It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia hosts meeting with far right parties of European countries.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well you know what they say, 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'.

Smart positioning from Russia if you ask me. If these far right groups get into power then old alliances are broken and new ones made.

Can't be any worse than our leftist leaders have done, I mean they've messed this world up severely...

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

That the leaders of the western world have made a right royal mess of things is neither in question here, nor relevant in the least to Russia's deciding to give a forum to the arch bastards, known as the far right. No amount of wrong on the part of one group, can justify this level of stupidity from another.

As for the enemy of my enemy being my friend? I have said it before, and I hope I never have cause to repeat myself, the enemy of my enemy is my enemy too, unless they have values and principles which are founded in decency and love for their fellow human beings, an acceptance that all human beings are equal, and deserve equal freedoms and rights, an acceptance of the reality that we all bleed the same. The far right have no such thing.

Supremacists of all colours and creeds have no place in modern society, their attitudes and insecurities are outmoded and have been proven rotten on so many occasions, that to debate their nonsense provides it more credit than their babble deserves. My only interest is in seeing the eventual extinguishing of far right ideology, no matter what its source is.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

It's true what you say and you won't have to repeat yourself to me.

The thing is, sometimes there are necessary evils and I believe that the Far right is one of those. Extinguishing the far right can only be achieved by doing such to the left, because with one extreme comes the other.

That fact is, if people are going to have freedom of thought, there will always be extremes which gives birth to its opposition.

When the day comes where individuals are scared to say what they think, that will be the day freedom dies. We're not there quite just yet, but with this increasingly dire situation, we inevitably see both sides of the coin strengthening.

People's points of view may not be pretty, common or accepted, but they are free to believe what they feel is right.

While people fit between the far right and far left spectrum, we have a balancing act, remove one side and everyone slides into a very dangerous direction.

Anyway a bit off topic, but let like minds come together is what I'm trying to say, as this is the best course for stability.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Stability?

The status quo, the same old thing? I have no time for it. Abolishing hate would be a global step change, and messy, but it needs doing. Allowing it to fester rather than eliminating it entirely, will become a cancer on our rump and prevent us from concentrating on furthering our advancement as a species. We need to move on, so that we can invest more time and money in things like sustainable living solutions, and space travel, than we do on military equipment and the massive (and illegal) surveillance of our data from every angle.

The future has no place for organisations and beliefs which carry hatred in their mantra, or bear even the slightest resemblance to Nazism.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Nazism is just a consequence of the extreme.

Hatred can't be abolished as much as Love can be abolished. It's a feeling it's an emotion.

It's above all else necessary I'm afraid.

There's a reason Hatred exists, it evolved as a survival instinct. Until energy, Food and habitable space have become infinite in nature, then it's a necessary trait.

If this didn't exist, we would be so technologically behind today that we would most likely have never become a civilized world.

It's the hate and the bettering ourselves over others and striving to stay there that has brought us this far.

Technologies have advanced exponentially thanks to the battlefield and wars.

Space exploration may not have been possible and no one would have walked on the moon.

So before you say part of what makes humanity special should be eradicated, you should think about what its purpose has done for us.

Yes great evil have arisen from this trait of humanity, but it has single handedly dragged us from ape men to space men.

And you know, if we decided to take a pill and abandon hatred, we would destroy all weapons and not further their development.

Let's say we work together get to space and find hundreds of hostile civilizations. Well then it won't be long till our extinction.

There are a lot of evil people out there that we could do without, but It's just an unfortunate ability of a trait that humanity needs for it's survival.

What I'm saying is, evil in this world can't be eradicated without tearing out a part which makes us human.
edit on 23-3-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The science and technology may have improved, but as long as we refuse to make root and branch changes to the hatred in our societies, all that advancement will mean nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join