It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wicca. What are you thoughts? what is it and where did it come from? Do you agree?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: iNobody
There may be confusion because not even all Wiccans or witches agree with what they are, they are not unified, and there are a variety of beliefs. They are basically pagans, and not even all pagans agree with each other with what they believe.

From the Wiccans I've had conversation with, there are a few who do not understand who is actually behind their occult beliefs, and may not even believe in God or Satan.

But there are definitely ones who do know Satan and his demons are real and use their power.

I personally know of a Wiccan who knew the names of many demons and would converse with them, and learned to know their personalities and their differences. He had supernatural abilities, of course not do to his own power. But even he was fooled by those spirits that gave him power. And when he tried to break free they harassed him very harshly.

But as was mentioned, there are people who just think that it is a free-loving way of worship of nature. They are all of them deceived. The ones who know everything about it can only have apostatized from the truth. Because they will not be taught the truth, no matter how much they think they may know.

So I assume you are christian then?

I only ask because you said early on that many of them " may not even believe in God or Satan"

You have to understand why I bring this up I hope but I respect your input and your interpretation of Wiccans.

I look forward to your reply.

I am a disfellowshipped Jehovah's Witness. I have a drinking problem that I need to get under control, and wish not to be a hypocrite and act like I am holy.

Jehovah is the name of God. He created the angels, some of whom rebelled. A Jehovah's witness is someone who bares Jehovah's name. Right now, I am unworthy of it. But I am trying to overcome my weakness and come back to the faith. I never left it. But since I've been shunned I have been visited by demons. One time in a vision, was offered a great deal.

I went into a trancelike state and I was in the middle of a throng of demons, like a huge arena. And out walked a humanlike figure, kind of like Gandalf the white. White robe, white flowing hair and beard. And he held up four symbols before me, if I remember correctly and said they represented "our religion." And went on to reveal which each symbol was, earth, wind, water, fire. And then offered me a very high station in the religion, and he raised his hands and two beautifully formed naked women appeared by his side and he offered me pleasures and power, and prestige.

I replied, "Why would I join you, when Jehovah is going to destroy you and your religion?"

And then this wizard-looking figure turned into a dark figure with no form just a robe and darker than black where the face would be and he yelled: "Destroy!" over and over and I was let out of the trance, and in the room I heard the voice yell destroy again, and all of the light-bulbs in the house shattered at the same instant.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Your last words were spot on, Peter.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: nonspecific

While based on much older pagan traditions, Wicca as we currently know it is a 20th century creation. It's primarily a duotheistic theology(the divine feminine and the divine masculine) but there is no universal or central tenet. It is just as varied in its interpretations as the Abrahamic traditions and like the Abrahamic faiths, the various Wiccan "groups" do share some commonalities in that they view the earth and the entire cosmos as parts of a whole.

Despite the common belief and assertion, not all Wiccans believe in or use magic and some believe that magic is simply the laws of nature at work, an aspect of nature not yet understood by science.

I think Wicca has just as rightful a place in modern society as any other faith or belief system that doesn't go out of their way to cause harm or use the faith for selfish gain.

Thats the best answer so far.

It almost sounds like you know what your talking about.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: iNobody

Absolutely true and yet false. Again, duality at its finest!

People play with their evils and wrong the Wiccan beliefs. Pagans?? Hmmmm, I am familiar with this term but must admit, I am not Pagan, tho I know many.

Are Catholics Christians??
Are Christians Catholic??

It is truth.

And no, Catholics are not Christian. There are no true Christians on earth except those called on by Jehovah's name. They are very few.
edit on 15-3-2015 by iNobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

There may be confusion because not even all Wiccans or witches agree with what they are, they are not unified, and there are a variety of beliefs. They are basically pagans, and not even all pagans agree with each other with what they believe.

From the Wiccans I've had conversation with, there are a few who do not understand who is actually behind their occult beliefs, and may not even believe in God or Satan.

But there are definitely ones who do know Satan and his demons are real and use their power.

I personally know of a Wiccan who knew the names of many demons and would converse with them, and learned to know their personalities and their differences. He had supernatural abilities, of course not do to his own power. But even he was fooled by those spirits that gave him power. And when he tried to break free they harassed him very harshly.

