It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's something very, very wrong...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I'm sure you'll find on ATS that it's all the fault of obama or liberals lying thieving sack-of-ship politicians from both sides of the veil, plus banksters, lobbyists and other publicly funded "bottom feeders"

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Humanism is the way back.

Do not kill. Do not allow the state to kill in your name.
Reject the amoral value system of profit machines.
Reject trans-humanism in all it's forms. Dump the technocrat pill pushers and hypes.
Embrace the religions that foster free will. i.e. none of them.

Do these things even if you think it's too late.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Forgot to take your Blue Pills again and14263 ?

The whole problem lies with the Blue Pill taking population in the Western World which keeps the Elites in power, as long as they want to stay in the Matrix, there`s nothing more you can do then to try to get them to take the Red ones and just accept the things the way they are.

Accepting is the key word, just accepting, nothing more...as long as you keep trying to wake people up, you do all you can, but if people just want to stay in the Matrix it`s out of your control and not your fault, and accepting the way it is, is the only thing left besides stepping back in the Matrix yourself.

edit on 17 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

You are looking at the world through the lens of a computer. If you don't travel, you don't know what the world is like. Go outside and look around.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I agree with everything you've said.

I am also so tired of seeing and hearing people bicker and argue about their views on politics. Republican vs Democrat has gotten way out of hand. It has really divided the U.S.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

No way back eh? How far "back" do you reckon we would have to rewind to eliminate the complaints you have listed here? Seems to me most of these are predictable side effects of any "civilization" at any time in history. The human animal is an unsophisticated brutal beast by its very nature.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You are looking at the world through the lens of a computer. If you don't travel, you don't know what the world is like. Go outside and look around.

I've gone out and had a look around, that's how I know we're shafted. Mate, I've literally (in the correct sense of the word not the new way the youth employ it) traveled the world, more than once. I've stayed in the blocks of East Europe, the Highlands of Scotland, the slums of Africa, in rain forests and jungles of Asia and SE Asia, I've been to almost every European country, I'm fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, English, I can easily get by in Bulgarian and Thai...

I'm looking at the world through experienced eyes.

Notes: First off I shouldn't have bitten. Second off this reply was really painful because I'm not one to blow my own trumpet and I know I'll come off sounding like a total tw@t and should hit delete... but I'm not going to because I am certainly not looking at life through a computer.

Sorry. x

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

"The human animal is an unsophisticated brutal beast by its very nature."

Yet we are also capable of empathy and compassion towards others. We are able to create great artistic architectural wonders and are beginning to fathom the very nature of our universe/mutiverse through the process of mathematics and science. Seems that greatness courts failure regarding so many different aspects of the Human condition. If anything we are certainly an enigma wrapped up in a paradox, our very nature being a paradox all on its own.

As far as i can see the problem regarding humanity is that as a group we are indeed only as competent or as intelligent as the stupidest members of our society, alas that seem to be the majority as opposed to the minority. There is also fact that there are far to many of us on the planet and lets face it we are a tremendous strain on the planets biosphere.

Sad really given our potential and ability to adapt and overcome. In the end its those very same ability's that will ensure our demise but thats nature.

edit on 17-3-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Great thread, I love me a dose of truth

It is real to me; that Humans (you, reader) are playing out lesser versions of themselves, caught up in a type-hypnotic state of mind.

To belive things that aren't real or true AT ALL, or to give power to everything by SELF (you, give your power away). We know what we are told is morally WRONG, yet stick our heads in the sand.

We seek brief entertainment which is usually vulgar, sexual, abusive or something demeaning in nature, as if this is worth our moment of life.

We put the WRONG things inside of our biological /, organic bodies. Things that actually slow down and weaken our foundation as biology, microbiology, chemistry, mental and emotional - the things WE ARE - we dismiss for pleasure.

Is this not sinning at the highest levels the world over? The bible is bull# when it talks of heaven and hell as.something after death...

This IS HELL. It can barely get worse then things that are happening to you and I, and eveyone we know or don't.

The body is the beast (666 carbon based), and earth us the under world, in CURRENT state - lower states of ourselves is the reflection of what is happening now.

Glad you made this thread, someone had to put it there is bold. Yet, most will heartfelt for 5 minutes, then close Web page, and continue being a used and manipulated animals who are dominate by influenced thought patterns

edit on 17-3-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

It's hard to disagree with you and i often find myself sharing these same thoughts, but it's worth remembering that Herodotus (c800bc iirc?) was the first dude we know of to write that it's all going to hell in a hand cart and that it was better when he was a kid...

