It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lunar Clue to the Connection between Uranium and Black Shales

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The standard explanation for the presence of large amounts of uranium in oil shales is that it precipitates out of seawater.
Where is the seawater on the Moon?

www.aapg.org...

The mice from straw argument of Anoxic (oxygen deprived) seawater precipitating out the uranium has one serious problem. The ocean has to be ecologically productive for organic material to be buried to form the oil and gas in the shale. If the ocean is anoxic (dead) how is the organic material found in the shales produced? The uranium prevents organic material that falls into it from decaying. You can get one but not both from the anoxic seawater.

What if the source of the uranium was more common sense like the Earth’s crust and mantle. The problem here is that uranium is found at 2 parts per million in the crust and mantle. What process could concentrate uranium to 100’s of parts per million and have it fall from the sky?
According to the kinetic theory of gases a heavier gas molecule moves slower than a lighter gas molecule at the same temperature. What if the temperature were high enough that some of the molecules were able to reach escape velocity from Earth?

What has enough energy to heat the crust and mantle enough that lighter molecules like potassium and silicon would reach Earth’s escape velocity but heavier slower molecules like uranium fell back to Earth?

How about an Extra-Solar Asteroid? An asteroid from outside the Solar System does not need to be going less than 72 kilometers per second. At much higher velocities (>200kilometers per second) an asteroid does not leave much of a surface crater. It punches through the crust reaching the mantle before detonating. In geology these massive melt structures in the mantle have been called Mantle Plumes. But obviously since they didn’t originate in the mantle so they should be called impact plumes.

The impact chamber flares plasma from the Earth’s surface at tens of thousands of degrees which then separates out according to their molecular velocity. The slower heavier elements fall out (like uranium) and are concentrated while the lighter elements leave Earth.
Voila uranium falling from the sky. It falls to the bottom of the oceans and makes just the bottom of the oceans anoxic. So the upper oceans still have enough oxygen to support life. When they die their bodies fall into the uranium anoxic zone and are preserved.

The uplift from the detonation and thermal expansion of the rock produces the uplift which erodes burying the organic material. The heat from the chamber cooks the organic material to produce oil. By including plate motion you can remove 30 to 60% of the uncertainty in finding oil.

Extra-Solar Asteroids, the one stop geologic process for producing oil.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: marsrat

Nice to meet you too.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Nice to meet you....AGAIN!

WWW.2ND.DONE

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Interesting thread. Shame only members can view it, seeing how it's in the Introduction Forum.

Welcome to ATS

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sorry about the abrupt introduction but this topic has been deleted already once. And if I can't get this topic viewed we can all become extinct.

A Fractured Dinosaur Tale
The recent discovery of the dinosaur Moses on Mount Sinai has caused a great deal of consternation to the Continental Resources geologists. A fragment of a stone tablet that was found nearby was translated as saying; Thou Shall Build an Asteroid Defense System.

Other dinosaur documents reveal that the elected Pachycephalosaurus (bone heads) gave the Tyrannosaurs Rexs a big tax cut so they couldn’t afford to build a defense system.

edit on 21-3-2015 by marsrat because: Missing words

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I believe I am only allowed to post a new topic to the introductions page until I reach twenty posts. I am in a race with Winston Smith (1984) about how long my posts last.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

A fragment of a stone tablet that was found nearby was translated as saying; Thou Shall Build an Asteroid Defense System.

Smells like a hoax to me. Ancient hebrews had no words for "asteroid".

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You need to introduce yourself in this forum.

Hi I'm Rosinitiate.

You can browse other threads and make posts. Once you hit twenty you can create your own thread in the correct forum. I'm no moderator, just trying to help.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Hi Bernie.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

It's not like Bernie to post a source, usually he just goes on ranting...

You could be right though. But let's give the OP a chance, just in case we are wrong.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: marsrat
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I believe I am only allowed to post a new topic to the introductions page until I reach twenty posts. I am in a race with Winston Smith (1984) about how long my posts last.

You are getting into ATS waaaay on the wrong foot.
A mod should be along soon.
I'm going to assume that your repeated news is not near as important to the survival of earth as you assume.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

So I get my news from the "Far Side" cartoon.

So who is Bernie?

Major extinctions appear to be periodic (Very roughly about 30 million years) so I think we might still have a few minutes to the next one.

I am a Marsrat, it is a vocation not a proper name.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

And if I can't get this topic viewed we can all become extinct.

So I have viewed your "topic" and that means we are safe form an asteroid hit now? Ok I can sleep better tonight. How does your thread create an asteroid defense shield. Give it to me in baby steps...Are you one of our missing "creators" coming back to warn us. Where did you park your "chariot of fire"

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Your other thread didn't get deleted. They just moved it to the skunk works forum. This is a topic thread, not an intro thread so it was moved to a more proper forum. After youve posted 20 posts, you can create threads in other forums besides the intro forum. Heres your other thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

It keeps getting deleted because we have rules here. One of which is that new members need twenty posts to start a new thread outside this forum. Its not some super secret Illuminati conspiracy to suppress your information, its just rules.

If your info is so important )it certainly is interesting) then it shouldn't be hard to make a minuscule 20 posts.

Kallisti

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Its not Bernard. This doesn't fit his usual modus operandi. Its similar, I give you that but my gut tells me its not Bernie.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I am very confused by Rosinitiate statement that only members can see what is on the introductions page. Without logging in I can see all the other introductions, but mine only appears when I login in .

Since I live in the Fascist Empire Of Oklahoma I am a bit leery when only I can see what I post. It is like the Fascists in Oklahoma have nothing to hide if no one else can see it. Hiding geology in Oklahoma is a very serious subject since the earthquakes have increased by a hundred times. Even the knuckle draggers here are beginning to think that they have been lied to by the Oklahoma Geological Survey.

Since the Oklahoma Geological Survey is controlled by the University of Oklahoma and the Oklahoma State Regents own this IP address at the Library I am very skeptical that my words ever leave the library.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Since the Regents appear to be at odds with me and the Windows OS does not have a problem if I am being diverted through another computer with the same owner (the Regents) I may have been entirely too hostile to your friendly suggestions and will become more patient.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It appears that the odd things I have been experiencing are happening on my end of the network. So my paranoia is quite misdirected since Chinese style censorship appears to exist in Oklahoma already.

The President of University of Oklahoma David Boren was once the Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee. He resigns his Senate term early to become President at OU. You know he was having breakfast with CIA director George Tenet on 9-11. You also know that Boren has never left the Intelligence Community.

I am not just dealing with redneck sheriffs here when investigating the oil companies.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: marsrat
It appears that the odd things I have been experiencing are happening on my end of the network. So my paranoia is quite misdirected since Chinese style censorship appears to exist in Oklahoma already.

The President of University of Oklahoma David Boren was once the Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee. He resigns his Senate term early to become President at OU. You know he was having breakfast with CIA director George Tenet on 9-11. You also know that Boren has never left the Intelligence Community.

I am not just dealing with redneck sheriffs here when investigating the oil companies.

Are you an investigator that works in a library?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join