It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's something very, very wrong...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
There is no way back. Our world has broken beyond repair.

The media is biased and wants to control our thoughts. The news is a small snippet of eyelevel stories, stories that will sell, create commotion, publicity and sales. The news agenda is set by those who want sales and are paid to push an agenda.
Yet many people still live their life by the word of the news and media, they think it is unbiased.
Surely it is obvious these faux news shows and reporters are pushing an agenda?
Almost every piece of information we are allowed to see goes through a filter/is changed to suit an agenda. A business agenda… a political agenda. It’s fake. The information we receive is fake.

TV entertainment has pushed boundaries so far looking for the next entertaining shocker that the morals and behaviours acted out on screen are immoral and bad examples – divorce, affairs, violence. This is having a noticeable effect on us. The younger generation, their behaviour and beliefs, they are being ruined by TV and films and games. We are becoming a mess. People consciously/unconsciously take in what happens on TV and this influences their actions.

The idea of democracy is an illusion. Our political parties are fuelled by private investments from big businesses. The leaders are puppets and do not love our people – they love money and power. Yet we are chastised for saying voting is a sham, that nothing will ever change. We are misled. We are being lied to. We are part of a workhorse of a population used to better the lives of those in control.

There are people dying of starvation and disease. People give birth to babies, these babies die because they are diseased. That’s hell isn’t it? Yes. But our leaders, leaders who are supposed to love people and better lives, our leaders spend millions and billions on war, bettering private businesses and making their campaign trails look believable.

Abuse case cover-ups are happening all over our country. The police and the people we trust to look after us and our children are in on the cover-ups. The MPs are in on the cover-ups. Some say social services are in on the cover-ups.

The food promoted to us as healthy is bad for us. It kills us and makes us crave more.

We treat people with mental illness as aliens who must be locked up... Rather than focusing on rehabilitation and investigation a cause and cure.

And yet we sit here at our computers, side tracked by obvious agenda ridden headlines and threads in our faces, distracting us, stopping us thinking about real issues.

There is no way back. Our world has broken beyond repair.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I so agree and wish I could give you applause!

IMHO, this is what happens when "do what thou wilt" becomes the "whole of the law'

I don't see a fix either, at least not a human fix.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I've felt the same way for a while now. There may be a few who see what's going on, but not enough. People see corruption in the news and say "Do Something", without realizing the ones they expect to do something, are the ones who are in on it. I think we're in a death spiral. As bad as things are now, the next 5 - 10 years will be a nightmare.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Yeah. Those issues you mention are the exact reason why so many people get all glassy-eyed when thinking about signing up for the impractical Mars One program which is nothing but a wantabe dream, a shaded lusting for the inherent powers of the traveling ETs that visit us. But then, that form of extreme escapism is the exactly the same that we all tend to to use in minute ways as we trudge along, seeking escape in our daily grinds, pausing every once in awhile with a bent finger to point out what is wrong with our own actions but doing little else. Ask yourself: What will be your contribution to yourself or the world today?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Watch it go.
Watch it go and be merry.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I used think the exact same way years ago.

Then I cancelled my cable, stopped worrying about the things out of my control, and started eating real vegetables and meats (as opposed to boxed foods) and started researching all topics that interested me. Including those who I wanted to spend a vote on.

All those items you list are within your grasp to change. Be that change and get rid of the things you don't need or like. Change your views on the world by understanding that it isn't in your control. Don't like what you see on TV? Good. Turn it off. Think your foods are unhealthy? Ok. Grow your own or make more viable solutions possible.

There will always be death/starvation/disease because this world isn't perfect and never will be. Why let it bother you? Can you fix the world issues? No. Don't allow the media to manipulate you into thinking you need to do something about it (or spend your money on their problems).

It is a big game/scam and you can either face it head on and fight it in your intelligence and research...or succumb to it's will.

Oh and by the way, one of my biggest ire's is the fact that we pay all these taxes to line their pockets, fight their wars and build their machines. What do we get in return? Crumbled roads, bridges and electric grids and when we ask for it to be fixed....they say they need more money. That is the biggest load of bull excrement I have ever heard. They get plenty of our money but gov't isn't the answer.

The people are.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

I don't watch TV, news or buy papers. I do access the internet. The problem is the influence on other people these things have thus creating a terrible world for us all. I completely understand how to change these things on a personal level. But it's the bigger picture we need to think about.

