It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurds Pay Tribute To Ex Marine Has His Body Returns To U.K.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I found this story very moving. Ex Royal Marine Konstandinos Erik Scurfield, was killed last week while fighting ISIS. His body was returned to the U.K. today, and hundreds of ex pat Kurds meet the body at the airport to pay both their respects and tributes for what he had done for them.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Stories like this go straight to the soul.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

A brave man answered the call against evil by going.

And respect for him was shown by the people he attempted to help. A salute goes out to that young man and the people showing him respect.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
aw RIP

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Thank you for making this thread. This hero deserves to be remembered. He was a honorable warrior on earth and acted against true evil, I have no doubt he is being blessed in heaven as we speak as God always honors those who protect the weak. And god bless the Kurds in their fight and many blessings to all who showed up to this hero's arrival and burial in the U.K. This great soul has planted seeds of hope, light, and love for millions if they will see it. God bless everyone.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Sorry
edit on 20 3 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Much respect to this Marine and the Kurds who've honored him. My condolences as well.
edit on 3/20/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Hear Hear.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Well at least he fought for what's right. Far too many people including American and British soldiers died for nothing especially those who fought for the war in Iraq which was one of the major factors that brought ISIS in power in the first place.
edit on 20-3-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Wow way to take a thread on honoring a soldier. And turn it into a political discussion. This thread is about a warrior that died, please show some respect.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

And respect for him was shown by the people he attempted to help. A salute goes out to that young man and the people showing him respect.

Interesting because Muslims that leave to go fight Jihad are saying the same thing .

Strange world we live in .

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Kurds should be ruling the middle east.....And they are Muslims but not radicals. A better bunch of people would be hard to find in today's world.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

Interesting because Muslims that leave to go fight Jihad are saying the same thing .

They probably are. Of course that would be after they get through chopping off heads and raping women.
edit on 20-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

They probably are. Of course that would be after they get through chopping off heads and raping women.

yeah , Americans did the same thing in Nam and in Iraq , Its really a matter of perspective.

i take a Pacifist stance .

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

So it's okay for Isis to chop off heads and rape women because the USA did it in Iraq and Vietnam?

That makes me wonder what type of Pacifism you prefer?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

So it's okay for Isis to chop off heads and rape women because the USA did it in Iraq and Vietnam?

That makes me wonder what type of Pacifism you prefer?

Where did i say it was Ok?

I was simply Making a perspective comparison.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

You are making excuses for them when you justified it by saying the US did it and Iraq and Vietnam.

I apologize to everyone for responding to an off-topic post. Again this is a thread about honoring a brave man.

I will not respond to any more off-topic post.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

You are making excuses for them when you justified it by saying the US did it and Iraq and Vietnam.

I apologize to everyone for responding to an off-topic post. Again this is a thread about honoring a brave man.

I will not respond to any more off-topic post.

Huh?

I just stated my Position , Why do you Insist that i some how am trying to Justify their actions ?

They (ISIS) feel like their fighting evil , just as "they" the ones fighting against ISIS feel like their fighting evil .

again it's a mater of perspective .

Forgive me if i was not Clear in my words . But again i am not trying to Justify "actions" of either party .

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

My apologies though I'm just trying to be honest since well there hadn't been a "just" war since World War 2 (When we had to stop a mad man). I support the British soldier and his actions.
edit on 21-3-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
sorry double post
edit on 21-3-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This is very sad.. in my book this man truly is a hero in the fight against ISIS. We need more people like this guy!!

Right now YPG are fighting without assistance and they've been under CONSTANT siege for eight months by ISIS thugs. They are among our few true allies left in the region, and after helping our troops so tremendously in Iraq, you'd think we'd have their back?? Nope!! We left them for dead just like the Hmong resistance fighters in Vietnam! There must not be any money in helping these people??

I give props to all U.S. and U.K. veterans who are traveling to Syria to fight with the Kurds. I pray this guy's family is holding up during the grieving process and know he is now resting in paradise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join