It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Human Skeleton Found Buried Under Odessos Fortress Wall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
I think there were plenty of giants in ancient times, its just our modern civilization tries to cover it all up.

And just why would they do that? No one has yet provided an explanation for that. Please...enlighten us! Why the mystery?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I think there were plenty of giants in ancient times, its just our modern civilization tries to cover it all up.

And just why would they do that? No one has yet provided an explanation for that. Please...enlighten us! Why the mystery?

Alternatively, the idea that giants were being covered up is derived from the claim that the Smithsonian was covering up the skeletons, which was invented by David Hatcher Childress in one of his books to explain why his claims had no supporting evidence.
www.jasoncolavito.com...
but yanno, the kids these days don't read

edit on 3-1-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I've never seen a rational explanation as to how a worldwide conspiracy to suppress the evidence is maintained across multiple scientific disciplines or why anyone would throw away the opportunity to literally make their name in their particular field with announcing a find of this magnitude outside of confirmation bias based on negligent biblical translation.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

I've never seen a rational explanation as to how a worldwide conspiracy to suppress the evidence is maintained across multiple scientific disciplines or why anyone would throw away the opportunity to literally make their name in their particular field with announcing a find of this magnitude outside of confirmation bias based on negligent biblical translation.

Yup, whole tribes of giants, tens of thousands of individuals, massive bones, skulls, femurs etc, no evidence at all, Did the israelites grind them down to make their bread. Because the Bible doesn't say...
I mean, one 6'9 giant and we get a whole chapter about it, but tens of thousands, not a sentence.

edit on 3-1-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

Alternatively, the idea that giants were being covered up is derived from the claim that the Smithsonian was covering up the skeletons, which was invented by David Hatcher Childress in one of his books to explain why his claims had no supporting evidence.
www.jasoncolavito.com...

Well, apparently they read Childress...

Harte

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

www.jasoncolavito.com...

Well, apparently they read Childress...

Harte

Probably not. They probably have no idea where the claim started. I didn't.

edit on 1/3/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Yup, whole tribes of giants, tens of thousands of individuals, massive bones, skulls, femurs etc, no evidence at all, Did the israelites grind them down to make their bread. Because the Bible doesn't say...
I mean, one 6'9 giant and we get a whole chapter about it, but tens of thousands, not a sentence.

Maybe they weren't considered giants.
Maybe 12 feet was "normal" sized back then and modern people shrank and are ant-men today.

Harte

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Directly or indirectly, they've read Childress, everyone who's ever read this for instance,

"Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana
hurled a single projectile (rocket) charged with the power
of the Universe. An incandescent column of
smoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand suns, rose with
all its splendor.

It was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic
messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race
of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas."

Has read Childress, because what Childress does, is invents things and then redistributes them passing them off as genuine. The above line for instance is claimed to have come from The Mahabharata when in fact, it makes its first appearance anywhere in one of Childress' books...

Giants, ancient Nukes, lost civilisations, irradiated skeletons in the ruins of the Harappan civilisation, all invented...
About the only thing he didn't invent was that Aliens were in contact in early Mesopotamia, because Zechariah Sitchin had already beaten him to it.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Giants, ancient Nukes, lost civilisations, irradiated skeletons in the ruins of the Harappan civilisation, all invented...

Harappa is one of my all time favs. I only get blank stares though when I ask how a nuclear weapon was discharged in the city but mud brick homes managed to still be standing what? 3300 years later? Meanwhile, Little Boy leveled 90% of the modern city of Hiroshima.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Harappa is one of my all time favs. I only get blank stares though when I ask how a nuclear weapon was discharged in the city but mud brick homes managed to still be standing what? 3300 years later? Meanwhile, Little Boy leveled 90% of the modern city of Hiroshima.

I like that the radioactive skeletons were alleged to have been found in Harappa in 1900, because as you know, the older an excavation is, the more legitimate and also of course, because the Geiger counter wasn't invented until the 1930s

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Directly or indirectly, they've read Childress, everyone who's ever read this for instance,

all its splendor.

Has read Childress, because what Childress does, is invents things and then redistributes them passing them off as genuine. The above line for instance is claimed to have come from The Mahabharata when in fact, it makes its first appearance anywhere in one of Childress' books...

My understanding is that we owe that "quote" to Charles Berlitz, who copped it from an earlier work "Morning of the Magicians."

Berlitz dressed it up, and later Childress added some touches.

Harte

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

[My understanding is that we owe that "quote" to Charles Berlitz, who copped it from an earlier work "Morning of the Magicians."

Harte

No, that "quote" is from "Lost Cities of Ancient Lemuria and the Pacific" which Childress released in 1988.
Its based on earlier quotes which are slightly less deceitful, but that rendition, which is the only one still used by idiots, is copyrighted by Childress

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

all its splendor.

My understanding is that we owe that "quote" to Charles Berlitz, who copped it from an earlier work "Morning of the Magicians."

Harte

Possibly. I can picture the verse being in the woeful Bermuda Triangle book. He did cover vimanas and ancient astronauts in there. In fact, I was quite impressed with the photo section in the hardback.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: theantediluvian

Strange, in the old days giants were used as warriors and were feared by most. Now they make good money playing basketball and people are trying to get their autograph and a picture by them. Boy, the world has changed.

You beg the question. The giants in ancient times were not just very tall individuals, such as we occasionally find today. Instead, they were even then reported to be members of a definite species of human beings with characteristics like a double row of teeth, red hair, etc. In trying to belittle the issue, you miss the essential point.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

[My understanding is that we owe that "quote" to Charles Berlitz, who copped it from an earlier work "Morning of the Magicians."

Harte

No, that "quote" is from "Lost Cities of Ancient Lemuria and the Pacific" which Childress released in 1988.
Its based on earlier quotes which are slightly less deceitful, but that rendition, which is the only one still used by idiots, is copyrighted by Childress

According to Childress:

Consider these verses from the ancient Mahabharata*:

...(it was) a single projectile
Charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns
Rose in all its splendour...

...it was an unknown weapon,
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

...The corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognisable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.

After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected...
....to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment.24

* Berlitz, Charles, Mysteries of Forgotten Worlds, Doubleday, New York, 1972.

© 2000 by David Hatcher Childress

Source

Harte

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Everyone knows this is just a tall person and not an actual giant don't they?.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Everyone knows this is just a tall person and not an actual giant don't they?.

5'4 is not tall
hey wait, you didn't read all the thread did you

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

Well duh... Everyone knows that the governments technology is 30 years ahead of what we have access to so they must've been using the first Geiger counter at Harappa because the Smithsonian wanted to steal all the bones.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

It's all about perspective. My grandfather was a Jockey who raced for the Sanford's in the 30's and 40's. To him, 5'4" was a giant. Therefore the Israelites were clearly descended from H. Floresiensis.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

* Berlitz, Charles, Mysteries of Forgotten Worlds, Doubleday, New York, 1972.

© 2000 by David Hatcher Childress

Source

Harte
That isn't Berlitz quote, its Childress'
Berlitz is mentioned as a source at the bottom
try this
www.jasoncolavito.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join