I'm not sure if I need to do something about starvation - I know someone does - the governement as I mention above are the main suspects. But I admit I am letting these things happen.

If the people are the answer then we need to address each and every one of my OP points - because these are destroying the people. Government and establishment is destroying the people of today and more-so the people of tomorrow.

You see what I'm saying?

I appreciate your post, opinions and ideas but I think the self focused attitude of trying to cope on an individual level is only the first step.. the next more brave and courageous step is to fix the world. But I feel we cannot, it has gone too far.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It has always been broken.

Maybe History lesson make look some era's obscure in a sense we say it was better. But I don't think so.
Power, food and babies is what it always has been and for a long time will stay.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

Perhaps you're correct, history books are of course subject to the same manipulation as our news.

I do recall the 1980s though when our parents were disciplined and ethical and their children were the same.

Modern day shows me young uneducated parents with no conscience to promote ethical upbringing of children. The TV is the babysitter - I'm sure it never was on such a large scale.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

Hope this is not to off topic but I love your dumbass disclaimer in your sig!

On topic, I think the world is a huge pile of kindling soaked in gas waiting for some narcissistic moron to flick his smoke on the pile.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I'm sure you'll find on ATS that it's all the fault of obama or liberals

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Hmmmm...

The Running Man is still 2 years ahead, but we are closing in!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

You mean the 80s when young adolescents used crack/coc aine?
Born from parents who were adolescents in the 60s?
Who were raised by their parents to enjoy life and freedom for which they fought in the WW's?

In the 80s there were wars, conflicts, starvation you name it. Maybe not on your doorstep.

Every era has it good parts and bad parts.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
What we have here is the down side to being "awake". Sure, we know all about the evils of the world. We can see the slight of hand and we are paying attention to what the other hand is doing. But,...........we have no control over any of it. I tried to explain this to my kids. It may be nice to know the truth, but there is a lot to be said for blissful ignorance.

Worry about things you can change. while it's a good idea to keep vigilant and watch the watchers, don't let it get too intense. You need to find a balance with all things, this is one of the most important ones. Keep it fun and entertaining.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

We are everywhere and can not be held accountable.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

You have verbalized exactly how I feel, yet when I go to write about it I can never get it out.

I feel like there is no turning back at this point. Either we are headed for a cliff or some sort of evolution of humanity.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I'm sure you'll find on ATS that it's all the fault of obama or liberals

And I am just as sure Bush and republicans will be blamed.

Same illusion, same song and dance. And the sheeple love the hate, but fail to notice the puppet strings.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

edit on 17-3-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Only beyond repair really while us Humans still walk the Earth. So to be more precise its Humanity thats most lightly beyond repair. A couple of 100,000 years without our presence and Mother Earth could quite possibly return to her natural cycle.

Thing is through, the Bees are nearly extinct and Dolphins do not possess opposable appendages. One has to wonder who or what will be the next dominant species. I say give the cockroaches a chance, considering if our own species does indeed go the way of the Dinosaur and our rectors melt down and irradiate a significant proportion of our world, those little cockroach blighters love the stuff.

Or maybe it's time to give the rats a chance, they seem to fair ok regarding mutation due to radio-logical exposure. Probably not all the same considering what us Mammals have done to the place this time round.

edit on 17-3-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

You are exactly right. I agree with everything you said.

I am a drastic person and believe that in order to enact change, we need to destroy cable programming, shut off the news and unify through our own communities. Then shut off the nation by force. Eliminating problems will only happen when the right people see them. As of today, people still don't see the problems like you do. They are still consuming in a daily fashion and regularly choosing ignorance over intelligence.

You are also right in thinking we cannot change the world. Individually we can only affect the 3 foot space around us. We can't even get enough people to collaborate and reform our own tax code. The constant bickering and bipartisan idiocracy has ruined what could have been a start to a great change. Kids today are being taught and raised into a culture that is terrifying. Not because of fear, but because they are being indoctrinated by the very Department of Education (*ahem...gov't) purposefully and quickly to eliminate future dissent. It is quite frightening. Again, we can change it...but first we all need to see it, instead of worrying about football, television, Mcdonalds or entertainment in general.

So how do we stop it? Or shall I say...where do we begin? You are right, it may not be possible to fix a broken world. So we do the best we can with what we have and try to be a positive influence on those around us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join