It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition seeking treason charges for Iran letter hits 100,000 signatures

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
A petition seeking treason charges against the Senators that signed the letter to Iran has exceeded the 100,000 signatures required to elicit a response from the WH.

Source

Not only was a White House petition startedurging charges be filed “against the 47 U.S. senators in violation of The Logan Act in attempting to undermine a nuclear agreement,” but by Tuesday night, it had hit the 100,000 signature threshold required for an official response from the White House.

I wonder if there will be an official response to this. What do you guys think, treason or not?

Heck, I don't know if it's treason or not, however, it's seems a lot better to make an attempt to remedy the situation before the alternative which would probably be war.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal
A petition seeking treason charges against the Senators that signed the letter to Iran has exceeded the 100,000 signatures required to elicit a response from the WH.

Source

Not only was a White House petition startedurging charges be filed “against the 47 U.S. senators in violation of The Logan Act in attempting to undermine a nuclear agreement,” but by Tuesday night, it had hit the 100,000 signature threshold required for an official response from the White House.

I wonder if there will be an official response to this. What do you guys think, treason or not?

Definitely treasonous but Obama doesn't have the guts to do anything about this. In fact, it was probably just another example of behind-the-scenes collusion between the two branches of the Corporate Uniparty.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

So who from the White House would make a decision that this is treasonous?

+36 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Absolute Treason, by the very definition of it, these acts could start WW3 and have serious implications to our Sovereignty. The people do not want war, period. It has always been this way.

Even if you attempted to be willfully ignorant about the war crimes we have committed against Iran and try to trumpet the nonsense about them being a threat, there are certain channels you need to go through.

For Christ sake's McCain's crazy ass had his picture taken with members of ISIS and this was case and point enough for him to be thrown in prison, I truly hope it all catches up with him and his war mongering psychopath friends like Graham!!

Every single one of them should rot in prison for the rest of their miserable lives IMHO and I mean general population in federal pound me in the A$$ prisons!
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331pmWednesday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
You'd honestly have a better chance seeing God than you would seeing these leeches charged with anything other than being in charge of writing laws absolving them of an wrong. Retroactive of course.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
Absolute Treason, by the very definition of it, these acts could start WW3 and have serious implications to our Sovereignty. The people do not want war, period. It has always been this way.

And yet....perpetual. Imagine that.

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: elementalgrove

And yet....perpetual. Imagine that.

The power of psychological programming is impressive with how it can create slavery while people think they are free and in charge!
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331pmWednesday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

link   

I just went to the WH petition and it's showing 183,398 signatures as of 8pm CST.

It seems the deadline of Apr 8th to reach 100,000 signatures has been far far exceeded as it's only 3 days into this thing.

It'll be interesting to see what that number hits by Apr 8th.

link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Couldn't tell yah. Pretty embarrassing if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

It's not treason. Many people vote GOP because they are proud Zionists.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Crazy.

The fact that it's on a White House .gov website tells me that this is serious s#.

I'd sign it if I was allowed

Anything to piss off the Grand Old Party

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Here is the problem in a nut shell:

This is not treason. Congress did not declare war against Iran. So it can not be treason. However, what the senators did do, is violate the Logan act, and that could be trouble, if they were to go forward and charge them with such, thus it would send them to federal prison for a few years and be barred from politics, as they would all be convicted felons.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I thought the number was closer to 165,000?

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I'm willing to bet somebody's head is going to have to roll for this.

I highly doubt the UN Security Council is going to laugh this off and let it get swept under the rug.

One head (at the very least) is going to get put on the chopping block, IMO.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Doubt it, and on the slim chance it happens, it will be some snot nose member.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I am surprised this thread has not gotten more flags.

This is something that we all should be paying attention to.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Doubt it, and on the slim chance it happens, it will be some snot nose member.

Most likely yes, Cotton being the prime target no doubt.

But the way I'm seeing this, is I think the UN Security Council is going to quietly pull Obama off to the side and demand that he take some sort of action.

Because if that doesn't happen, then that means they've allowed these 47 senators to set a new precedence on the world stage when it comes to global foreign affairs.

I just can't see them letting this one slide.

Just my $.02

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The clear intent of this provision [Logan Act] is to prohibit unauthorized persons from intervening in disputes between the United States and foreign governments. Nothing in section 953 [Logan Act], however, would appear to restrict members of the Congress from engaging in discussions with foreign officials in pursuance of their legislative duties under the Constitution. In the case of Senators McGovern and Sparkman the executive branch, although it did not in any way encourage the Senators to go to Cuba, was fully informed of the nature and purpose of their visit, and had validated their passports for travel to that country. Senator McGovern’s report of his discussions with Cuban officials states: "I made it clear that I had no authority to negotiate on behalf of the United States — that I had come to listen and learn..." (Cuban Realities: May 1975, 94th Cong., 1st Sess., August 1975). Senator Sparkman’s contacts with Cuban officials were conducted on a similar basis. The specific issues raised by the Senators (e.g., the Southern Airways case; Luis Tiant’s desire to have his parents visit the United States) would, in any event, appear to fall within the second paragraph of Section 953. Accordingly, the Department does not consider the activities of Senators Sparkman and McGovern to be inconsistent with the stipulations of Section 953.[8]

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I definitely think it's treason and I signed the petition.

If I were Eric Holder, I'd have their asses handcuffed and arrested by Capitol Hill police in front of all the MSM news sources.

They're traitors of the highest order who have an established record of attempting to undermine our President at every opportunity and now this.

Come to think of it, it would be one hell of a way for the democrats to regain control of the Senate too.

Actually, I don't know what would happen if half the Senate were charged with treason, but I'm more than willing to find out.

It's time to put an end to the insanity.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Treason. No
Violation of Logan act. Maybe
Stupid and unpopular. Without a doubt

Also a bad week for Marco Rubio.
After signing this letter, and recieving a lesson in international law from Iran

He received a lesson in Middle East issues from John Kerry after saying:
" I believe that much of our strategy with regards to ISIS is being driven by a desire not to upset Iran"
A claim he made last week also

Of course Iran and ISIS are enemies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join