It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurds Pay Tribute To Ex Marine Has His Body Returns To U.K.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

Huh?

I just stated my Position , Why do you Insist that i some how am trying to Justify their actions ?

They (ISIS) feel like their fighting evil , just as "they" the ones fighting against ISIS feel like their fighting evil .

again it's a mater of perspective .

Forgive me if i was not Clear in my words . But again i am not trying to Justify "actions" of either party .

Yours is a typical warped perspective, Trying to justify your position by implying things are really two sides of the same coin. What utter BS.

ISIS achieves its objective ("fighting evil" as you put it) by decapitating innocent people, torture , rape and murder etc

The Kurds achieve its objective by getting rid of murders, rapists and torturers who call themselves ISIS.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

Huh?

I just stated my Position , Why do you Insist that i some how am trying to Justify their actions ?

They (ISIS) feel like their fighting evil , just as "they" the ones fighting against ISIS feel like their fighting evil .

Forgive me if i was not Clear in my words . But again i am not trying to Justify "actions" of either party .

Yours is a typical warped perspective, Trying to justify your position by implying things are really two sides of the same coin. What utter BS.

ISIS achieves its objective ("fighting evil" as you put it) by decapitating innocent people, torture , rape and murder etc

The Kurds achieve its objective by getting rid of murders, rapists and torturers who call themselves ISIS.

I am not sure at this point weather to just assume your Ignorant or just trolling .

ISIS BELIEVE THEY ARE FIGHTING THE "EVIL kUFAR " (DISBELIEVERS), JUST AS THE KURDS BELIEVE THEY ARE FIGHTING EVIL ISIS.

Each side feel they are fighting an evil , the very act of Killing is evil in of its self! Not every Kurd is a Kufar ! just as not every ISIS member is a raping ,Pillaging ,murdering scumbag.

Each side feels they are justified in Killing ,Again its a mater of belief and perspective.

I am not TRYING to Justify actions of any side ! I am stating that each side are hell bent on Killing .

I am a Pacifist ! I hate killing , I hate war! I have lived through it !

But That's life !

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Many died for their brothers in uniform... Rarely do soldiers care about the political cause... It's the guys beside them they will bleed for.

That said, this soldier found a cause he believed in and gave his life to it... I respect him and hope he has found his place in Valhalla.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Kapusta

You are making excuses for them when you justified it by saying the US did it and Iraq and Vietnam.

I apologize to everyone for responding to an off-topic post. Again this is a thread about honoring a brave man.

I will not respond to any more off-topic post.

Huh?

Well everyone knows that both sides here have a perspective. No deep contemplation required there. I see folks drop this perspective/relativity bomb all over the place as if its some intellectual call to reality in an argument. Often times its a simple tool to rob the argument of any moral high ground and bring it all down to some base and unworkable nothingness.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Kapusta

You are making excuses for them when you justified it by saying the US did it and Iraq and Vietnam.

I apologize to everyone for responding to an off-topic post. Again this is a thread about honoring a brave man.

I will not respond to any more off-topic post.

Huh?

Well everyone knows that both sides here have a perspective. No deep contemplation required there. I see folks drop this perspective/relativity bomb all over the place as if its some intellectual call to reality in an argument. Often times its a simple tool to rob the argument of any moral high ground and bring it all down to some base and unworkable nothingness.

Oh I am sorry I was not aware I had to be on the Moral High Ground is their some written rule saying I have to conform to some standard way of thinking and perspective ?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Meanwhile British Muslims attack and kill British soldiers in the streets. I'm not surprised another feel good story involves the Kurds, they are true allies.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

ISIS BELIEVE THEY ARE FIGHTING THE "EVIL kUFAR " (DISBELIEVERS), JUST AS THE KURDS BELIEVE THEY ARE FIGHTING EVIL ISIS.

Each side feel they are fighting an evil , the very act of Killing is evil in of its self! Not every Kurd is a Kufar ! just as not every ISIS member is a raping ,Pillaging ,murdering scumbag.

Each side feels they are justified in Killing ,Again its a mater of belief and perspective.

I might be wrong but wasn't it Daesh terrorists (ISIS) who invaded Kobane and began indiscriminately killing Kurds, men women and children?

They are literally fighting for their survival. How do you even compare the two?

<< 1   >>

join