But as was mentioned, there are people who just think that it is a free-loving way of worship of nature. They are all of them deceived. The ones who know everything about it can only have apostatized from the truth. Because they will not be taught the truth, no matter how much they think they may know.

So I assume you are christian then?

I only ask because you said early on that many of them " may not even believe in God or Satan"

You have to understand why I bring this up I hope but I respect your input and your interpretation of Wiccans.

I look forward to your reply.

I am a disfellowshipped Jehovah's Witness. I have a drinking problem that I need to get under control, and wish not to be a hypocrite and act like I am holy.

Jehovah is the name of God. He created the angels, some of whom rebelled. A Jehovah's witness is someone who bares Jehovah's name. Right now, I am unworthy of it. But I am trying to overcome my weakness and come back to the faith. I never left it. But since I've been shunned I have been visited by demons. One time in a vision, was offered a great deal.

I went into a trancelike state and I was in the middle of a throng of demons, like a huge arena. And out walked a humanlike figure, kind of like Gandalf the white. White robe, white flowing hair and beard. And he held up four symbols before me, if I remember correctly and said they represented "our religion." And went on to reveal which each symbol was, earth, wind, water, fire. And then offered me a very high station in the religion, and he raised his hands and two beautifully formed naked women appeared by his side and he offered me pleasures and power, and prestige.

I replied, "Why would I join you, when Jehovah is going to destroy you and your religion?"

And then this wizard-looking figure turned into a dark figure with no form just a robe and darker than black where the face would be and he yelled: "Destroy!" over and over and I was let out of the trance, and in the room I heard the voice yell destroy again, and all of the light-bulbs in the house shattered at the same instant.

That sounds like a great revalation that you had.

How would you relate that to the question of wicca and your interpretation of it though?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
U2U Wrabbit2000 and Cuervo. They probably know more about Wicca than anyone else I can think of on ATS. We do have some other witches here, but I'm not sure they are Wiccan.

edit on 3/15/2015 by Klassified because: ETA

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I am saying that there is no intent of evil or evil ways in the true Wiccan ways. People who say the call up evil demon, Satan, etc. are illsayers to Wiccans. Those that do so give nature people a bad name, and do wrong by delivering false impression.

edit on 1426478570Sunday31Sun, 15 Mar 2015 23:02:50 -0500pmSunday02111131 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

You asked if I was a Christian. I was answering that question. As far as Wicca is concerned, they do worship nature. And they do have a religion based on beliefs in gods of the earth, wind, water, and fire.

From what I have deducted, sometime in the past, others must have been offered the same. It is no coincidence.

Now how was the earth and the universe formed? The Bible states that God did not create it directly but he did it through his son, now known as Jesus, his first creation, and he is in charge of all the angels.

It is obvious that these spirits have abilities given them to help in the creation. They have superhuman knowledge. Demon means knowledge. They have power over the elements, before they had much power. Now, they don't have so much. Wiccans believe in all of this, but have no idea who they are worshiping.

link   

originally posted by: Klassified
U2U Wrabbit2000 and Cuervo. They probably know more about Wicca than anyone else I can think of on ATS. We do have some other witches here, but I'm not sure they are Wiccan.

Thanks, I wa more interested in others view of Wicca though, I have a pretty good understanding of it if you follow me.

I was more interested in the general opinion of what people thought it was.

I'm sure one of them will pop by soon though.

link   

Bright Blessings and may your path to truth be swift and without concern, Non.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You asked if I was a Christian. I was answering that question. As far as Wicca is concerned, they do worship nature. And they do have a religion based on beliefs in gods of the earth, wind, water, and fire.

From what I have deducted, sometime in the past, others must have been offered the same. It is no coincidence.

Now how was the earth and the universe formed? The Bible states that God did not create it directly but he did it through his son, now known as Jesus, his first creation, and he is in charge of all the angels.

It is obvious that these spirits have abilities given them to help in the creation. They have superhuman knowledge. Demon means knowledge. They have power over the elements, before they had much power. Now, they don't have so much. Wiccans believe in all of this, but have no idea who they are worshiping.

