statement released by spokesman Raul Garcia, is that someone at the store called the Cottonwood Police Department a few minutes before midnight Saturday to report that a woman who worked at Walmart “had been assaulted in the store by multiple suspects.”

The suspects were in the parking lot when police responded, and they immediately attacked the officers, the DPS statement said. Two suspects were shot, one in the abdomen and one fatally, while one of the suspects shot a Cottonwood officer in the leg, according to DPS.

Seven other suspects were taken into custody, the statement said, and “a total of eight officers and another (Walmart) employee were assaulted in the parking lot during the fight. Seven of those officers sustained minor injuries to include lacerations and bruising.”

The Walmart employee, who was a loss prevention officer, had a broken arm, Graves said.

Source

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

The officers were ATTACKED...

You know, the image that first came to mind was something set to "Kung Fu Fighting", but I couldn't find a cop video with that as the background music.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: Bedlam

Wait... isn't K-Mart the one with the blue light special? Or did Walmart co-opt that, too?

Sorry, been a few decades since visiting AnyMarts...

I'm pretty sure you're right. But the image of crazed walmartians going after a cop car because the blue lights were on was too hard to pass by.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Excuse me, but did you read the same report I did?

The officers were ATTACKED. The report made no mention of them coming under immediate FIRE, and that is a distinction of some significant importance. If the police came under fire immediately that their cruisers arrived, then the reportage fails to say as much.

I've read different websites, most say attacked, a few said under fire. If I'm wrong, I'll happy admit error. You know me. I admit my mistakes. I'll amend to attacked until I see more, how's that?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Well... Just so that we understand each other then...

By attack, I take the report to mean, that the officers came under physical assault immediately after deploying from their vehicles and approaching the situation. If they had been under fire from the moment they pulled up, the reporter would have stated such, because that sort of story attracts readers like turds attract flies.

If it turns out that the most serious thing that happened to the police, before one of their number was shot of course, was a severe tongue lashing, then that would put a whole other light on the subject.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Lol

The police will learn sooner or later there's just some people you don't mess with.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Could you provide some links to other reportage on this issue?

I only ask, because if the officers were under fire from the moment they arrived, that puts an entirely different complexion on the scenario.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Could you provide some links to other reportage on this issue?

I only ask, because if the officers were under fire from the moment they arrived, that puts an entirely different complexion on the scenario.

Let me go looking again, hold on. (I cleared my history earlier my laptop has been wonky lately.)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Oh I know the feeling!

I need to spring clean my laptop, probably using grenades of some kind!

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

i take it that there was a fight over one of the cops gun. one suspect dead, one shot in the gut, cop shot in the leg, three shots fired and all accounted for.
here is another report.

can't post a quote so here's the link.

Brawl with police outside Arizona Wal-Mart leads to 1 suspect dead, 1 officer wounded

edit on 22-3-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: changed arm to leg

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I see.

So as the first report in this thread attests, the officers came under physical assault immediately after arriving. Also, there was a struggle for an officers gun, and an officer was shot, as were two members of the group who started this whole mess.

This fills in some of the physical facts of the case. What it does not explain, probably because of a lack of data, is who the hell are these people who attacked armed officers barehanded, and after an altercation at a Walmart no less?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

here is another report, i find it funny people camping out in the walmart packing lots in az.

The suspects had been staying in a Suburban vehicle for at least four days in the parking lot, according to a man camping out in an RV in the parking lot. The man would not give his name.
The man said he looked out of his RV's window after the brawl and shootout woke him up Saturday night. He heard screaming and saw people running around and firing guns.
Last week, the suspects were playing guitar near the entrance to the parking lot trying to make money and had a piece of cardboard with a Bible verse written on it , according to the man.
Cotton wood Walmart brawl leaves 1 dead, officer shot

and it looks as if bedlam was right. a bunch of whacko's.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Greathouse
I could be wrong but when I read about the Idaho tags. My first thought was survivalists or a family living off the grid maybe even freeman movement.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Not only is it full of survivalists, it's a hot bed of crazy sovereign-ists and white supremacy groups.

Maybe it was a polygamist band? The cops got beat up by one guy and seven women?

I don't know about Idaho, they must have something more than fluoride in the water in that state. Lol

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

The suspects are from the same family, according to DPS spokesman Bart Graves. The seven in custody, five adult males, a woman and a female juvenile, refused to provide their names, Graves said.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
here is another report, i find it funny people camping out in the walmart packing lots in az.

From what I hear, a lot of people park RVs, etc in Walmart lots overnight...longer if they can. Kind of a nomad/homeless refuge for some.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join