Keep the faith though, and don't give up. We can all make a difference in tiny ways, and if we keep on doing so i'm pretty sure that we can make it, though we may be bruised and bloodied when we come out the other side

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
One of the greatest empires in history (the Roman Empire) fell from within for the exact same reasons.
Agree 100% star and flagged

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I read somewhere once that the more intelligent a person is the bigger his downfall if he has a breakdown. I think what you are suffering from is information overload. ie. You CARE about the world around you but cannot do anything about it.
My friends wife used to cry every time any scenes came on the TV with starving African children in them. She cried not for their plight but because she could not do anything directly to help them.
Lesson to be learnt, you might feel for the worlds suffering, you might feel guilty because you are powerless to do any thing but the bottom line is get on with your own life and take the problems when they get to you. There is no guilt in being impotent to help people. That is the PTB responsibility and THAT is the guilt trip that they like to lay at your door.
The world has always been f***** up it's just that with todays information availability (also with your travels) people know an awful lot more about different countries and their problems.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Exactly what needs to be heard by all those that complain. You are the change that needs to happen. What is on voice? One of many. Who was MLK? Who was Lincoln? Who was Hitler, who was Gandhi, Who was Nelson Mandela? . You may not like references. But i ask were they one voice that started a movement that affected millions? You may not be that voice. But it can be contagious and the one will appear out of the mist when enough is enough. All we can do is keep trying. All this is doing no good is BS. Change has been happening, eyes are opening. Not at the rate i would like. We may me something drastic to happen before change. But it is coming.Keep your voice heard, it takes a lot and a lot of time for sheeple to wake from their sleep. It took time to indoctrinate them and the same is need for change.

Ask yourself: What will be your contribution to yourself or the world today?
a reply to: Aliensun

edit on 17-3-2015 by roth1 because: Added

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

It is was interesting to come to the site today and see your headline. I've been sort of wallowing in sadness the past few days about the same topic.

As a writer, I just finished an article on the student loan debt crisis. Last week, I wrote about how homogenized America has become--how you can travel from one end of the country to the next and see the same stores, same restaurants. It's all so ugly and not like the America I remember growing up.

The week before that, I wrote about property taxes and how no one can afford to live anymore. Food prices have risen by 244% by some accounts. Finding housing in a city near where you work is prohibitive.

I stopped watching TV and the news this past year. Television is just so bad. I rely on the Internet for news now and entertainment.

It can be a little lonely, too, to be around people who don't get what's really going on. You try to be in their happy cloud with them but it isn't real. Sometimes I wonder if it would just be easier to be a sheeple. Ignorance is bliss.

I've decided I'm going to get through the next 30 years or so saying prayers, keeping my family close, and looking for places where freedom still reigns--if only barely. I still travel and find happiness in that. I love my family and I can make my home a source of peace and solitude. I'm just going to do the best I can to live the best life possible in this crazy, messed up world.

I've long since stopped trying to educate people about the truth. Nobody cares and after awhile I decided it wasn't worth it anymore.

Getting too involved in "the truth" is actually risky business these days.

So, I'm with you OP. I hear ya. Just do the best you can to create a life around the circumstances we find ourselves in....

edit on 17-3-2015 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I disagree with you.

Today brand of f****ed up is a unique brand indeed. There is something truly amiss and the insanity is difficult for people to cope with.

If the world were a person, it would have been admitted to a psych hospital long ago.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

There is no way back. Our world has broken beyond repair.

You are so right about it, that is why I don't care about the future of this planet anymore... WW3, false politicians, ISIS, it's all a part of the human civilization future collapse, which is inevitable.

I believe the 2012 prophecy might have been true, there was an awakening but humanity were not strong enough to hold it enough for a real change. Therefore there is a growing darkness all around and ever since.

I heard something interesting that Terence Mckenna said, that in a process of every birth there are hundreds of millions cells dying in the process so that a fetus could emerge. He gave the same analogy to human civilization, in order for humanity to evolve, something supposedly "terrible" should happen and make way for the new.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Everything you mentioned is about money, Those with the money care only about the money. They have missed the point about being alive and cater to a very dark evil that may be categorized as Satanic.

I am not Religious.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
wHAT ARE THE HEALTHY FOODS that are actually bad for you?? o.0

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Life or so we are lead to believe is actually whats killing us but the alternative does not bere consideration. Ater all we are here for a fun time not a long time.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You are 100% correct! And I'll go on preaching what I believe. Everything is broken and can not be fixed. To correct the situation, it must be torn down or burned down and rebuilt from scratch. And I'll go one step further. We are humans...we are greedy and corruptible. Not only must it be torn down and rebuilt...it must be torn down and rebuilt on a regular basis. Otherwise, it will again become the monster we hate today. Now...good luck killing the monster. We have fed it well and there are some among us that suckle off it. A bad situation all around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join