Ok thank you for your reply.

Could you imagine just for a second that there is no bible? that there is no God or Jesus and the demons you speak of are not what you think?

I ask this as a genuine question because otherwise this will turn into another thread about God and that is not what I was talking about.

I hope you take this comment in the way that it was intended and I look forward to to your continuing contribution.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I am saying that there is no intent of evil or evil ways in the true Wiccan ways. People who say the call up evil demon, Satan, etc. are illsayers to Wiccans. Those that do so give nature people a bad name, and do wrong by delivering false impression.

You mentioned the devil and satan, Do you believe that is what Wiccans involve themselves with?

That is a genuine question and I appriciate your honesty and contribution to this conversation.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Thanks, I wa more interested in others view of Wicca though, I have a pretty good understanding of it if you follow me.

OIC. My bad.

I think Wicca is one of the better pagan belief systems, because it tries to strike a balance between the masculine and feminine energies. Something I think is very important, metaphysically speaking.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

Wrong looks good on you. Wear it often?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Wicca is an older "religion" than christianity. Wicca believes in the Goddess. There is a God as well but the goddess is the supreme deity. The worship of the goddess was the main religion for many people before christianity spread. The goddess represented the earth and all its seasons. The magic of wicca encompassed the four elements winter,summer spring and fall. It also has to do with north,south,east and west. Wiccans knew herbal plants and used those to heal and work spells. There are 2 magics, white and black, and it would be up to the person how they wanted to use their knowledge. As christianity was introduced to the masses the pagen religion was outlawed. People would still celebrate the pagen holidays in secret. In order to stop this, christian holidays were scheduled on the days or near the days of the wicca holidays.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

OIC. My bad.

I think Wicca is one of the better pagan belief systems, because it tries to strike a balance between the masculine and feminine energies. Something I think is very important, metaphysically speaking.

No bad, you tried to point someone in the right direction, never a bad thing.

As I said I was looking for a world view after seeing some misconceptions bouncing around here earlier.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

"You mentioned the devil and satan, Do you believe that is what Wiccans involve themselves with?"

NO! Wicca, true Wiccans, do not believe in Satan or devils.

link   

originally posted by: drifter1109
Wicca is an older "religion" than christianity. Wicca believes in the Goddess. There is a God as well but the goddess is the supreme deity. The worship of the goddess was the main religion for many people before christianity spread. The goddess represented the earth and all its seasons. The magic of wicca encompassed the four elements winter,summer spring and fall. It also has to do with north,south,east and west. Wiccans knew herbal plants and used those to heal and work spells. There are 2 magics, white and black, and it would be up to the person how they wanted to use their knowledge. As christianity was introduced to the masses the pagen religion was outlawed. People would still celebrate the pagen holidays in secret. In order to stop this, christian holidays were scheduled on the days or near the days of the wicca holidays.

Thank you for your input, Could you give me some links regarding the information you posted please?

link   

Ok thank you for your reply.

Could you imagine just for a second that there is no bible? that there is no God or Jesus and the demons you speak of are not what you think?

I ask this as a genuine question because otherwise this will turn into another thread about God and that is not what I was talking about.

I hope you take this comment in the way that it was intended and I look forward to to your continuing contribution.

Yes I can image there is no Bible. There was none when Adam and Eve were created.

There was none when Cain killed Able.

There wasn't one when the Israelites were freed from Egypt. Many thousands of years of human history passed without a Bible. And even what we have of God's word was completed around the year 98 C. E. So we have much more knowledge than most of humankind ever had.

Now, even back when no Bible existed everyone knew who Jehovah was. And the mystery religions were founded in Babylon, after Nimrod was put to death at the behest of Shem. His wife had to go into hiding. There is a reason why the mystery religions were always occult. And all of the ancient gods have similitiers, such as Simiriamis and Isis. Nabonidis and Osisris.

If you have any occult knowledge at all you know that all mystery religions, and occult secret societies were born in Babylon of old. And all pagan, and thus Wiccan beliefs come from there too. Even without a Bible we can deduct that.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: drifter1109

Samhain, Lamas, Lughnasahd, Beltane, Candlemas, etc....which holiday?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join